[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /ck/ seem to hate Filipino food?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

I won't say it's better than Thai or Japanese, but calling it shit or the worst asian cuisine is going too fucking far.
>>
Because /ck/ is full of fat virgins who only could get pussy by dating some poor flip slut over the internet
When they eventually got rejected or all their NEETbux stolen, they end up hating anything from Philippines. Same can be said about their opinion on Thai food and Vietnamese food too
>>
>>9239161
Regional Asian cuisine better than flip food (besides Jap/Thai)

- Malaysian
- Indonesian
- Taiwanese
- Chinese
- Korean
- Vietnamese
- Burmese
- Singaporean

Since I've never had Brunei, or E Timorese food perhaps your cuisine is better but it's looking like it's low bottom tier
>>
I think most most Filipinos haven't learned to present their food in an appetizing manner. I have seen plenty of examples of well presented dishes of them like your OP pic, but sometimes, it looks like a greasy mess with no vegetables whatsoever. And that's not always preferable for some food enthusiasts.

Also cu/ck/s only experience of Filipino food is probably through their coworker's lunch who can't cook for shit.
>>
>>9239173
Now THIS is projecting
>>
It's too powerful for races that aren't the most powerful in the world.
>>
just because they are asian doen't make them any less hispanic, and for that they are trash
>>
File: 1501347494663.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501347494663.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>9239173
>>
>>9239187
>Malay/Indon/Singa
>Vietnamese
>Korean

lol no
Deep fried pork fat is not the only Flip dish. They got a crapton of comparable dishes
Only superior cuisines of Asia is Japanese, Chinese and Thai. Everything else is comparable. Except for Mongolian. That's bottom of the barrel
>>
>>9239199
Chink detected
>>
>>9239199
tell me how noodles, spring rolls, rice, soy sauce, sesame and coconut milk is any spic related
>>
>>9239204
You lost me when you said Malay food was not superior, as it is in every single way to Flip food.

Rendang on a banana leaf w/roti is like, miles ahead of adobo, which is just a Portuguese ripoff and Sarsiado is kind of gross pile of egg and tomato gloop. Give us some good Flip dishes if you have some
>>
The food itself is great if cooked in a sensible manner

The problem is 70% of the cooks who know nothing about using sensible amounts of soy sauce and pork fat in the dishes, and the carinderia culture that makes the dishes look unappetizing. Go to a decent Filipino restaurant in Manila or any other major city and you'll have yourself a great dining experience
>>
lumpia are just eggrolls
adobo is just mediocre. would rather have japanese style braised pork belly than filipino.
lechon kawali is just crispy fried pork and isn't anything exciting.

the three most famous and hyped about filipino food are fucking boring and brown.
>>
>>9239228
>Rendang
That's an Indonesian dish though
>>
>>9239187
>besides thai
>lists Thaiwanese
>>
>hey, want some starchy coconut milk mush steamed inside a leaf?
>THANKS, THAT ENTIRE REGION OF THE WORLD!
>>
>>9239228
>adobo, which is just a Portuguese ripoff
Well memed. Little do you know that the Flip dish predates Spanish colonialism and only got the name because of its similar looks
The fact that you compare remdang to adobo proves how much of a pleb you are
>Give us some good Flip dishes if you have some
Any sinigang, kalderera, laing, kinilaw, inasal, satti, any ginataan, cebu lechon, sisig, tokwa't baboy, bicol express, pinakbet, beef salpicao(not sasuage), kare kare, most of their seafood in general which is quite unfounded
>>
>>9239237
>adobo is just mediocre. would rather have japanese style braised pork belly than filipino.
Tried Humba?
>lechon kawali is just crispy fried pork and isn't anything exciting.
That's why you go for a whole grilled pig lechon instead you dumb shit. Lechon is the famous dish. Lechon kawali is just some tiny shit few care about
>>
>>9239280
You forgot boodle fight you sick fuck

