[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

al/ck/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 35

File: IMG_0739.jpg (34KB, 746x511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0739.jpg
34KB, 746x511px
al/ck/ general
When was the last time you managed 24 hours clean? edition.
>>
>Stand up from chair
>Suddenly diarrhea just hits without any warning
>Barely make it to the toilet
>Clenching asscheeks and ass
>Narrowly made it to toilet
>Surprisingly underwear was fine but ass was completely covered in shit

Fuck, alcohol has rekt my stomach so hard
>>
File: Untitled-1 (5).png (103KB, 884x524px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 (5).png
103KB, 884x524px
>>9225143
Iktfb. The shits are a non trivial downside of being constantly poisoned
>>
File: IMG_0720.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0720.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
Heart goes out to the al/ck/s who have no one. The main thing that has kept me from drinking is being able to talk to my friends about it when I get the idea in my head to get drunk. That was the one useful idea I kept from my weird AA detour. Except when I was actually in AA I was afraid to do that because of the scrutiny those fuckheads put you under. My best bro keeps pics from my hospital trips to remind me of where it ends up without exception.
>>
>>9225143
Stop before you ruin your pancreas.
Dry for over a year, still carry clean underwear in my bag all the time, and will for the rest of my life.
>>
File: IMG_0631.jpg (24KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0631.jpg
24KB, 325x244px
>>9225262
Same. My entire large intestine is ruined by ulcerative colitis. Chances of cancer are substantial. Thanks alcohol.
>>
/r/ing more shit or health stories. This is the shit that keeps me from drinking myself into an early grave.
>>
>>9225196
>>9225143
i used to shit my britches about once a month or so while i was drinking, cause i had the shits real bad like almost all the time and would pee out my ass like 8 times a day, now that ive been sober abot 6 weeks sometimes i go a few days without shittin and my stomach starts hurtin and i feel the doodoo on the move and i go take a HUGE shit that makes your eyes water and that's like the highlight of your day cause your sober and you got jack shit going on lmao
>>
Is there any benefit to drinking 4 days a week then going sober for 3 days or am I still doing tons of damage to myself?

Between 6-10 high abv beers a day when I drink
>>
>>9225368
That's still considered binge drinking more than the recommended amounts so it's potentially damaging, though any amount of sobriety is good. Not positive about this but condensing your alcohol consumption into a few days instead of spreading it evenly over the week is supposed to be worse.
>>
>>9225368
It's better to have consistent low intake (3-4 beers daily), than high intake (8-10 beers) with sober days. some anon in the last 2 threads had decent sources for the reasons (something with glutamine release during detox,or so) couldn't be fucked with saving the links though, sry.
>>
>>9225368
Well I mean, obviously it's better than drinking 7 days a week...
But yes, 40 pints a week is what, 160 units? UK Govt guidelines say men should have a max of 14.
>>
File: costanza.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>9225398
>UK Govt guidelines
>>
>>9225397
It's called kindling, and it gives you brain damage
>>
>>9225121
man I swear drinking has killed all my gut fauna. Literally can't even remember the last time I took a shit and solid logs came out. This is how I found out Yuengling uses dye in their beers btw. I'd kill a half case of them and then literally shit the dye out.
>>
>>9225398
>Well I mean, obviously it's better than drinking 7 days a week...
It's not.
Withdrawals kindle your brain and fuck your brain up plus other things.
Drinking daily is infinitely better than going through withdrawals on your sober days
>>
>>9225469
Not 6-10 every day though, you could probably keep yourself in one piece with 2 on the off days
>>
Kind of read the previous literal shit posts about not shiitting right. That sucks. Just wanted to contribute, just drank 4 bottles ofwine and threw up everywhere. Had to clean the entire bathroom and take two showers. Happens all the time. Fuck my life.
>>
>>9225485
Can't remember the last time I threw up while drunk. Literally years ago, maybe even a decade. The moment I'm sober though? Holy shit, it just won't end. One sip of water and I'm dry heaving for 5 minutes.
I'm so scared of alcohol. I need to escape, but I seemingly just cannot
>>
Fuck I'm 20 and im an alcohol. Stomach is kind of fucked but not as bad as you guys are making it out to be. This thread has literally motivated me to stop drinking everyday, with the maybe exception of when I go to parties or hunting.
>>
>>9225121
I'm drinking quite a bit right now. I had three shots and am on my third drink (oliet pepsi with two shots each).
The VA fucked up my back with my most recent surgery. I was down to 3 drinks/night until then. Now it's closer to 8-10 drinks a night. Plus, I started smoking pot. They told me, today, that I need to drive 2 hours to Syracuse in the morning to talk to another fucking surgeon.
And I'm out of pot.
>>
>>9225448
It's either killed it because of the alcohol or bred unhealthy bacteria from the small amount of sugar leftover in the beer which can end up being a lot of sugar if you drink a lot of beer.

Try eating unsweetened yogurt/kefir and raw sauerkraut to put some good bacteria into your system. Any raw fermented foods/drinks will help.
>>
Any good mixed drinks with coffee?
>>
>>9225529
Baileys + iced coffee + dark beer of your choice + Kahlua if you like it (always tasted weird to me)

Bonus if it's a beer you enjoy because you wouldn't just waste the rest of it, would you?
>>
>>9225469
>withdrawals
does everyone go through withdrawals though or just alcoholics?
>>
>>9225565
If you're going through withdrawals, you're an alchy,
>>
>>9225529
Look up irish coffee
>>
>>9225565
Withdrawals are what happens to humans who are dependent on alcohol.
>does it only happen to alcoholics
Probably
>>
>>9225582
Where does one go from here? The withdrawals are bad and I don't even feel sick otherwise
>>
>>9225228
Anything helps. I currently have part of my ER discharge papers tacked to my bedroom wall
>>
>>9225515
Hope it works out man

But If you gotta use something use more pot than booze
>>
>>9225590
I drink to avoid withdrawals.
>>
You guys are disgusting. Get some help.
>>
>>9225613
That's what I'm doing now
>>
>>9225627
This thread is help, stoopid.
We're here getting it.
>>
>>9225582
>>9225589
Anon's advice was: it's worse to drink on and off because you constantly go through withdrawals

my point is that I don't go through any kind of withdrawals when I quit drinking, I can easily take a few days or weeks off. Or is there some kind of 'withdrawal' that happens regardless even if you don't notice anything
>>
>just got paid (midnight, 17 minutes ago)
>log into various accounts to make repayments
>00:17
>47 pounds remaining
Who needs food anyway. At least I'll have somewhere to live, electricity, and I have enough alcohol.
Alcohol lobbyists/business execs must be some rich motherfuckers.
>>
>>9225652
You'll notice something if you have an issue, I promise.
Don't get there
>>
>>9225667
>being alcoholic and poor at the same time

How does this even happen? I didn't become an alcoholic until after I was making six figures. I still don't even go to bars until I'm overseas or otherwise traveling, because bars are way too fucking expensive per drink.
>>
>>9225448
If your shit is orangy or yellowish, it's pancreatic damages.
See a gastroenterologist.

>>9225499
Good life choice, kid.

>>9225590
You tapper if you have bad withdrawals. If you can go a week without a drink, you're passed withdrawals. And now have PAWS.

>>9225652
There is no hidden withdrawals, but you definitively don't want to experience them. There isn't a precise line between non-drinker and raging alcoholic, you don't realise when you're getting addicted, it's a slow and sneaky thing, but once you realise you're addicted, it's hell.
Try taking a month dry, see how it goes.
>>
I'm pretty sure I'm being forced/bullied out of my job and it fucking sucks, where will I get booze money from
>>
Never posted here before. I drink most of the time. Went three years without a sober day once. Cut back to few days during the week. Four or five. Stopped drinking hard liquor after I assaulted my brother unprovoked. He was trying help me find a CD and apparantly I started swinging on him. He took it in his stride and restrained me and forgave me the next day. He knows what I'm like sadly. But I quit the hard stuff there and then. Beer now. Maybe forty or fifty a week. I try not to count them. But I'll buy at least 14-15 a night because my great fear is not being drunk enough and running out of drink. Fucked my own life up on this shit. Don't know why I'm writing this suppose I'm anonymous and it's easier. Lost my job and my friends over way I behave. Only person still has any time for me is my brother same guy I treated like shit more times than I can remember. Poor bastard knows there's fuck all helping me and still sticks around.

