[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gluten is poison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: download.png (17KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
17KB, 235x215px
It has addictive properties similar to nicotine. If everyone with seizures stopped taking gluten right now, health care costs in the US would drop by $35 million.

The human body was not made to digest gluten (or meat for that matter), and doing so causes the body to experience severe trauma and stress. Every time you eat toast, you are teaching your body to fear itself.

Gluten is pushed by everyone from big corporations to rightist presidential administrations. Do not fall for the scam. Look for the gluten free mark. It could save your life.

Teach the controversy.
>>
>>9240573
Go away faggot
>>
>>
>>9241305
That captain looks like a poz leather daddy I know
>>
>>9240573
I avoid gluten, but gluten free diets are strictly for hysterical women.

It's not good, but it's not poison, either.
>>
>>9240573
>health care costs in the US would drop by $35 million.
you know thats fuck all right?
>>
i'm a vegan who eats seitan weekly
am i fucked?
>>
>>9241328
>It's not good
it's just protein from seeds. saying gluten isn't good because some people are allergic is like saying nobody should have lactose because some people can't digest it.

i know this is a troll thread but you also absorb more protein from meat than you do from plants, even if they both have the same amount. we're meant to eat meat but not in the quantities that some people do while avoiding unprocessed plant foods to go along with them.
>>
>>9241345
I lived in Asia for a year with no bread, and when I returned I started getting a puffy throat from eating bread or crackers. Never had that reaction before that, which means that I had developed some kind of tolerance to it, then lost that tolerance.

I think gluten sensitivity is more common than people realise, and eating something that requires tolerance from the body doesn't sound optimal to me. At the same time, if you can develop a tolerance, it probably isn't total poison. So I just avoid it.
>>
>>9241387
Yeah I used to laugh at the gluten free fad but then I noticed after going for a few months without eating any wheat heavy stuff that I feel terrible after I eat a lot of wheat pasta or wheat bread, and I don't get that feeling after eating a lot of rice stuff

I still eat wheat stuff semi-regularly because I love the taste, but, much like meat, I harbor no illusions that it's somehow "good" or "natural" or whatever it is the armchair reddit scientists tell themselves to rationalize eating for pleasure with pseudoscientific claptrap

If you like the taste that should be enough, enjoy in moderation, that's all
>>
>>9240573
[citation needed]
>>
>>9241387
I should mention that my ancestors mostly ate oats and later potatoes rather than bread or pasta. In effect, they ate an almost gluten free diet, with the exception of beer.
>>
>>9241387
>>9241398
It's possible that you are just one of those people who are allergic to it though, which still means it's not bad for everyone else. I stopped eating gluten for a while when trying to figure out a skin issue and noticed no change when stopping or starting to eat it again.

Potatoes make my hands itchy if I cut up raw ones, and they irritate my mouth when cooked. That doesn't mean they're bad for everyone though, just bad for me.

Gluten is just wheat protein, some people react negatively to it, some don't and there's nothing wrong with the ones who don't eating it.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 285x177px
>>9241387

The noodles made from the same base ingredients as bread were TOTALLY OKAY though.
>>
>>9241395
>call other people armchair reddit scientists because you do the same thing but hold the opposite opinion
>>
>>9241387
Thats because you don't know what youre talking about. Allergies are not a sign something is bad. The extent to which you can get over an allergily resolves the issue there.

Allergies by definition are to things that aren't inherently bad or dangerous. People are allergic to trees and cats. So this is the power of the true red.dit scientists who know better than the masses and fuckin lovvve science...
>>
>>9241445

An allergy is a dysfunctional immune system response to foreign and harmless matter entering your body. Anti-survivalist in essence.
>>
>>9241445
I browse reddit sometimes and for the most part they usually make fun of people who think gluten is poison or that having an immune system means you don't need a vaccine. They go overboard by taking sensationalized science headlines at face value sometimes but for the most part have an okay grasp on things like gluten.
>>
>>9241305
jelly?
>>
>>9241445
If something causes an immune response, that means it causes an inflammatory response.

Maybe the body's just fucking up, but it's doing it automatically, and we have to deal with it as it is. Inflammation is basically the worst shit. It makes people age more quickly, think more slowly, and have worse health overall. If something causes inflammation, you need to avoid it like the plague.
>>
>>9241495

90% of dust is dead skin cells.
Many people are allergic to dust.
All people have skin.

Understand why it's a weakness?
>>
>>9241501
>>9241501
Are you saying that I am morally obliged to eat things that I am allergic to, so that I can enjoy the benefits of inflammation and the good opinion of some jackoff on the internet?
>>
Lol who cares
Go fuck yourself op
Im having a good mcdonalds now!
>>
File: IMG_0494.jpg (83KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0494.jpg
83KB, 500x321px
>>9240573
>or meat for that matter

poor bait
>>
>tfw whenever I have anything with gluten in it I get stomach cramps

Am I fucked?
>>
>>9241639
ur alrdy ded
>>
>>9241707
nani
>>
>>9241387
It's the only possible explanation. Nothing else could possibly explain that reaction at all. Fucking brainlet cattle
>>
>>9241738
Since you say that there are many other possible explanations, would you like to post one of them?