>>9239308
>humba
Thanks based Flip. One of my favorite dishes
>>
>>9239228
Only Malaysian is true for being superior
Everything else is the same. Vietnamese got the advantage of using alot of herbs but other than that it's more or less the same. Korean is quite bland in terms of how varied their dishes are and their seafood is shit. Some of it is even a slimy mess. Only reason why it seems like the top tier is because koreaweebs are becoming a thing
>>
I dunno. Most of it tastes fine to me. And I'm not that much into asian food to begin with
>>
>>9239194
Flip here. What the food lacks in looks makes up for in that homecooked meal by your mom element. Just not the same with American food even though my parents would cook that well too.
>>
>>9240947
>not the same with American food
I'm guessing you didn't have down home southern cooking
>>
>>9239228
Pancit canton with chinese sausage in the mix. I'd eat that shit for days. Batchoy is also good (La Paz Batchoy noodles by Lucky Me! are the best instanoodles I've ever had for the price.) Lumpia and Halo Halo with taro ice cream are some good desserts.
>>
>>9239161
>looking at this thread from catalog
>is that a fucking dog?
>is this guy serious?
>>
File: hotel menu.jpg (162KB, 853x1177px) Image search: [Google]
hotel menu.jpg
162KB, 853x1177px
This is the room service menu from my hotel.

Supermarkets have entire aisles filled with mayonnaise. They have a Spam and Spam-knockoff aisle. They have a condensed milk aisle. The butcher's sections have ordinary meats, but they also have maybe a dozen trays of hotdogs exposed to the air.

The most typical Philipino meal is probably white rice with a side of fried chicken or pork belly, and maybe some garlic seasoning. Poverty doesn't explain it. Even Indian peasants do better.
But I should emphasise that you can't imagine how poor the average Philipino is, despite living in a functional society. What doesn't make sense to me is how poorly they use their own abundant resources.

They grow coffee here, but it is extremely rare to see coffee beans for sale. 95% of the coffee sold is instant, pre-mixed with sugar and a substance known as creamer.

Coconut trees are as common as sycamores, but a bottle of extra virgin coconut oil costs something like a day's wages for the average local. The locals use vegetable oil instead, for the most part.
>>
IN BEFORE FLIP CARBONARA
>>
>>9239161
because it's fucking trash. filipinos can't cook for shit.
>>
>>9239161
>half flip still hearing the wowowee blaring in the background

>Calling it hispanic
Partially true. Arroz a la cubana and mechado are obviously spanish dishes adapted to the cuisine. Adobo is not -- everyone in the senpai had a different recipe but the base is rice vinegar and soy sauce. (1:2 ratio, braise then bake was my grandparents' recipe)

>Presentation?
It doesn't all look great and it seems like everything is designed to be made in bulk. the barbecue for instance always seemed to look burned even if it wasn't. Pancit and lumpia have a little more care put into presentation.

>strong flavors
A few dishes tend towards sour which probably puts off some people - Sinigang for one. Bagoong and Patis show up too - these are both byproducts of shrimp fermenting and smell awful, taste better than they smell.

>the meme eggs
I don't eat those. Mum always talked about how she got a crunchy embryo egg where the beak had already formed.

As with anything it also depends on who's cooking; definitely there's a lot that can go wrong.
>>
>>9239161
fuck that mexican chink shit, chow mein and bbq pork or bust
>>
>>9241012
>coffee
>coconuts
Because they export that stuff to make money for the business owners and landowners. Poor people in those countries would face mafia style resistance if they tried to keep those things for themselves
>>
>>9241012
>The most typical Philipino meal is probably white rice with a side of fried chicken or pork belly, and maybe some garlic seasoning.
The fact that you think this the most typical only shows how uneducated you are on their food. Using a small hotel's silog menu doesn't prove anything

>Supermarkets have entire aisles filled with mayonnaise.
Never been to Japan or China
>They have a Spam and Spam-knockoff aisle.
Never been to China
>They have a condensed milk aisle.
Never been to Japan or Vietnam
>>
>>9241012
>philipino
This nigga be dumb as shit, entire post is invalidated
>>
The only foods in asia worth a hot damn are:
1. Japan
2. China (when not boiled in leftover motor oil and rotting dog fetus)
3. Thai

everything else is irredeemable garbage
t. lives in SoCal near asian immigrants
>>
>>9241000
It's a pig you retard
>>
>>9241052
>japan has ailes of condensed milk and mayo
confirmed for never being to japan. mayo is a fucking meme and is used more sparingly than ketchup in the USA
weeaboos need to be round up and thrown in the fucking gas chambers
t. 富山県に住んだ
>>
File: IMG_2910.jpg (134KB, 1200x919px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2910.jpg
134KB, 1200x919px
>>9241023
You can get presentable results with Filipino food
It's just that it's a rare sight as its culture rather focuses on just eating the platter ASAP to not starve to death
>>
>>9241062
Then don't say there are aisles of condensed milk and mayo in flipland then my nipfag. This is actually the first time I've heard anyone talk about mayonnaise in Philippines
>>
>>9240957
>insta noodles
>not eating the real thing
>>
>>9241039
...Export coffee beans to sell them back to themselves in ground form?