Sorry about the blog.
>>
>>9225726
idk, I just went hard on friday and saturday nights, definitely not drinking on saturday during the day, staying sober during the week but my hangovers just kept getting worse and worse over the years. i think i got kindled this way
>>
>>9225499
>with the maybe exception of when I go to parties or hunting.
das it mane, therein lies the well adjusted normie life
>>
>>9225755
No need to apologise m8 that's the type of shit this thread is for.

Your brother sounds top tier, imagine how happy you'd make him if you cleaned your act up.
>>
>>9225755
so you don't have a job anymore?
>>
>>9225726
I feel like I might die if I don't drink, the nights are bad
The fear is a big motivator
>>
>>9225726
Tapper like tappering down?
>>
>>9225677
They don't call getting fucked up the "poor man's vacation" for nothing. And alcohol is pretty much the cheapest drug of choice. You can get drunk and fantasize about being rich as fuck or whatever you want to be, and it seems real for a time.
>>
>>9225677
No its very possible.
Cheep wine for 6 bucks. A fith of cheep wisky for 15. Some people rather drink then eat.
Hell this old black lady comes in around 8am and buys a 32 oz Cobra for 1.59.
>>
>>9225811
Better taper lest you tapdance.
>>
>>9225833
English is not my first languauge, what are you saying?
>>
Drank about an 18 pack of beer a night give or take a tall boy or a 40oz on top of it all for 10+ years haven't had a drink since May 2 of this year it's been one hell of a roller coaster ride but I feel great
>>
>>9225843
You typed "tappering", which implies the verb "tap" rather than "taper".
>>
>>9225789
I know. Think he was proud I gave up the hard shit I was always an angry cunt on liquor. Quit it properly too no cheating and sneaking the odd one. Me and him grew up in pretty bad home and we only really had each other. He took it better than me I suppose. Really should try get sober.
>>9225803
Had few jobs in my life but showing up wasted tends to limit your career opportunities. As of now I'm doing security work the nights I'm able and getting neetbux.
>>
>>9225843
Sorry, I meant that it is better to taper down your drinking, or else you risk a seizure.
>>
I quit for 2 hours, I was determined, but I drove past that liquor mart and now I'm on the rye again. :(
>>
>>9225856
>>9225851
Thanks that's what I'll try
Thank you anons for sharing some wisdom
>>
>>9225121
I just did a month without. Now I'm back to 'moderate' drinking. Generally two or three drinks and not every day. One day I had five, but that's not really that bad either.

Anything under a sixpack of lager or its equivalent in liquor once in a while is something I'll allow myself.
>>
>>9225755
Well, you have a relatively easy plan here.
Count how many beers you drink on average. Don't cheat.
Then give yourself a set number of beer per day. Lower this number each day. In two weeks, you're sober and avoided withdrawals. Well, the dangerous part of withdrawals, it'll still suck.
From here, PAWS will make building back some sort of decent life hard, but it get better slowly.

>my great fear is not being drunk enough and running out of drink
Me too, and I can't into tapering. But I drank vodka, I never tried tapering with beer.
I detoxed with benzo, did inpatient and outpatient.

>>9225774
That's possible too.
Binging once a week and spreading out daily are both very bad in their own ways.
Binging monthly is probably safer.

>>9225804
Taper, or see a doctor to taper with benzo.
Don't go cold turkey.

>>9225811
Yes.
>>9225843
Are-are you me?
>>
>>9225854
Don't tell your brother that you're going to get sober. Do it and then show him that you can after you succeed.
>>
>>9225878
What do benzos actually do?

Can they help you if you're not actually tapering? I've been taking L-Theanine to help with the toxicity of alcohol, and I'm wondering if I can continue to drink, but supply other substances that mitigate damage to my brain.
>>
>>9225881
I wouldn't tell him anyway he would only worry and I'd be afraid if I failed him. Guy has been loyal to me and had my back even at his own expense for years. He deserves better. I want be better person the drink helps you forget about things though. Fucking self inflicted misery.
>>
I keep forgetting where I live, even while at home. I've lived here ten years, but often I simply cannot remember what my house looks like. Sometimes I can't remember what room I'm literally currently in. Wtf is that?? It happens mainly when I'm sobering up. I'm so fucking confused, this shit has been happening for months
>>
I was on a 4 days bender and just finished shaking it out of my system. I don't drink enough to have major WS symptoms but god the mental temptation to have some hair of the dog was unreal... felt so mentally shit for some reason. Hats off to the people here that have managed to climb off a real addiction
>>
>Get back from 3.2 mile run.
>Shower and crack open a 40 of king cobra.

Stupid reality shouldn't have made alcohol taste and feel this good. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: stein.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
stein.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
>>9225121
I've been clean since the US election. Woke up with my pants on inside out and zippered up somehow after a 4pack of old rasputin and no food all day.

I'll pick up the drink again once I get to Germany for Oktoberfest. But at this moment I have no plans to make it out there anytime soon.

pic related, the last pic i took before I woke up on my front room floor.
>>
>>9225908
Yeah, they're supposed to be pretty addictive, not intended for long term use.
They had me on them the last time I quit thanks to the hallucinations.

>>9225887
Sedative/hypnotic/anti-psychotic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzodiazepine

>>9225922
I feel ya. I have issues with memory before/after drinking, but they're even worse when I'm trying to quit.

>>9225936
Kek'd. I passed out at 8PM that night thinking Trump had lost.
Woke up the next morning to /pol/ going nuts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LQVPUfb8VM
>>
>>9225881
Or ask for his support, you'll need it. He won't be overly disappointed if you fuck up because he understand alcoholism, and I don't know if you'll be able to do it alone.

>>9225887
They replace alcohol in the brain where chronic withdrawals happens, or something like that.
It's very addictive, its withdrawals are as horrible as alcohol. And being addicted to both is just absurdly hard to stop.
So the idea is to suddenly switch from a 75cl bottle of vodka per day to 60mg of valium per day (I can't remember the dose they gave me), and lower it to 0 in a week. You shake a little bit but you don't have seizures.
Benzo can be used as an anxiolytic, but NOT on a regular basis, more for panic attacks than social anxiety for example.

>>9225895
Yup, it's fighting fire with fire.

>>9225922
PAWS. Brain fog I think it's called.
It goes away after a month or 3, finishes totally clearing up after that, according to what I read there.
>>
>people call me degenerate because dude weed lmao
>this whole thread
really makes me think
>>
>>9226012
t. rich american frat boy
>>
Really have the urge to drink right now why does it do this. Anyone got some good distractions? I usually exercise and vidya but I just got back from a run but it hasn't gotten any better.
>>
>>9226024
*leans in*

wrong
>>
>>9226012
i'm getting reacquainted with weed. feels better than drinking yourself to death desu.
>>
>>9226027
Cook a meal that takes a long time to prepare or take a long walk
>>
>>9226036
i feel like if youre gonna get fucked up all day, you might as well get high. it's physically healthier, thats for sure
>>
just beginning day 6. no desire to drink but not much desire to live either. past the anxiety, nightmares are filthily disturbing and insomnia is awful but my god, the depression, it's indescribable. I'm too unhappy to even cry. everything changes so, so, SO much when you lose alcohol from your life. I know it's time, it has to end, but... I mean... what now? I'm so totally and utterly lost
>>
>>9226039
>cooking with no beer, wine, or margaritas

Jesus christ, how horrifying.
>>
>>9226109
Find something else to do and force yourself to do it. Alcohol is an easy excape, you only have to open a tab, pop a cork, or unscrew a cap and you're in a better place. Find some healthy activity or past time besides eating or smoking to fill the void. Also get some sleep aids and go on a cleanse to help did your body of those toxins. Being sober should be your goal and waking up not hung over the next morning is your reward.

