[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meatloaf Bread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 026 virginia meatloaf.jpg (140KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
026 virginia meatloaf.jpg
140KB, 620x465px
Just popped two meatloaves into the oven, one standard and one Philly cheese style (sauteed peppers and onion with provolone cheese on top and in the middle). What's another good twist on meatloaf? How do you make it? Breadcrumbs, crackers, or oats? Lately oats have been my go-to.
>>
File: meatloaf.jpg (185KB, 1201x810px) Image search: [Google]
meatloaf.jpg
185KB, 1201x810px
The absolute best meatloaf recipe that I've ever tried.

http://www.themeateater.com/2015/recipe-meatloaf/
>>
Are you a gravy or ketchup fag?
>>
My regular meatloaf is pretty much traditional:
3lb lean sirloin ground
1lb chopped mushrooms
2 stalks celery, 1 large red onion, 1/2 bell pepper, garlic
egg, fresh coarse breadcrumbs, splash of milk
salt, pepper, worchestershire, paprika
I form the thing into a oblong shape and top with chili sauce w/ brown sugar, or else I doctor up ketchup with the chili sauce ingredients, mustard powder, allspice, clove, horseradish, etc. It is my glaze, and it gets glazed up front, and again midway so it's nicely thick.

Sometimes I make my basic meatloaf mix, and separate it into 3 bowls, and then spice each one differently, making one asian with ginger, cabbage, carrot added and cover with hoisin, another one kind of swedish meatball style, and the last one traditional.
You can shape mini meatloves like patties on a cookie sheet and freeze for use later, or stuff into muffin or mini loaf tin and cook that way.
>>
>>9225521
Ketchup + brown sugar and just a taste of yellow mustard
>>
Pizza is a classic variation.
Pepperoni
pizza sauce instead of ketchup
A bit of mozz on top and mixed in
>>
I cheat when I make meatloaf. Instead of salt, I add beef stock powder.
So my meatloaf is 900g/2lbs of mince, 2 onions (wine-caramelised), beef stock powder and enough cornflour so that it holds together. Form into loaf on baking tray and bake. That's it for me.
>you add... cornflour?!
Yup. Was making meatballs for a gettogether once and one of the people attending has legit coeliac issues, so I swapped out the usual stale bread for cornflour. I was so pleased with the result that I tried cornflour in my meatloaf recipe in place of the bread and found I prefer it.

As for variations: nah. Just the classic, Euro-style meatloaf (other than the bread). Homemade mushroom gravy alongside as well as some mash and a few side veg.
>>
>>9225491
Why call it Philly cheese style? it's nothing like a cheesesteak... just call it a meatloaf with peppers and cheese.
>>
>>9225491
I am so jealous. I could go for some meatloaf now.
>>
Obligatory meatloaf the jack way!

J A C K A T T A C K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_QXBfnUjOM
>>
>>9225551
Sounds nasty desu senpai
>>
File: 1354962945144.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1354962945144.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>9225491
Shit like meatloaf made me vegan.
>>
>>9228176
No your wife's boyfriend made you so. Don't lie.
>>
>>9228873
I've been vegan since nine years old and I've never had a wife, only a bf.
>>
>>9225491
Philly cheese dtake meatloaf dounds interesting.
My meatloaf recipe can very expending on what ingredients i have on hand. But i always start with a 50/50 mix ground pork and grond beef and i toast whatever bread i have. I through the bread in the food processor with seasonings.
I make a glaze for the top that is mostly ketchup, molasses and tabasco.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.