They do eat fresh coconuts regularly. It's common to see a man with a cart full of coconuts and a machete who sets up shop on a street corner for a few hours and goes.

In other words, anyone could set up a coconut oil extracting business with almost no effort. I doubt it requires advanced machinery. But it hasn't happened.

>>9241052
Most cheap restaurants offer meat with some seasoning and a pat of white rice, maybe also with some seasoning. The closest to a consistent vegetable portion (similar to a portion of peas, spinach, broccoli, etc.) I've seen is pickled papaya and maybe pechay (bok choy.)

My impression is that vegetables are seen as an optional extra if they're not an integral part of the meat sauce (e.g. garlic, onion, peppers.)
>>
>>9239161
it's probably better than mongolian and a few of the -stans, but it's really, REALLY low on the tier.

t. grew up in a flip neighborhood. next block over is manila ave.
>>
>>9241073
>dont bully my third world rape-baby of a slave country
lmao
>>
File: IMG_2913.jpg (97KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2913.jpg
97KB, 450x300px
>>9241109
What you call "meat with rice" is called -silog. It also features a fried egg. It's a common Filipino breakfast but it's far from the most common type of food. Carinderia style stalls are the most common cheap restaurant(which most Flips consider just subpar)which features a variety of precooked stews
I don't even want to consider those as restaurants
>>9241121
>'mah US neighborhood full of Flips who only cook spaghetti is da proof I have 100% experience from it"
Should try their seafood
>>
>>9241147
>Should try their seafood
i have. this is a coastal state. the seafood is about the only thing keeping it from being worse than the random alphabet stan countries of the world. as a general rule of thumb, flips absolutely adore all of their food to be either
sweet, salty or both. it's a fairly boring, repetitive cuisine. worth it once in a while, but if i had to eat it daily, i'd want to crucify myself, too
>>
>>9241197
>sweet, salty or both
Yup you have tried nothing but some shitty cooked adobo and spaghetti. Congrats anon for winning the faggot of the year award
>>
>>9241197
Chill nigga. Try sinigang or kaldereta
>>
>>9241270
I don't want to get involved in this shit flinging contest, but for what it's worth, flips in the 20th century, much like chinks in the 19th, got used to adapting to very limited local foods, to the point where flip food abroad is basically its own separate thing now.

Sinigang for instance is often made with a mix, or if not, then with heinz vinegar or packaged lemon juice. It can be quite terrible, but flips who washed up on Long Beach in 1975 didn't exactly have access to fresh tamarind

The newer generations of flip immigrants aren't like this, but the ones who have been here for a while, anything they eat is basically like what a TESOL neckbeard in rural Japan might make himself on July 4th out of local 7-11 ingredients.
>>
>>9239161

Balut kinda ruined the image of Filipino cooking.
>>
>>9241216
How DARE you not like the most powerful food in the world!
>>
>>9241062

shut up weeb.
>>
>>9239243
>doesn't know the difference between Thailand and Taiwan
>>
>>9241285
>or if not, then with heinz vinegar or packaged lemon juice.
Ew what the fuck, how can you call it sinigang without tamarin?
Either way gotta agree with you, before flips usually lacked the ingredients to properly make their food. I remember seeing some video of a Filipino restaurant in the US serving "sisig" but it was basically just pork chops marinated in some random soy sauce mix and mixed with mayo on a hot plate. That's quite different from the real deal.

it's also because most flips adapt to the western country's cuisine that made them differ from Vietnamese and Chinese immigrants. Same can be said about other westernized asians like Japanese and Koreans. Only difference is that Japan became a prominent cultural hub in the 80's, therefore making their cuisine popular in the west, and the same applies to Korea recently. Filipino food is already gaining some traction in London and New York. Some famous chef assumes it will become a hit similar to Vietnamese food in a few years
>>
>>9241585
It's bait
>>
putanginamo bobo
>>
>>9241730
Mid ako ulol ka
>>
>>9240955
He's not American.
>>
File: IMG_2676.jpg (127KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2676.jpg
127KB, 640x898px
Don't they have some liver specialities if you know what I mean?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.