I remember going to the grocery store, hands trembling, in a cold sweat, could hardly speak without feeling dizzy, paying for a 2/11 with quarters, just to rush home and chug half the can to feel normal again. Fuck that! I'll muster up any courage that's left in me to never go back to that again.
>>
>>9225121
I'm a fucking lightweight compared to most people in /al/ck threads but here's the story of my life anyway.
>Started drinking at 16 because friends heartbroken, and daddy cheating on mommy
>Fucking retarded, I know
>Parents worried about it, go to family in countryside for the summer, do a lot of exercise and stop drinking
>Stay sober for a year
>Find interesting and cute real first girlfriend, lose virginity to each other and shit
>go live a month in Wales,party every night so drink a lot
>things start to go sour with gf after 3 months more. Not a bad girl but argued too much with her. We break up.
>find other gf two months after that. She's a fucking psycho, gets knocked up by one of my acquaintances, try to pass the baby as mine.
>Start drinking again to deal with bullshit
>tell her to kill herself and break up. Go back to first gf. Things are going great with her again.
>feel more and more miserable during my studies
>go to bar 3 times a week and get smashed on weekends.
>my drinking slowing increases, after a while I'm not even able to go on a date with her without being drunk
>do an internship, hit rock bottom, go on a month-long bender then break up with her because I was causing her more harm than good
> Get sober again, then get fit
>Travelled tol Scotland 4 weeks ago, drink 6-7 pints of beer every night since then and hate myself
Anyways, cheers pals, I hope you're alright.
>>
>>9226109
You're barely out of acute withdrawals, but they're not over. You still have nightmares. Wait at least a month or two before deciding life isn't worth living sober.
Well, your PAWS are sad... Anhedonia isn't fun, heh.
It gets better, but it takes time.
It may be an idea to see a shrink and talk about anti depressant. They'll help you not feel sad while you get better (finding hobbies, getting a good sleep hygiene, and all the regular advices.)

>>9226238
Stop going to the UK dummy.
>>
>>9226205
Yeah, won't miss the several layers of cans and bottles covering the entire floor, the waking in WD after 6 hours and needing to drink just to get a full night's sleep, spending half an hour stood by my front door trying to feel well enough to leave the house with a single morsel of confidence that I wouldn't throw up all over the shopkeeper's floor, the mystery cuts and bruises, the ruined finances, the waking on a hard surface and jumping in the air thinking I was back in jail - then sighing with relief as I realise I just passed out on the floor at home, the horrific embarrassment of ruining family relationships, the stupid shit I say to 'her' and her husband, the insane people with whom I'd associate, the shakes, puking, sweating, screaming and thrashing so much in my sleep that my bed moves a foot across the floor each night, the anxiety, the organ pains, the smashed furniture and laptops, the huge bowl of vomit and piss, the ambulances, the police, the furious neighbors, the not eating for a week, the smashed glass shards in my feet, the piss all over my bed, the fear of death, the not showering for months, the whole world changing while I stay the same, or... well, I'm gonna hit the character limit. I won't miss those things...
...but I will miss my long lost friend. I loved you, alcohol.
Goodbye, dear friend.
>>
I've read a lot of horrendous shit in my days but how is this thread the most frightening thing I've seen in my entire life? Living this lifestyle is hell, pure hell. You guys need to start watching Jordan Peterson.
>>
I have a Xanax prescription and I find Evan Williams and a Xanax here and there is quite enjoyable.

The cunts "no fun allowed" types will say it's a bad combination but it's great if you dont over do it
>>
>>9225121
This thread is the only thing stopping me from getting a pint of vodka right now

Pint a day since 21 with a year off thanks to an ignition interlock
>>
>>9226560
JBP man. I heard him on joe rogans podcast and now im hooked on his shit. his bible series has been really awesome so far, he inspires me to be less of a piece of shit
>>
I've got high blood pressure, doctor lent me a machine to take home for a week and record my reading 4 times a day then go back to him with results. My BP is lower after I've been drinking than it is when I'm at work in a non-stressful job during the day. I think it's the withdrawals that are making it higher.

11am here now and my reading is 158/102
How fucked am I? I'm only 32 and a tiny bit overweight but not obese. I smoke and drink a lot, every day

Anyone else in this position?
>>
>>9226560
yeah they are all like this. I think it's like AA but no Jesus and no risk of anyone ever knowing who you are so the stories are totally unfiltered
>>
File: 1247228043439.gif (194KB, 177x177px) Image search: [Google]
1247228043439.gif
194KB, 177x177px
>28
>held sober for 6 months
>treating myself to a cheat day this Saturday as it'll finally have the night off.
>new gpu arrived (rx 580 8gb nitro)
GENTLEMAN. Planning on getting a six pack with whiskey on the side. Play vidya and listen to music till 3am. Suggestions?
>>
File: 1499115898820.jpg (56KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1499115898820.jpg
56KB, 400x600px
I have an odd form of ptsd

When I talk to me family, they tell me it sounds like I'm at war or something and my stories sound normal to me. They will never understand, nobody will know

Do you just have to be quiet and never look at that part of your life again?
>>
>>9226791
Just have fun little fella (and no drinkin and drivin)
>>
>4 months ago
>be crippled from peripheral neuropathy from drinking
>be in rehab
>have physical aid named clay
>he was buff as fuck and always laughed at my jokes
>kinda a chad but a total bro with a heart of gold
>helped catch me as I relearned how to walk (wheelchair->walker->cane->foot braces)
>just found out he OD'd on heroin tonight at the age of 25

RIP Clay
>>
>>9226978
F
>>
>>9226978
Addiction is the sickest of the devil's work.
>>
>>9226296
Outstanding post, besides the willingness to miss it part.
>>
>>9225523
Eat fermented foods. Alcohol is fermented. Take that doctors >:]
>>
Woke up at 5am started drinking cheap ass white cider. Have an appointment with a treatment clinic later today. Wish me luck bros
>>
>>9226296
We're gonna make it bra. God bless you, anon. I'm proud of you, I mean it.
>>
>>9225677
dude how are you even asking this? you realize that most people living on the street are addicted to alcohol or even more expensive substances right? the addict finds a way
>>
>>9226296
send that to readers digest
>>
>>9226720
i was around 158/102 when i checked into the ER a little over a week ago. blood pressure just got high all of a sudden so i went down for a reading. sure enough it was high. if you are only a tiny bit overweight id say thats definitely due to withdrawals. also i bet you can feel your heart beating right? chest kinda tight and thumping? that feeling blows.
>>
>>9226978
almost all heroin deaths are from unknown purity / adulterants. its not going away despite being highly illegal. too many people are dying from black market drugs. gonna have to regulate it legally sooner or later or deal with a steady stream of people dying too soon.
>>
>drink 1 pint of vodka in 2 hours
>wait a day for hangover to pass
>drink another pint
>repeat

Thats 3 pints of vodka a week... You fucking normies have no idea what true alcoholism is...
>>
>>9227377
Yup. The withdrawal symptoms aren't as bad today as they were yesterday, I limited what a drank somewhat last night. It's the feeling where you'd do just about anything for a couple of valium pills to make it stop, it's a shame they're addictive too (and hard to convince a doc to provide them where I live).

Hopefully the doc will give me something to at least lower the BP a bit, it's all well and good to try and stop drinking but I haven't had a huge success with that in the past, I always seem to fall back into the same hole. It's been going on for over 12 years for me.
>>
Dear god Christ. I'm all out of al/ck/ohol. What should I do???
>>
>>9227377
165/104 about 20 mins ago. Just poured a drink, the heart is beating
>>
>>9227428
Dealing with this in my WD. Currently on day 4. Day 1, I felt BP issues for my time in life. That gnawing, constructed / tingles feeling in arms. Hell, I even had it in my side of my face. In fact, the scariest part of that night wasn't the insomnia, the gnarly auditory whispers as I had just gotten into an REM, or the jolts. It was the BP.

I really stupidly tried to go cold turkey after a solid 3 day whiskey binge. I'm kindled, didn't even know it was a thing until recently. Been drinking regularly for 10+, sometimes very very heavily and others getting by. I can fight the beast off for 3, 4 days, only to reward myself with a heavy slam sesh followed by lighter ones then I'll "quit" for a few days.

I'm tapering now (3-4 beers a night). I know I have to keep tapering the taper, but for now thankfully this has warded off the horrifics of a true WD and the BP issues.
>>
File: 936[1].jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
936[1].jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>9227398
>wait a day for hangover to pass
>>
>>9227545
Yeah I am going to have to start tapering again, the problem is now it's Friday afternoon and I just stopped and bought a 750ml bottle of bourbon. Self control isn't my strong point. Maybe I'll start tapering again on Sunday because I'm supposed to be having a minor knee surgery in a few weeks and it was already cancelled once because the anaethasist wasn't happy with my BP. I hadn't been tapering before I went into the hospital.
>>
>>9227521
It'll likely help the pressure. Sip it smooothly, let the body adjust.

