[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i cook rice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 45236478676.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
45236478676.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
i just made some rice but since i didn't have any veggies it does not have any taste at all.
I don't have money for vegetables, so what can i do to make it bearable?
I wish i could eat anything without complaining
>>
>>9244373
Soy sauce, musturd, or stop being a little bitch
>>
Replace some of the water with chicken broth. Also salt/pepper to taste. Star Anise for a aromatic if you want that
>>
>>9244373

Egg and soy sauce and sesame oil and garlic and onion powder and red pepper flakes and whatever you want.

Also, recently bought Jasmine rice for first time. It has changed my life. This is what the Chinese places use for their white rice.
>>
>>9244384
>stop being a little bitch
still trying this

>>9244385
>Replace some of the water with chicken broth.
i'll definitely do this since i have some broth packets and cubes
>>
>>9244373
Next time you are broke and want to make rice, put a Tbsp of dehydrated minced onion, and a glug of olive oil or even corn oil.
That's how the colombians make it.

You can also dump half a can of RoTel into rice. Or black beans. Stir.

Anyway, after the fact plain rice can be kicked up with curry sauce (mayo, mustard, jamaican curry powder), it will taste like Chicken Kitchen.

Sprinkle on some Tony Cachere's Lawrys, Mrs Dash, or whatever dollar store spice blend you can buy.
>>
>>9244373
practice to cook salty filipino food
>>
>>9244373
wash rice well
1 cup of rice
2.5 cups water
half a teaspoon salt
put it to boil and stir a bit, once it starts boiling cover it up and never stir on low heat, 20 minutes and its done
>>
>>9244405
This, if you have garlic and onion ( i don't really consicer these veggies as much as staples) dice and saute in butter, toss with the rice and a spash or two of chicken broth
>>
>>9244373
>don't have money for vegetables

You can get frozen veg for less than $2/lb, already prepped. Just throw them in with your rice or steam in the microwave.
>>
>>9244540
Ditto anon
>>
File: 51aWJYSjsfL.jpg (41KB, 314x500px) Image search: [Google]
51aWJYSjsfL.jpg
41KB, 314x500px
>>9244373
Getcha self some of this shit op
>>
Ketchup yo it's good ate rice all my life
>>
File: 682-291.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
682-291.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>9245096
ehhhhh

Most packaged furikake mixes are 99% salt, then some sesame seeds and seaweed dust. I feel like one could make this on their own easily for less. Put it in one of those wide-opening shakers like this.
>>
>>9244400
Jasmine rice = top tier
>>
>>9244373
Hardboil an egg, let it soak in some soy sauce, eat it with the rice. Nice and simple, a comfort meal of mine.
>>
>>9245108
its actually a few types of "seaweed" nori and aonori which is more of the powder.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.