[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ck/, I have moved to a new apartment recently. After taking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tiny_kitchen.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tiny_kitchen.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Hey /ck/,

I have moved to a new apartment recently. After taking care of the usual moving stuff, I have turned my gaze upon the kitchenette. It is tiny - and I mean tiny. I cannot even fit in a proper stove, all I've got is a sink, a small fridge, a microwave and a hot plate I can barely boil water on. What kitchen equipment/apparatus would you recommend for me to buy so I can cook a decent meal? Installing a stove is not an option unfortunately.
>>
I have a plastic "steamer" which I use to microwave steam veggies. It's actually super useful. I cook brocolli from frozen in 5 minutes. That's 50% of any meal I make. From time to time I try a /ck/ recipe, otherwise I just Bung some tomatoes, seasoning and pasta or rice together with veggies for a meal.

Alternatively get a slow cooker. I love coming home, chucking some dumplings into a stew I made that morning.
>>
>>9238445
>slow cooker
Noted. Anything else?
>>
I got a black and decker toaster oven for when I do need to bake. I also store it. Good for reheating or making a small thing of mac and cheese/cookies/ect.

They sell small enough pans on Amazon or at walmart.
>>
A portable gas stove and carbon monoxide detector
>>
>>9238617
A toaster oven sounds nice, added to the list.
>>9238627
And an eviction notice on the side most likely. But thanks for the tip, probably this would be the best in my situation.

Anyway, please go on.
>>
So here's what you're essentially saying, OP. You just turned your gaze upon the kitchen. It's small. Tiny, some might say. No room for a stove. You're wondering what kitchen equipment or apparatus we'd recommend for you to buy. And your goal is to be able to cook a decent meal.
>>
>>9238420
Get a high power professional induction hot plate. It'll set you back a few hundred euros. If pic is related and you're Swedish/Scandi then the 230 V/13 A Euro standard power grid is more than adequate for cooking. Unlike the US, where the 'electric bare gets warm' meme comes from.
I could give hints on where to get one.
>>9238582
Don't. A pressure cooker can do anything a slow cooker can and more, but in less time.
>>9238668
Toaster ovens are fine. There are versions with one or two low power hotplates on top that can serve as extra plates for sauces and simmering when cooking whole meals.
>>
>>9238683
Correct. I'm not speaking of Michelin-star stuff but a stake with some potatoes would be nice from time to time.
>>
>>9238702
I'm confused. The stake will be used as a utensil, or?
>>
>>9238714
>>9238702
steak* damnit
>>
>>9238716
Ah, that makes sense. What I like to do is fry the potatoes in the steak infused oil. Fry it as you would whilst boiling your potatoes, as you take it out to rest dry off the potatoes and throw them into the hot pan. They won't need long to crisp up.
>>
Get a rice maker
You can cook a whole lot of things on it other than rice
>>
>>9238420
An induction stove thing.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.