Are you trying to WD? Or just experiencing WD?
>>
Am doing OK now. No alcohol for the last few months. Loose my mind when I drink and end up in the psychiatry far to often. Have been countless times to the ER because of alcohol poisoning. My drinking cycle is roughly 2 weeks on and 2-3 days off - and I usually drink 2 bottles of vodka per day. Find it almost impossible to cope without alcohol because of depression and anxiety. Benzo does not work for me and weed is not an option. Doc. aborted SSRI treatment because of the bizarre effect it had on my psyche. Am very lucky in that I have the freedom to move ..pretty much wherever I like in the world. Might move to a tropical country in search of peace and happiness. Keep on fighting people, no matter how many times you relapse, never give up.
>>
File: 20170721_133648.jpg (113KB, 590x800px) Image search: [Google]
20170721_133648.jpg
113KB, 590x800px
>>9225121
I have times where I can go days without, then I have a few days that I need to keep the alcohol train going. I just went on a 4 day camping trip that was full of beer. Every morning was hair of the dog that turned into some day drinking that turned into another party.
I'm back home and my best friend is passed out next to me with a half drank beer in hand. Gonna have to grab it soon before it takes a tumble.
Watching horror movies before sleep. Silent Hill:Revelation is weak.
>>
>>9227560
Totally understand. Manage some water throughout the weekend. Keep your eye on the prize mate.

We're all in these shaky waters man. This tapering shit is actually working out okay so far. In fact, the first night (after laying in bed from 11p-6:30a and literally thinking I was going to die), you know what worked to curbed the fits? Some generic ass 7% sangria. Shit taste like grape juice, but it was like insulin to a diabetic.

Go in with the WD & taper with a plan. All the best
>>
>>9227561
Just experiencing it, if I was 100% doing it I'd be doing it with valium and a visit to the doctor every few days for a check up. Have done this many times in the past.

I got myself under some sort of control for a while but just recently went back to drinking daily and now here I am with the shakes at 11am in the morning.
>>
>>9227584
Thanks m8. What is sangria? I usually switch from bottles of bourbon to cans of apple cider 6-8% when tapering, 2 to 4 of those will carry me over to get enough sleep
>>
>>9227584
Sangria, just saw it on the Dan's website
You're Aussie yeh?
>>
>>9227600
Nah. New Yorker. I bought a case of moscato / sangria to give as holiday gifts. Half went out as actual gifts, other half completely dormant. Being an alc, I'd find this stuff to be child's play. 5-7%.
>>
>>9226745
Nobody will crucified at the stake if you slip up and go on a bender after being sober, like they'd do in AA
>>
>>9227643
It's only $7.99 dollarydoos here for a 1L bottle, so that's not too bad considering our alcohol tax is pretty high. 5-7% to me is like drinking water too, but it's useful for tapering, just enough to take that edge off. What time is it there. 4am? 4pm here and I think for some reason you're 12 hours behind. I'm on the west coast of aus.
>>
>>9227581
Started with Mickeys grenades and ended with Black Butte porters, by the by. Going to sleep with some 80s horror garbage.
>>
>>9226642
>it's great if you dont over do it
You know where you are? Addiction to benzo and alcohol is the worse thing to quit.
>>
took my last shot of the night
probably going to have nightmares tonight, whatever
going to try and stay sober tomorrow. probably going to get up and read this book ive been getting into
gonna sit in my backyard and read. sounds alright? ill be fine.
>>
I've quit alcohol. It's been 30 days or so. I'm also starving for a few days in the hope that it will make me delirious or something to make up for lack of alcohol. Not looking forward to going to work on day three desu
>>
being sober is so boring

what do normal people do all day?
>>
>>9228005
Normal people enjoy their lives. You and I suffer instead, and remember why we were drinking in the first place. Sobriety is like staring into a furnace and forcing yourself not to look away.
>>
>>9228005
Apparently nothing, and they seem to be fine with it. Al/ck/ies in my experience, without exception, need to do things at full force, at 1,000+mph and dedicate themselves to that one thing almost exclusively. Just sitting around doing fuck all is totally hopeless.
I'm in the same position as you. Seeking something new to latch on to and do to ridiculous, probably damaging excess. Done the drugs thing (and got the OD discharge papers to remind me not to do that again) Done the love thing, and got the oneitis for life to prove it. Done the career thing and got the house to prove it. Criminality, motorcycle racing, cooking, meditation, even things like property renovation... I've tried dedicating myself wholly to all kinds of shit, had a colourful life as a result, for sure, but ultimately alcohol was my true love, I'd always come back to it when all else failed, but now it's gone and I have NO CLUE what to do without it.
>>
File: 15012408320571528292937.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
15012408320571528292937.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9228030
Hospital Homer here. I'm still still sober but very sick.

More surgery soon
>>
>>9228030
>but now it's gone and I have NO CLUE what to do without it.
listen to music that gives you goosebumps and then try to find other things that give you the same feeling
>>
>>9228054
I deleted an 800gb music collection because if there's one thing which is guaranteed to make me want to drink, it's music.
>>9228043
Glad you're still alive man. What surgery do you need? And do you expect to relapse at any point? I mean obviously you don't want to, but none of us ever wants to.
>>
File: 20170718_094620.jpg (884KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_094620.jpg
884KB, 2560x1440px
>>9228054
*What surgery do you need?

Another dedebridmennt on my my pressure sore like like like pic related as nd and a a colosotomy

>And do you expect to relapse
No but if I do it will all come from hanging around drive bars
>>
Started drinking every day during a corporate internship a year back, and managed a week sober for the first time since today. Celebrated by drinking.

Does everyone do this?
>>
>>9228076
Wrong pic
>>
File: 20170725_151300.jpg (800KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170725_151300.jpg
800KB, 2560x1440px
>>9228076
Forgot pic>>9228079
Dang it it
>>
>>9228076
A permanent colostomy, or temporary?
Drinking has so many times threatened me with needing a permanent colostomy. Perhaps you meant a colonoscopy though, I.e a camera shoved 4ft up your ass? Last 2 times I had that done I did it without sedation, otherwise they'd have forced me to stay in for 24hrs afterwards because of the diamorphine. Fuck that, I'd rather endure 20 mins of horrific pain and gtfo, than be surrounded by death and disease for 24hrs.
>>
File: 1489194593273.jpg (51KB, 497x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489194593273.jpg
51KB, 497x750px
>>9228043
I like you, just wanted you to know that we appreciate your posts.
>>
>>9228093
Same.
Pls post less disgusting/gory shit though. I know it's the reality we face, butI have a phobia of it since being in hosp in hyper-aware mode because of WD.
>>
File: mex-grocer_2272_185851304.jpg (26KB, 253x500px) Image search: [Google]
mex-grocer_2272_185851304.jpg
26KB, 253x500px
>>9228100
Sorry for hardshing your mellow. How many days has it been?
>>
>>9228116
S'all good bruh.
6 days clean. The nightmares are fucking killing me but aside from that and the depression, I think im ok. Out of the most significant seizure danger zone.
>>
How do you know if/ when you're a proper al/ck/ie? I think about it much of the day but I've gone over a month now. Hoping to make it to the end of November.
>>
>>9228138
You'll know.
>>
>>9228138
Rule of thumb, when being drunk as hell is more important to you than your family, job, home, economy, health then chances are your an alcoholic. Also, if you have blackouts lasting several days or even weeks then you should consider drinking less.
>>
>>9228150
What about functional alcoholics? Do they not count?
>>
>>9228154
Oh yea, there are those as well..
>>
File: 1491581449043.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1491581449043.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9228131
I don't think >>9228150 is right.
Frankly it depends you as a person, personally I heard when it creates problems in your life.
But I personally could go to school for a two hours math lecture and then go home and drink, all before noon. Then I would do that everyday of a month.

I'm not trying to say that I'm that smart, but that the idea of drinking to be a "problem" in your life to be alcoholism is wrong. Frankly some people will be able to do lots of things you could never dream to do even if you were sober.

But if you're wondering if you have a problem you probably do. Do you drink to sleep, because of boredom, several days a week or any other reason yo "solve" a problem you probably have a problem.
>>
>>9228161
Basically whenever the house is empty I would get blackout drunk, provided I didn't have work the next day. A session could last ten hours, vodka, usually up to about 70cl. But I'm off it for now. I really want to turn things around. I started off strong this year but it didn't take long to fold. Really hope I can persevere this time.
>>
>>9228154
Of course, and no fucker needs to downplay their plight. Having to function while poisoned must be horrifying. I think the very most horrific depths of alcoholism's depravity are to be found amongst those who have found a way to be so blasted 24/7 that they can barely move to get water, let alone be called functional al/ck/s. Celebs like Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson being the gods of this hell, but there have been some very rare examples here too, and given how cheap some alcohol is, physically small NEETs are frequently exposed to comparable levels of depravity.
Differing forms but all al/ck/s. if you 'know' that you are one of us there will be no question in your mind as to whether you're trapped in the ferocious, lethal, seemingly inescapable talons of al/ck/.
>>
File: 1501004144898.png (200KB, 1213x951px) Image search: [Google]
1501004144898.png
200KB, 1213x951px
>>9228163
I would say whenever I don't have anything I have to do I drink. And yes vodka, started with that.
Now it's a bottle of vodka, some 35cl mixed spirit and a few ciders.

