[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Cook Shark?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: dogfish.jpg (139KB, 601x399px) Image search: [Google]
dogfish.jpg
139KB, 601x399px
So I caught a few Atlantic Dogfish and I wanted to know what you guys think the best way to cook it is. Should I treat it like any other white meat fish? Any tips specific to preparing shark as opposed to bony fish?

Thanks in advance /ck/
>>
>>9240722
Isn't this what they use for fish n chips in England and why it's so good?
>>
>>9240722
"pan de cazon"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_de_caz%C3%B3n
>>
>>9240722
Let it sit in milk overnight then bread it and fry in a pan
>>
>>9240729
We use it in australia as well and it's called flake.
Honestly it's a pretty garbage tasting fish since it's so mild but it's very easy to fry without fucking it up and people like the texture.
>>
>>9240722
Kill and bleed immediately, blood is full of ammonia and will taste nasty.
Some people freeze first then defrost overnight on a tray to drain and maximise removal of residual ammonia.

Sharks aint sharks, some are delicious most are garbage, never had dogfish but my standard for shark is beer batter with chips, deep fry in beef tallow.
>>
>>9240722
I remember they catch and cook that in an episode of bizarre foods.

>>9241151
Ammonia varies a lot by type, bigger ones tend to have it worse. From what I've heard dogfish isn't that bad but bleeding it and resting it in ice water helps with just about anything especially if you catch it fresh.
>>
>>9241151
>Sharks ain't sharks
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9242306
That's the ammonia isn't it?
>>
>>9242306
Yeh its technically urea (comprises ammonia compounds) and gives that ammonia/piss smell.

In australia gummy sharks, school sharks and some whalers are all good eating IMO, gummy is suprisingly sweet when treated correctly and is very simmilar to a normal fish.

I have eaten sharks from 4kg to 50kg, i have let the bigger ones go, heavy metals as much as urea concern me, and the constant for good flesh has been to bleed IMMEDIATELY, as soon as you have that thing out of the water decapitate it, let the blood pump out and gut it, wash it in salty water and remove the blood line down the spine and put on ice.
>>
File: nyotaimori.jpg (247KB, 1320x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nyotaimori.jpg
247KB, 1320x1500px
Deep fry for 3 minutes and just about anything's cooked.
>>
>>9240722
why are you eating baby sharks? dogfish is another name for a baby shark, how do you not know this CK. this is illegal.
>>
File: range.png (959KB, 1080x1325px) Image search: [Google]
range.png
959KB, 1080x1325px
Shark is a pretty versatile meat; it can be cooked in just about any fashion.
>>
>>9245334
>how do you not know this CK. this is illegal.
What are you going to do? Arrest me for not knowing it's a baby shark?
>>
Avoid eating this fish regularly as they're commonly filled with mercury due to their position on the food chain and their longevity
>>
>>9240722
Such fish
Very fin
Wow
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.