[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can be Pepsi be used for in cooking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

What can be Pepsi be used for in cooking?
>>
>>9242620
Is anyone else tired of all the retarded Americans on this board?
>>
>>9242620
You can boil it down and use it to make a BBQ sauce or glaze.

There are also a lot of Chinese recipes that use cola. They start by braising meat in it then as it boils down it forms a glaze. Tastes great, but it's rather tricky to time to cooking so that it reduces at the correct moment.
>>
>>9242620
use canned pepsi and shove it up the ass of small chickens
>>
File: 34fhfv4.jpg (55KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
34fhfv4.jpg
55KB, 500x385px
>>9242620
for making dough, instead of water. add whatever extras you want, like apples, black currant, raisins, chocolate, etc. then make into balls/cookies. then either deep fry or put in oven

wall-a
>>
>>9242650
>but it's rather tricky to time to cooking so that it reduces at the correct moment.

Hah. Noob. It comes easy to me, as a Chinese it's my family secret
>>
>>9242630
I am.
>>
>>9242650
sounds good

does pepsi zero work
>>
>>9242926
>does pepsi zero work

Of course not. You need actual sugar in order for it to reduce to a glaze. Diet soda won't work because it doesn't contain any sugar. you need the normal stuff that contains either sugar or HFCS.
>>
>>9242677
>wall-a
Fucking idiot
>>
>>9243001
who pissed in your cereal today anon?
>>
>>9242935
Ok thanks for the insight.
>>
>>9242620
you can put it in cherry pie and reduce it to make a cherry pepsi pie
>>
>>9243478
that sounds good I should do it sometime
>>
>>9242620
Pepsi is shit. Dr Pepper is king
>>
>>9243545
Dr. Pepper is great in it's own way. Wouldn't call it a cola, in terms of Coke vs Pepsi the latter comes out on top
>>
>>9242926
this fucking guy
>>
>>9242620
you can drink it (not recommended)
>>
>>9242620
drain cleaner

you can also use it to make bombs
>>
>>9242620
I've had rice cooked in Coca-Cola so I would assume that Pepsi would work just as well.
>>
>>9242620
Boild some hotogs in a pot full of pepsi.
Pepsi dogs! My gammy used to make them for memall the time, and now I make them for my grandchildren.
>>
>>9242620
mix with apple jelly and cook a ham in it
>>
File: cc.jpg (555KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
555KB, 3000x1688px
>>9242620
Not meming here, for those of you legitimately wondering about using soda as an ingredient.

You can substitute recipes that use molasses or similar sweeteners (maple syrup, honey, caramel) with straight up coca cola. I assume you can probably do the same with pepsi as well.

You probably need to be smart about it because you'll get that distinctive pepsi taste. Wouldn't want to go about making a cake with it, unless that's your thing. Stuff like ice cream or chicken sauce would be ideal though.
>>
>>9244434
this

my grandma used to cook this shrimp recipe and it had sprite in it
>>
>>9242620
Just look up coke recipes, there's more for it because of southernfags. use pepsi instead of the coke and be sure to post in the recipe comments that you "subbed pepsi and hubby loved it!" to piss off southerners
>>
>>9244434
my mom makes coca cola boiled chicken
she puts soy sauce and star anise in it
>>
File: file.png (167KB, 238x320px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
167KB, 238x320px
>>9244475
Sprite, 7up, Mist, just about any zesty soda is also used to make fucking amazing biscuits as well.
>>
File: TJffDQ5.png (914KB, 836x782px) Image search: [Google]
TJffDQ5.png
914KB, 836x782px
This
No I don't know why
>>
>>9242620
You can soak tough meat in it to soften it up a bit.
>>
>>9242691
>>9242630
Please don't hate all of us because a high percentage of shills and idiots are from the US!
>>
>>9243001
being this new
>>
I wonder if one could make Pepsi jelly with gelatine, or Pepsi pudding with cornstarch?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.