Basically over 1L of spirits and something else for a long session ( 8+ hours )

This pic got me thinking about how many years I have left.
>>
>>9228167
For me, the craving is an ever-present spectre; as fundamental a need as thirst or hunger, though it often eclipses those needs when the feeling takes hold. I find that once I start a session, hunger evaporates. It's always there, but I do feel as though I am mostly able to limit it. I'm 30 now, and I don't want to be dependent on this for the rest of my life. However, I can't help but doubt I'll ever truly lose that need.

>>9228172
Looking at that, I'm probably at about 1000 or so now. How about you?
>>
File: 1501074477971.jpg (711KB, 1200x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1501074477971.jpg
711KB, 1200x1184px
>>9228182
I really don't trust myself in these matters anymore. But drunk half of the days for the last 5 years, plus some before that. Would probably land at around 1000 myself.

My body has been kind to me, rarely sick or anything so keep telling myself that it's probably all well for maybe 3-4-5000. God I lie to myself so much.
>>
>>9228196
How old are you? Bein thirty is not the same as being 20. It's only going to get worse, as well. Alcohol or no. Get out ahead of it if you can.
>>
File: 1501169088632.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1501169088632.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>>9228207
Mid twenties.
I have lots of excuses and reasons like all other alckies you know, but no good ones.

You are right and I'm working on it, three days this week is the goal.
>>
>>9228030
ah yes, the whole "sober people are soft and boring, alcoholics are INTENSE and EXTREME and PASSIONATE" thing.

I'd try to lose that mindset if I were you, it's untrue and ultimately it'll be your downfall
>>
>>9228217
You'll cause brain damage if you get blasted half the time then stay sober the other half. Kindling, anon. It's a medical phenomenon to which al/ck/ is only very recently waking, but it's real and it's lethal.
>>
>>9228220
There is LITERALLY nothing to do when sober except to start drinking
>>
>>9228217
It's great that you're taking positive steps.

>>9228223
Could you explain more about this? I tend to break up the week myself, when I'm on it.
>>
>>9228227
Not that guy, but kindling happens when you get withdrawals, or suddenly stop drinking.
It's the only reason why withdrawals get worse every subsequent time you get them, it also gives you brain damage.

It's literally better to drink every day, than to drink a few days then drop it cold turkey
>>
File: 1493076262996.jpg (2MB, 1750x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493076262996.jpg
2MB, 1750x1080px
>>9228223
Yes I have noticed the withdrawals, gone from not a problem to serious problem.

But why should I lie to strangers on the Internet, it's the truth. It's my reality and I try to deal with it but I'm only human. It's better than it was a year ago....
>>
>>9228226
Or you could wait until anhedonia goes away. While reading on anhedonia and post acute withdrawals.
>>
>>9228235
I mustn't be bad enough for it then; my 'withdrawal' more or less comes down to cravings and irritability.
>>
>>9228246
Don't test it.
You already get brain damage by the 2nd or 3rd withdrawal you go through.
>>
>>9228226
you can LITERALLY do anything sober

seriously, I know it's hard but there's so much more you can do when sober and it's so much more worthwhile. You know I'm right. I know how much depression can make it feel like you're incapable of doing anything but with time you start enjoying things again and realize how much more you're capable of as a sober person rather than a miserable sick dying person
>>
>>9228252
When I'm drunk it's the only time I am happy and content, when I'm sober there's nothing, no motivation to do anything, rather die drinking than live life sober
>>
>>9228251
What counts as a withdrawal?

>>9228252
>miserable sick dying person
This hits home. It feels like giving up; better to escape and just get fucked up rather than putting in the time and daring to hope things can be better. It's hard to see. Hard to imagine accomplishing your dreams. Accomplishing anything worthwhile. But the bottle's always there. In reach.
>>
>>9228252
This post couldn't be further from the truth and is LITERALLY made by an AA douchebag.
Believe me, things don't magically get better because you stopped drinking. The only difference is that you aren't dying as fast.
>>
>>9228288
Why do you want to stop people getting better? The health benefits, the energy, the mental fog lifting, weight loss, bloating/ puffiness going down, memory improvements - sobriety makes a significant difference. The biggest problem is dealing with sober life, as bleak as that is.
>>
>>9228306
They should stop drinking so much. And shitheads like you should stop trying to fill their heads with fairy tales. It's hard enough as it is.
>>
i think i fucked up for the last time.

i was drinking last night with my girl and i thought everything was fine.

so I drive home with her and I just want to get into the apartment but she wouldnt just walk in idk i couldnt understand.
and so i started yelling at her and got really physical with her.

Not hitting but it wasn't good.

this has happened before once and she said she would leave me if it happened again.

She was crying and on the phone with her sister in the bathroom and i sat outside listening to her say how much she didn't want to leave me and how its all fucked and her sister was saying she needed to be in a safer place.

I don't blame her.

I went to work, am at work right now and she was still asleep. I texted her that I wanted to kill myself and i the urge isn't as strong right now.

probably because i picked up some jim and am drinking it with my coffee.

Help me al/ck/ I dont know how to get thhrough the next 24 hours.
>>
>>9228319
Wew you're right, drinking every day is good for you. How foolish of me. Also I'm not the guy you accused of being an AA shill. I've never been to a meeting in my life. I'm just trying to get dry.
>>
>>9228321
>I texted her that I wanted to kill myself
lol that'll get her to love you. man the fuck up, faggit
>>
>>9228333
We've been together for six years.

either way its what i felt still have drunk on the bus.

the whiskey is kicking in now so I feel better I guess.
>>
>>9228321
Extremely trying, friend. Remember, an apology is worthless without action. If you want her back, you need to show that you're trying to change. You know what that means. You need to decide.
>>
>>9228321
Apologise once, maybe with some flowers, make it sincere as fuck, then stop. Forget about it and move on. Go back to normal. In my experience you'll drive yourself crazy, fill yourself with a desperate furious state of frustration because you're unable to properly convey in words how sorry you truly are, and the chances of it happening again will increase, plus things will be weird and awkward between you, your frustration will mount and mount, and before you know it, she'll be married to someone else and you'll be alone and drunk, dying from oneitis.

5 years since she left.
>>
>>9228339
>>9228339
I know. and she is big on following through on promises.

I know i said i would change but i guess i really havent. last time before this was a shitshow on New Year's eve.

Today is the first day ever that I've actually ever considered giving up drinking.

I was going to sleep in my car and was having a cigarette and called one of my friends at 3AM who had a massive alcohol problem also but recovered.

he didn't pick up but a second after finishing my cig my girl called and told me to sleep in the apartment.

I cant keep doing this i dont know what to do
>>
>>9228346
>in my experience
*in my experience *otherwise*
Is what I meant to say.
>>
>>9228351
Cut yourself off, give yourself a few days. Say 'ok, on this day that's it'. Be firm with yourself, cut loose, then make it happen. Trust in your friend too. It's great that you have someone else who's been through it an can support you.
>>
>>9228354
i've tried what you said, but i am terrible around her drinking. I dont know what it is. I said in another post earlier that i've been with her for six years, and this is not the first time but the aftermath feels alot different.

I think i missed my chance to fix anything.
>>
>>9228358
You need to pack it in m8. I'm the same way around my gf when I drink, so I never drink around her. It's just not worth it.
>>
>>9228358
leave the poor girl alone or i'll kick your ass myself
>>
>>9228288
Listen, you're depressed. It's true it won't go away, you'll need a shrink and antidepressants. But alcohol is NOT an antidepressant, its withdrawals are causing the depression, so staying sober for a while will help eventually.
The real world isn't how you see it, your present view is distorted by your depression. Stop making excuses by accusing people of not being depressed enough, you sound like an ass.

