[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Stews

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: beef_bourguignon-45398.jpg (176KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
beef_bourguignon-45398.jpg
176KB, 1200x630px
I'm looking for various stew recipes with relatively obtainable ingredients. I wouldn't mind whipping up more traditional concoctions that are cheap and plentiful.
>>
>>9244754
cant go wrong with test kitchen. Id add some potatos or more meat if i had to do it again
https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/8184-tuscan-style-beef-stew
>>
>>9244778
that site and those two cunts kind of put me off
>>
>>9244754

More of a soup, but potato, kale, and chorizo is pretty inexpensive, will last you a whole week, and is quite fulfilling.
>>
File: Pressure-Cooker-Japanese-Curry.jpg (168KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pressure-Cooker-Japanese-Curry.jpg
168KB, 600x400px
>>9244754
Japanese """"curry"""" my friend.
>>
File: 20170430_113322.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_113322.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>9244754
>I'm looking for various throw shit in a pot and let it cook recipes with common ingredients

Look up recipes for borscht or other beet-centric stews. Slavs are onto something with their beets. I don't even make a standard beef stew anymore unless I have beets and fresh sour cream on hand.
>>
>>9244866
kind of reminds me of my chili i made the other day
>>
>>9244887
Reminded me of some bathroom chili I made the other day.
>>
>>9244887

That's because it is, anon. It is.

>(You)
>>
File: IMG_4238.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4238.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>9244754
My grandma makes a really basic one in the crock pot, it's great, nothing special ingredient-wise though.

Ingredients:
Chuck Roast
1 Yellow onion diced
1lb carrots chopped
4-5 Russet Potatoes chopped
Deli Mustard
1 chicken bullion cube

-Season the chuck roast with kosher salt and pepper (I rub in some sage and thyme too)
-Generously lather the chuck roast in deli mustard (coat all sides)
-Heat some olive oil and a pat of butter in a pan, and sear all sides of the roast until browned
-cut the seared roast into chunks
-add diced onion and a little salt to the bottom of the crock pot
-chuck roast chunks next
-then the carrots (and a little more salt)
-dissolve the chicken bullion cube into about 1/4 cup hot water and add to the crock pot

-low and slow, set it on 8 hour cook, rearrange things and stir every couple of hours, add water if it's lookin dry
-After 5.5 hours, add in the potatoes (if you add in the beginning, they become mush, I prefer more bite to them)

It's a really great, basic stew. It's one of my staple recipes. I am sure it can be done in a dutch oven on the stove too.
>>
File: kimchi-stew-8.jpg (131KB, 600x902px) Image search: [Google]
kimchi-stew-8.jpg
131KB, 600x902px
Honestly not fucking with you /ck/

I love this dish

http://thewoksoflife.com/2016/03/kimchi-stew/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.