[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swordfish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: category_70_6160.jpg (167KB, 510x395px) Image search: [Google]
category_70_6160.jpg
167KB, 510x395px
I've got three swordfish steaks that I don't know what to do with. The last time I had them I pan roasted and put seasoned butter on top. Does /ck/ have any good ideas on what I should do with them this time?
>>
>>9229831
Never had swordfish so I'm no use to you.

How fishy is it?
>>
>>9229831
enjoy your

W O R M S
O
R
M
S
>>
>>9229831
swordfish is often:
blackened
grilled over smoky coals like a steak
grilled in a pan with a pan sauce

Good swordsteak is getting to the pricey end of seafood, for the line caught game fishing rarity and aspect of it all, but often people do find it fishy tasting flesh, so hit it with that blackened seasoning. If you are limited in what you can do, keep pan roasting it or light your grill. It stands up well on shisk ke bob skewers too.
>>
My mom used to bread and deep fry it. It wasn't too exciting, but it was better than your standard cod.
>>
>>9229831
coconut fish stew
>>
Translating from DemiDurka IE Maltese:

Swordfish, 800g (about 28oz)
Salt, as needed
Oil, as needed (don't judge me, but I use a spray; more on why later)

For the baptism (like a marinade, but for after something is cooked):
Half a lemon
Olive oil, 50ml (about a quarter cup US)
Garlic, 15g
Parsley, sweet type, a handful or two of fresh leaves
Pepper, freshly crushed, if/as desired
Traditional, but I don't put any of them: basil, oregano and thyme, a handful of fresh leaves each
>i just up the parsley by another handful or two

Cut the fish into steaks or cubes. Your choice.
Salt to taste and drizzle with cooking oil. I just spray them, as I feel I can be more certain of relatively even coating.
If using cubes of fish, thread on skewers.
Cook as desired. Over coals or open flame is nice, but in a pan or under the grill are fine, too; meanwhile, grate the lemon of its zest.
Juice the lemon and put it and the zest and the other baptism ingredients into a blender and blitz smooth; salt to taste if/as necessary.
Place the baptism into a zip bag.
Place slightly undercooked fish into the bag (carryover will finish it) and squeeze as much air out as you can. If you used skewers, take care not to puncture the bag.
Allow the fish to rest 5-10 minutes while you clean up.
Serve the fish. Goes nicely with simple green salad, some bread and a glass of wine or beer.
If you wanna be all fancy and shit, you can plate the fish with slices of lemon and sprigs of parsley all artsy or something.
>>
>>9229867
Blackened is almost always my favorite way to cook most salt water fish. I only diverge from it if i get tired of it.

Definitely recommend op
>>
File: Picture 104.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Picture 104.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>9229831
grilled swordfish is the only answer

when you bring it inside throw a slab of butter and some lemon juice and let it melt all over
>>
>>9230199
>grilled swordfish is the only answer
Agreed. I pair it with a salsa made from mango, avocado, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest. Serve atop some rice or couscous.
>>
File: 1457925761278.jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
1457925761278.jpg
6KB, 276x183px
>>9229831
Enjoy your mercury poisoning.
>>
>>9229847
Not very, tastes like fresh tunas and other predator fish. It's very firm though, almost like a porkchop
>>
File: 1440533304350.jpg (67KB, 957x617px) Image search: [Google]
1440533304350.jpg
67KB, 957x617px
OP here. Didn't have any charcoal in the house so I went with a blackened seasoning and it's damn good. Thanks /ck/

>>9230538
Nice try, but I drive a Ford
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.