>>9228351
Tell her you're sorry, but at the risk of sounding like an ass asking for favours right after a fight, you'll need her support with sobriety (or reducing intake).
And then stop obviously.
>>
>>9228358
What do you drink? It might sound like a stupid question, but some alcohol makes me aggressive as fuck, some doesn't at all. Cider and beer (aka snakebite) is banned in my local because it caused so many fights. Maybe try decent vodka?
>>
>>9228363
>>9228365
>>9228369
>>9228370
I guess i Just have to stop.

Thats hard to tell myself and Idk if i thought it was a reality.

I dont want to stop. but it isn't sustainable.
>>
>>9228376
Well dude if it's that easy for you then ffs do it right now...
>>
>>9228369
>But alcohol is NOT an antidepressant, its withdrawals are causing the depression, so staying sober for a while will help eventually

I was depressed before I started drinking, and booze helps, so fuck you
>>
>>9228379
for fucks sake I wouldn't be here if it was that easy??

Although something a friend told me always stuck with me in the back of mind 'you'll run out of excuses one day, it doesn't matter what happened."

I always leaned on terrible shit that happened to me to excuse the terrible shit that i do. but i iguess i can't anymore.
>>
>>9228376
You've taken the first step. That's something you can hang your hat on. Like I said, give yourself a day or two to have a last hurrah then draw a line under it. Do it for yourself, as well as your girl.
>>
>>9228391
I don't get it though. everyone else is fine and gets drunk and it doesnt impact their lives. they get there hangovers on sunday and move on.

I always prided myself on never feeling like that but its like a curse. they just treat it as a fun weekend and its a ongoing lifestyle. i don't want it to be a lifestyle but i know i just can't keep it a weekend.

I hate that its all or nothing for me. i dont know how people can have that self control. i dont know.
>>
>>9228398
As an anon said earlier, it's fascinating how frequently alchies express this common feeling whereby if we do anything, we do it to such excess and with such intense devotion, that it becomes damaging.
>>
>>9228398
You think you are mentally weak because the aforementioned AA assholes want to drag you down to their level. Again, man the fuck up and own your life.
>>
>>9228398
The secret is in your suffering. You're talking about well-adjusted people whose day to day is not a strain for them. I'm going to go on a limb and suggest that you find it hard, am I right? You're under more pressure - internal pressure - and so you've found a coping strategy that's effective, but maladaptive. The key to getting it together is having better ways to get by.
>>
>>9228415
Uh oh, sounds like someone's projecting!
>>
>>9228415
Fuck you you dont know me.

There is no manning the fuck up that is fucking contrite bullshit.

I can man up. I can fuck do this and that I can stand tall.

But This shits got the better of me.

I've been drinking a long time early into middle school too. It was the only coping mechanism I understood and its become too integral.

I got v&nned late high school and it fucked up alot of shit for me, and i turned to drinking of course. and I still haven't resovled that aformentioned issue but i dodge it and i drink to forget it still, 8 years later. so shut the fuck up if you fucking think you understand anything.
>>
>>9228425
yep projecting strength while other prefer weakness is the idea
>>
>>9228043
You get cable in your room there? What do you watch all day?
>>
>>9228441
Strength? You don't have the strength to handle your shit whatsoever. You're a dependent parasite without the guts to admit he has no self-control and no capacity to make positive changes. But let me guess, you can quit any time you want right? Pussy.
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33KB, 600x399px
>>9228434
>you don't understand how tough my life is waaaa
Hey, it's not my girl that ditched you will find a real man
>>
>Parents come down to your man-cave and freak out when at least 40% of the entire floor is empty bottles/cans
>>
>>9228450
You're an idiot.
>>
>>9228452
>tfw mom is worried when she found a two 1.75l of emply plastic vodka bottles by my bed when i'm passed out and then next day asks if i'm ok.

Yeah I'm ok.
>>
>>9228376
The first step is realising you have a problem. Better now than by shitting blood.
Well, on the paper you could drink in moderation, but people who can moderate don't hang around on alc threads. We mostly can't into moderation and end up back to full blown drinking when we try.
In any case, staying sober for a month or two would be a good start on moderation. If that's already hard, it's not a good sign.

>>9228398
It may be genetic. I can control myself when sober, but not when drunk or even tipsy. So I can't have a drink because I know it'll most likely be the first one of too many.

>>9228434
I understand you're drunk, and I'm not. And I'll sure won't follow your advices at using alcohol to deal with my life.
I used to do it too, that's the point. I used to agree with you. But I didn't go around in alcoholic threads saying drinking is the only possible way ever, and that sobriety is impossible. And now I don't puke blood.
>>
>>9228288
I'm the (You) you're replying to, never been to AA, I've been a daily drinker for almost ten years and just in the past couple months I've been getting my shit together. It doesn't get magically better, it's fucking hard, you have to actively pursue recovery and feeling better about yourself.

I'm not trying to tell you to stop drinking or how to live your life I'm just saying once you've been sober for a bit you realize how alcohol has fucked up your sense of self and your ability to enjoy normie things. Think about any people you've seen who've been clean for an extended amount of time. Are they generally miserable bitter depressed pieces of shit or energetic positive healthy people?

Keep drinking if you want I don't give a shit, I'm just telling you it's 100% worth it to stop regardless of how you feel right now
>>
>>9228256
alcohol is a depressant anon. When you're drinking every it affects you 24/7, even when you're not actually drunk. It fuckin sucks I know
>>
>>9228488
I've been dry a month. Can you give me any advice? I don't have anyone to talk to about it.
>>
>>9228488
>you can LITERALLY do anything sober
Your big mistake was starting off like you're some sort of American self-help peddler

>you can LITERALLY do anything sober
Anyone who talks like this deserves to be dismissed.
>>
>>9228527
1) Where do you see your greentext in the post you're replying to?

2) Even if you do see it, how could it not be true? What could you cannot do while sober?
>>
>>9228531
There's burying pain and things like confidence and social competence. A drink soothes.
>>
File: 1450485991938.jpg (55KB, 587x663px) Image search: [Google]
1450485991938.jpg
55KB, 587x663px
>>9228496
well the longest I've done is four weeks back in june (four or five days here and there this month, on day 3 of what will hopefully be an extended chunk) so you're already doing better than me, so I guess keep it up?

I don't normally browse reddit but there's a couple solid support communities there. r/stopdrinking is the go to, but it kind of has an AA feel sometimes, r/dryalcoholics is a bit more casual (their thing is periods of drying out rather than the goal of lifetime sobriety)

Are there things you do that make you feel good? Exercise or hobbies or art or whatever? I feel like after a few weeks the brain starts to life and you feel capable of doing things that you find rewarding.

Finally, if you DO stumble, it's not the end of the world. If you cave and find yourself drinking again, don't let it drag you into a hole of "Well I fucked up, I'm hopeless, this is my life, and there's nothing I can do about it". Do your best to make the choice to stop drinking again. Most alcoholics relapse many times, it's just a matter of making that decision as many times as necessary. "One day at a time" is the general motto.

good luck anon! one month is great
>>
>>9228531
You're not the anon who made this >>9228252
post as well?

Sure, being sober feels fun and well but it's not a cure-all to life's problems, otherwise people wouldn't become drunks in the first place.

I'm not really fond of the worship of sobriety, it can create a false hope of some sort.

Another thing to consider that a lot of people self-medicate with booze because of some underlying mental problems or disorder, so what's waiting for them in sobriety might be in some ways worse.
>>
>>9228527
that exaggerated "LITERALLY" was in response to >>9228226 I was being facetious you tool.

I'm done being preachy I have to get ready for work, have a good night anon
>>
>>9228539

Yes. But confidence and competence aren't required for anything to happen, rather they simply change conditions. You might find it easier to interact socially while intoxicated but that doesn't mean you cannot do it otherwise.
>>
>>9228550
You too m8
>>
>>9228545
Thanks man. It's hard not to watch the days tick over and then when things get hard and the counter resets it feels like the whole thing was wasted. A big part of it was so I could start exercising again. I just don't have the energy drunk. I'm not there yet, but it must be improving. Last time I had been dry for a stint and drank again I was shocked at the difference. It was as though all my muscles just became totally fatigued all at once. So maybe it stacks up slowly and drops fast.

I've always been put off AA because it gives off a bit of a cultish vibe. Seems like they replace dependency on drink with a dependency on the meetings. Not sure I want that.
>>
>>9228564
yeah it's amazing how much energy alcohol saps from you, you don't really realize it until you've been sober for a bit then relapse.

