[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chicken General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

File: spatchcock1.jpg (115KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock1.jpg
115KB, 960x1280px
I'm making spatchcock chicken for the first time. I bought this 16x13 roasting pan for $22 on Amazon and it arrived today, this is my first dish in this pan and why I bought the pan. Side dishes are oven roasted green and yellow squash and baked potatoes.

I'll post some more pics as I go.

So, chicken general, post your chickens, recipes, prices, etc.
>>
File: spatchcock2.jpg (74KB, 640x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock2.jpg
74KB, 640x1280px
Spine is out and I used my fists to pound is flattish. It wasn't very messy.
>>
File: spooked1.png (374KB, 611x558px) Image search: [Google]
spooked1.png
374KB, 611x558px
>tomarrow there is going to be a bunch of black gentlemen selling their EBT,2 gibs for one buck
>20 dollars for 40 dollars worth of food
it's very tempting
>>
File: spatchcock3.jpg (96KB, 640x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock3.jpg
96KB, 640x1280px
I used rubbed some oil on the skin and bottom. I seasoned with adobo and pepper. I put some oil on the bottom of the pan under the rack to help with sticking. I'm hoping it doesn't burn. It's in at 450 for 20-25 minutes. I'll reduce heat after.
>>
File: dont know the feel.png (136KB, 436x513px) Image search: [Google]
dont know the feel.png
136KB, 436x513px
>>9244564
>saline pumped up pre-frozen chicken so you're paying for mostly water weight
>the meat is going to taste like shit no mater how well you cook it
>not getting fresh killed chicken from the poultry house that tastes like chicken and not solutions
>>
File: chicken1.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
chicken1.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
>>9244567
I too buy foodstamps. I'll go to the local methadone clinic and get them for $.25 on the dollar around the first of the month. Junkies man.

Here's some prices I'll pay for chicken. These are a little pricey, but it's still cheap. Typically drumsticks can be as low as $.29/lb and whole chickens as low as $.39/lb
>>
File: spatchcock4.jpg (146KB, 640x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock4.jpg
146KB, 640x1280px
Squash
>>
File: spatchcock6.jpg (156KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock6.jpg
156KB, 1280x640px
Everything is going. Potatoes are almost done and the chicken skin is almost crispy when I drag my tongs across it. The squash is just about done too. It should all finish around the same time.
>>
File: spatchcock7.jpg (139KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
spatchcock7.jpg
139KB, 1280x640px
Everything came out great!
>>
>>9244557
where'd you get the face hugger? just a regular butcher shop?
>>
>>9244557
How long did it take to cook? I've always wanted to do spatchcock but I'm afraid I'll give myself sarsaparilla poisoning. Hope you enjoy it
>>
>>9244564

Did you pull out the sternum? It lays flat really easily once you yank that out.
>>
>>9244557
Is buying bone in chicken worth the price? I can only find boneless skinless chicken breast for 1.99/lb at the absolute lowest. I found some split bone in chicken breast at the store for 80 cents a pound though. I bought a few packs and did cut along the ribs to get most of the meat. I don't know what the bone/meat ratio is though so am I just wasting my time when I could have bought boneless skinless for the same amount of chicken for the price?

I kept the bones because I plan on making chicken noodles in a day or two. I'll cook the bones for a while and see how that goes. I've heard it adds a lot more flavor but we'll see. My only concern is the smaller bones getting lost in the soup and some idiot choking.
>>
>>9245000
wow ok
whole chicken are the cheapest, you can get the breasts, wings, legs down in like 2 min with some practice.
the meat itself is no different obviously, though you always get better cooking results with bone-in cuts, like for example airline chickenbreast. it looks better, tastes better and is cheaper.
i have no idea what your plans are for making chicken noodles, but it sounds like you have no idea what you are doing with the bones.
google a "chickenstock", youll have to add some veg to it and obviously you strain the fucking broth/stock when there are any concerns for smal bones, though it should be pretty clear, so youll prolly see all the particles anyways
>>
>>9244567
>>9244612
murica
>>
>>9244851

How long was cook time?
>>
File: chipotle pepper thighs.jpg (82KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
chipotle pepper thighs.jpg
82KB, 720x1280px
>>9244557

Over the summer, been trying to master cooking chicken on the charcoal grill. I'm good with beef and pork but chicken, especially bone-in has been tricky for me, fully cooking right to the bone without burning the skin and getting flare ups.
>>
>>9244564
>>9244574
>>9244612
>>9244640
>>9244710
>>9244851
Were these pictures taken in Mexico? Why is everything orange?
>>
>>9244710
>>9244851
looks good
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.