Or do you just want to stay in your sarcastic fetal position?
>>
>>9241505

I'm saying that as a person with allergies you're not meant long for this world. The only option you have is swan diving off the nearest overpass into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>9241792
You have no other explanations. This suggests that you were complaining out of a passive-aggressive desire to relieve your own frustration about some unrelated matter. You continue to complain about new subjects, irrespective of previous replies; I wonder if you would just keep complaining even if you were locked in a room alone with no-one to talk to. Might I recommend self-harm as an alternative to disrupting public discourse?
>>
File: 23158392405_d3e3b60cb8_o.jpg (536KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
23158392405_d3e3b60cb8_o.jpg
536KB, 2048x1365px
>>9241812

>n-no y-y-you kill y-yourself

:^)
>>
>>9241820
Speaking of curling up into a sarcastic fetal position and contemplating self-harm, how do you feel about the new president?
>>
>>9241830
And for the record, I was advising you to cut yourself to relieve stress, not kill yourself. I am a generous and humane man.
>>
>>9240573
Explain your toast fear?
>>
>>9241839
Not the OP, but bread irritates my throat. It's similar to the feeling you get before a cold.

As I said, my ancestors ate oats and later potatoes. We weren't eating bread on a regular basis until the 1950s, so there was no selection towards gluten-tolerance.

Despite this, not being able to enjoy eating a PB&J does not constitute an extinction event, as certain shy, introverted, and very angry Hilldawgs believe.
>>
>>9241872
Still sounds like you're saying since you have a gluten intolerance that nobody should have it.
>>
>>9241872
I still don't get it. Why does eating toast teach my body to fear itself? Because of allergies?
>>
>>9241877
I have never said that. I do think it's worth experimenting with if you're of Northern European ancestry. Italians are probably in the clear.

Gluten sensitivity (the amount of inflammatory response to gluten) is a matter of degree. Some are moderately sensitive, some extremely, possibly some not at all, but then again, wheat has only been eaten for a few thousand years.

Gluten intolerance is probably as common as lactose intolerance. Having said that, my ancestors were among those who first domesticated the cow, so I am very much in the clear as far as dairy goes. That doesn't mean I'm opposed to people experimenting with non-dairy diets.
>>
>>9240573
Buy organic sprouted grain breads. Half the problem is the amount of fucking Roundup (glyphosate) sprayed on all the grains. I do believe some have a gluten intolerance. I also believe it has to do with the amount of pesticides and herbicides sprayed on everything. Interestingly enough you don't see the problem happening in the EU as much since Roundup is not sprayed in the excess that it isn't happening in the US. There are many more gut issues here in the US related to food.
>>
>>9241893
Oh, I think I understand now. You are pretending to be illiterate so that I will explain things to you.

When I explain things to you, I lose, somehow. Whoops! You got me!
>>
I eat bananas and then I get a strange irritation in my throat that feels like a a minor burning itch.

It's not an allergic reaction, it's just the way the compounds in the banana affect the lining in my mouth, like drinking soda kinda burns when you drink it.
>>
>>9241906
No I must be illiterate. Why would my body fear itself because of what I choose to eat?
>>
>>9242037
Because you chose poorly
>>
>>9240573
I've been eating homemade whole wheat unsalted bread with my oil-free walnut hummus and it seems to make my poops pretty good. I put 400 grams liquefied banana in my bread today because I got a bunch of discounted uglies yesterday and my freezer is getting full after a trip to Costo where I got three bags of different frozen berries: mixed berried, triple cherry, blueberries, and I already have a some frozen bananas and Brussels sprouts in there, with a few other things, including a large block of ice to make it cool faster.
>>
>>9241432
Have any recent pics of Lilly?
>>
I wish all the glutards would be thrown into the wheat fields until they rotted
>>
>>9241902
Organic crops have more arsenic from the chicken poop they're fertilized with. Arsenic is deliberately added to chicken feed.
>>
>>9241432
I'd straight-marry Lana Wachowski.
>>
>>9241830
>>9241837
reddit
>>
>>9243058
Sure factory farmed garbage chickenfeed, not organic chickens. You get a shitload more arsenic from rice grown in america anyway, numbnuts. Now that's a health hazard.
>>
>>9243058
>arsenic in chicken feed

"As of Dec. 31, 2015, the FDA withdrew approval for all applications of nitarsone (or Histostat), an arsenic-containing drug used in animal feed, that’s been linked to arsenic contamination in chicken meat. Nitarsone was the last remaining arsenic-based drug for use in animal feed on the U.S. market."

http://www.natural.news/2016-01-21-after-contaminating-u-s-chicken-with-arsenic-for-more-than-65-years-fda-finally-phases-out-last-arsenic-based-drug-used-in-animal-feed.html
>>
>>9243212

reddit spacing

>natural news

reddit spacing

Have a cromulent source?
>>
>>9243212
>naturalnews

>>9243230
Dank forced meme which ironically enough outs you as an immigrant.
>>
>>9243230
>>9243329
Idiots. This article is reporting a publicly documented action by the FDA that eliminates arsenic in chickenfeed. If anything, environmental magazines would overplay the use of poisons, not underplay. Your retardation has reached heights only known at the very pinnacle of our government.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 220x300px
>>9243329
>a meme can be forced
Retard.
>>
So how do allergies mean something is bad again?
>>
>Gluten Free food
>Not Tasting like cardboard
>>
>>9243681
You don't know what gluten is.
>>
>>9241830

Is Trump made of gluten?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.