Yeah I've never been to AA, I'm a bit hesitant. I went to a NA meeting a few months ago but it didn't feel right being there with people who were into crack and meth and stuff. I've heard SMART recovery (google it) is pretty good, they have meetings in most bigger cities, as well as online, and as far as I know there's no god stuff. I agree that it seems like some people just shift their dependencies to meetings, but I feel like talking about your problems with people who are in the same boat as you can definitely be helpful.
>>
Can you go to an AA meeting drunk? Or will they kick you out?
>>
>>9228545
>Finally, if you DO stumble, it's not the end of the world. If you cave and find yourself drinking again, don't let it drag you into a hole of "Well I fucked up, I'm hopeless, this is my life, and there's nothing I can do about it". Do your best to make the choice to stop drinking again. Most alcoholics relapse many times, it's just a matter of making that decision as many times as necessary. "One day at a time" is the general motto.
This is important.

>>9228496
Do some physical activity, not necessarily hitting the gym hard, just going for a walk or DIYing your place can be enough. Don't start crazy projects that you won't finish and feel bad for not finishing, but do some simple stuff that will give you some sense of accomplishment.

>>9228564
I've read some meeting are all about Jesus, but some others are more agnostics, so it's worth going to a local meeting and see how it goes, possibly ask if there are other meetings nearby.
Here there is Vie Libre that is similar to AA without the stupid steps, I've read USA has a "AA is the ONLY group, method, and possible solution" problem.
>>
>>9228594
AFAIK they'll welcome you as long as you want to stop, and obviously as long as you're not being a dick.
>>
>>9228583
I worry that my problems might not be big enough.

>>9228596
It would feel great to get back into hitting the treadmill. My membership is still there, eating up money for nothing. I should head down when I feel up to it. It'd be amazing to be in shape again. I'd all but given up hope.
>>
>>9228594
Depends on the meeting, some are sober alkies only, some welcome drunks and/or family and friends (they're an important part of recovery, and suffer too from their loved alcoholism, so why not.)
Give them a call.

>>9228616
>I worry that my problems might not be big enough.
It's not a dick contest. Good on you for trying to get out before hitting rock bottom. (There is no bottom to hit, it always go deeper if you don't do something about it.)
>>
>>9228616
>I worry that my problems might not be big enough

that's how I felt at the NA meeting, but I think that's just a mental block that we need to get past. Anybody who tries to make you feel that way is an asshole
>>
>>9228645
>>9228645
I'm just imagining saying I drink a liter or so vodka a week and it's damaging my health, when other people are talking about letting their babies drown or going for a cop's gun or mugging an old lady or whatever.
>>
Why does my throat hurt a lot, especially in the mornings. I drink beer. Used to smoke but it's been over 5 years. It's sort of like a lingering allergy
>>
Anyone else get tingly, twitchy arms and fingers (not the shakes, just muscle spasms) after a night of heavy drinking?
>>
>>9228702
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_polyneuropathy

it could also just be from vitamin defficiency or minor WD but yeah
>>
>>9228702
you have MS lol
>>
>>9228725
Yeah neuropathy crossed my mind too.
>The general cause of this disease is prolonged and heavy consumption of alcohol accompanied by a nutritional deficiency.
I don't have any nutritional deficiency though.
>>9228738
could be lol
>>
>>9228747
>I don't have any nutritional deficiency though.
Take multivitamin pills, worst case your body don't need them and piss them out.
>>
>>9228797
>worst case your body don't need them and piss them out.
not all of them, some just ruin your liver and such
>>
>>9228818
These ones (not dissoluble in water but in oil) are not in significant quantity in typical multivitamin pills.
They're more or less designed to be used safely by idiots who think it can't be dangerous since it's sold over the counter.
>>
>>9228818
That's a total non-issue unless you're doing something absurd like eating dozens of pills a day.

Do some research on alcoholism treatment. Multivitamin supplements are standard because alcoholics often have nutritional deficiencies. I know back when I was drinking hard it totally ruined my appetite so I simply wasn't getting proper nutrition at all.
>>
>>9228818
B complex pills is something every alcoholic should be eating daily
>>
I had a potassium deficiency when drinking. Eat more babnanas, boozehounds.
>>
>>9228856
>>9228869
The jury is still out on multivitamins, with theories ranging from helpful to neutral to actually harmful and the only really proven benificial approach to nutrition is getting your nutrients from whole foods.

That is in normal people though, I guess someone who lives on a vodka diet is helped by pretty much anything resembling a nutrient, even if it's shitty junkfood.

>>9228876
Quitting or moderating their drinking is something alcoholics should be doing. Doing something is better than nothing I guess, but the multi-front assault alcohol does on your body isn't going to be solved by such targeted damage control.
>>
>>9228936
Oh fuck's sake, you sound like those AA nuts, harm reduction is the best thing to do when you're unable to quit or don't want to.
Fuck off with that "quit or die" black and white shit
>>
35 days sober. Solid bms are appreciated, as is a healthy appetite, but I'm bored out of my mind. Sobriety is a mixed bag =/
>>
File: IMG_0744.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0744.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9228876
Yeah this. Pic is pretty much as close as I get to a daily meal when hitting the bottle hard.
>>
11 days free of alcohol. feeling the first feelings of regret. I wish I didn't abuse the shit, tonight would be a perfect night for it.

I might take some cough syrup. I get no bad side effects taking it every two months. Simulates the high I like. Or a have a hit a weed. I'll take one of those two.

Wish you well friends. Fridays are really becoming a bitch.
>>
>>9228952
do they help? im getting over a binge right now and haven't been able to keep anything down
>>
>>9228942
I specifically mentioned moderation, I don't like the whole abstinence only approach. I think it's that black and white thinking that often drives people to extremes, since they get fed the idea that once you drink again you have failed completely, so someone that slips up and gets a sixpack is more likely to go down the deep end since all seems lost.

I can't wrap myself around the cognitive dissonance someone must endure to drink vodka by the bottle, not caring enough about his well-being to do something about it, ruining his digestive tract, brain and organs, but somehow successfully implicate a supplement regime because he is concerned about a vitamin deficiency.
>>
>>9228969
>but somehow successfully implicate a supplement regime because he is concerned about a vitamin deficiency.

>It's simply a vitamin deficiency
You will get extremely fucked up if you're a heavy alcoholic and don't consume thiamine via food or supplements.
And by extremely fucked I'm not exaggerating
>>
Promised my gf we would go on a trip together this week and failed at keeping that promise. Again. Starting to think that drinking every night is a bad idea.

>>9228963
Be careful, cough syrup can also get addicting and it's a lot more dangerous (when abusing) than just normal booze. Wishing you the best as well, anon.
>>
>>9228964
I can't really tell if they help or not, because I don't know how shit I'd feel without them. What I will tell you though is that thiamine is given to every al/ck/ who goes into hosp, its standard, a doc told me it's "the only known way" of assisting improved brain health [of a specific kind, which I forget] in alchies.

I know how fucking awful it is trying to eat, I just keep pieces of fruit around my bed in the hope that I'll one day take a bite. Most of the time it just results in a trillion fruit flies and lots of rotten fruit all over the damn place, but those little bites make a big difference. If one day you do manage to force down a significant amount of a balanced meal, after like a week of no food at all, I swear to Christ, the feeling that night and the next day, is better than Valium.
>>
>>9228969
>I can't wrap myself around the cognitive dissonance someone must endure to drink vodka by the bottle, not caring enough about his well-being to do something about it, ruining his digestive tract, brain and organs, but somehow successfully implicate a supplement regime because he is concerned about a vitamin deficiency.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke–Korsakoff_syndrome
>>
>>9228969
>I can't wrap myself around the cognitive dissonance someone must endure to drink vodka by the bottle, not caring enough about his well-being to do something about it, ruining his digestive tract, brain and organs, but somehow successfully implicate a supplement regime because he is concerned about a vitamin deficiency.

It was pretty obvious for me. I knew I had a major drinking problem, so I researched treatment options. I also knew I was likely malnourished because the booze was killing my appetite and generally wrecking my guts. After doing my research I started to slowly taper off my drinking. I made sure to take multivitamins and I also kept those nutrition protein shakes that bodybuilders around. I did other things too--forced myself to get some basic exercise, etc.
>>
>>9228976
>>9228989
I know. My point is that there are a lot of other horrors about keeping up that sort of drinking and placating your conscience by addressing one of them isn't a very productive approach.
>>
>>9229013
It's as much as I feel capable of doing, and it happens to be very beneficial. I can manage to spend 2 seconds a day swallowing a pill. Not much else.
>>
>>9229013
>placating your conscience by addressing one of them isn't a very productive approach.

It doesn't have to be placating your conscience. It could be one of many steps taken towards recovery.
>>
>>9229013
Are you aware of what harm-reduction means?
>>
>>9228963
Take care, replacing an addiction by another is very common.
Well, if you pick a healthy "addiction" is very good, but pick well. Misusing cough syrup doesn't sound like the best idea.

>>9228969
When drinking daily, drinking is the usual stuff you do easily, stopping is like climbing a mountain above the snow line, and alcohol greatly reduces motivation to climb mountains.
From here, the though process is easier to see. Feel like climbing Everest this afternoon? Or would you rather take a pill to avoid possible brain damage and go another day? Or just risk brain damage.
>>
Am I becoming an alcoholic ?

>On holidays at the moment
>Been feeling depressed for the past few because no friends/no money
>Today only time I've felt happy is when I realised I had a bottle in my fridge
I mean, I don't even drink that much, just on the weekends and the odd couple of beers after work, but still, I'm feeling drawn to drink more and more
>>
>>9229054
>Am I becoming an alcoholic ?
>depressed
Yes, using alcohol as an anti-depressant is a sure way to alcoholism.
You feel better when you're drunk, of course, but you also feel worse when sober. Of course it's not obvious, as if you stop you'll still be depressed and it won't look bright. But you'll only drink more, raise your tolerance, it'll stop you from dealing with the deeper reasons of your depression, and end up drinking a bottle of vodka per day after some years.
And you'll still be depressed when you stop.
>>
On day 8 sober. Had to go to DR and get a libriun taper. Cigarettes and exercise and junk food are all helping. And DOING THINGS. Don't let yourself get lonely and bored!
>>
Did anyone here get health problems from 6 or less drinks a day with days off? I sometimes get scared then realize most of these guys are drinking 20 shots a day or more.
>>
>>9229161
one cigarette is arguably worse for you than a whole bottle of vodka spaced out. you're inhaling radioactive arsenic-laced black matter.
>>
>>9229163
You'll be fine, tiger.
>>
>>9229163
The health problems with that kind of drinking are less instant. There's a good chance it will shorten your lifespan and quality of life when you get older and increase your risk for certain types of cancer and other diseases, but it's not as acute a problem as the way people here drink.

It's more like bad eating habits or smoking.
>>
File: pepe ENOUGH.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
pepe ENOUGH.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>>9229161
>Don't let yourself get lonely and bored!
You're not the boss of me, I'm having a shit time being sober right now REEEEE
>>
>>9229027
If you can shitpost you can pick up a phone, anon.

>>9229030
If it's a stepping stone in that way then of course it's great.

>>9229035
I think there's a certain degree of harm reduction where it becomes practically a symbolic gesture.
>>
>>9229220
>I think there's a certain degree of harm reduction where it becomes practically a symbolic gesture.

>Not getting extreme brain damage by consuming thiamine
>A symbolic gesture
Sure thing man, sure thing
>>
>>9229163
Recommendations is 2 drinks per day, 3 when getting trashed, and a few days dry, so yes, 6 per day can give health problems.

>>9229161
Get a vape mate.

>>9229220
>a symbolic gesture.
>B1, B6, B12 and PP help prevent brain damage and kindling
Someone didn't tapper correctly...

>>9229225
Hivemind
>>
>>9229233
this post as a whole is just complete trash
>>
>>9225611
I agree. Maybe the pot will help me taper. Just got back in from Syracuse. I have to see some pain management specialist, I guess. I'm picking up another 1/4 in an hour. Way more expensive than booze though.
>>
>>9225878
What is PAWS?
>>
>>9229233
>B1, B6, B12 and PP help prevent brain damage and kindling

GOTTA EAT SYNTHETIC CHEMICALS OR YOU'LL DIE - America, 2017
>>
>>9229288
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9229288
Are you the chemtrails conspiracy nut who thinks drier sheets are the primary cause of kidney damage, sold by the pharmaceutical industry to make us ill?
>>
>>9229304
>drier
*dryer

The dude who thinks b vits are bad for alchies? Haven't seen you in a while, thought maybe the lizards had got to you
>>
>>9229304
Yes. And I was right. You just don't realize it yet.
>>
>>9229304
Popeyes chicken puts saltpeter in the chicken to keep the negro population in check. That's fact.
>>
>>9229318
No, you're wrong, you just don't realise it yet. But hey welcome back, there's all manner of insanity here.
>>
File: images.jpg (17KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17KB, 191x263px
>>9227388
The feds are poisoning heroin to kill off addicts, like they did to alcohol during prohibition
>>
>>9229279
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome
Common symptoms of post-acute withdrawal syndrome are:[14][15][16][17]

Psychosocial dysfunction
Anhedonia[18]
Depression
Impaired interpersonal skills
Obsessive-compulsive behaviour
Feelings of guilt
Autonomic disturbances
Pessimistic thoughts
Impaired concentration
Lack of initiative
Craving
Inability to think clearly
Memory problems
Emotional overreactions or numbness
Sleep disturbances
Physical coordination problems
Stress sensitivity
Increased sensitivity to pain
Panic disorder[13]
Generalized anxiety disorder[13]
Sleep disturbance (dreams of using, behaviors associated with the life style)

Symptoms occur intermittently, but are not always present. They are made worse by stress or other triggers and may arise at unexpected times and for no apparent reason. They may last for a short while or longer. Any of the following may trigger a temporary return or worsening of the symptoms of post-acute withdrawal syndrome:[citation needed]

Stressful and/or frustrating situations
Multitasking
Feelings of anxiety, fearfulness or anger
Social conflicts
Unrealistic expectations of oneself

>>9229288
They're natural, it's just their technical names.
>>9229318
Dammit.
>>>/x/
>>
>>9229225
>dying of liver failure with a sound mind
Great.

The real harm reduction is reducing the harm.
>>
>>9228985
FYI: PSA Thiamine (vitamin B1) edition:
Thiamine is a so called "coenzyme" and cannot be synthesized by the human organism, it is essential for cell respiration (part of the Krebs-cycle).
Thiamine is highly present in legumes, grains rice and certain types of meat (lots of it in pork iirc).
Us alckies often substitute our food caloric intake with alcohol caloric intake, alcohol obv. does not have thiamine in it. In addition massive alcohol intake disrupts thiamine uptake. This leads to diseases like Beri-Beri, or Wernicke-Korsakow syndrom. these are neurological disorders. To make it simple, brain or nerve cells need a lot more energy than other cells (maintaining cell potential), so when the energy process is disrupted, due to lack of thiamine, they die first.
If you want to avoid thiamine-deficiency, eat while you drink (I eat lots of bread and pasta, lickily my stomache isn't too far gone), if you can't, please, please take supplements! Very important!
>>
>>9229400
You are a fucked up individual.
Toxicity of b vitamins is VASTLY increased by drinking, some even become permanently stuck in your body.

Shill for wonderbread more you fucking asshole. This is the most ass backwards advice ever posted on 4chan.
>>
>>9229393
>The real harm reduction is reducing the harm.

Not getting extreme brain damage is not harm REDUCTION?
>>
>>9229413
>Toxicity of b vitamins is VASTLY increased by drinking, some even become permanently stuck in your body.
What broscience bullshit is this? Alcoholics need to take B vitamins or they'll literally go demented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernicke%E2%80%93Korsakoff_syndrome
>>
>>9229423
It isn't if you keep on with the behaviour otherwise since death will occur if you're demented or not.
>>
>>9229413
You're nut, go out.
>>
>>9229413
Are you retarded, or is your hepatic encephalopathy that far advanced? Thiamine is water soluble (especially in its phosphated form) , any excess will be flushed out with urine. I am well aware, that some forms of fat soluble B-vitamins can be unhealthy in large doses. but thiamine is very important for alckies, if you don't like pills, than just (as I said before) eat enough thiamine rich foods.
>>
>>9225727
How?
>>
>>9229329
>The feds
You mean nigs?
>>
>When you run out of booze when you want to keep drinking and keeping the feel good mood music going on and being all serene

Worst thing to ever happen to me, every time it happens
>>
not sure this is the right place to ask since you seem like a rather sad bunch, but oh well
I'm heading off to buy some cheap alcohol tomorrow, I want to get a small alcohol collection started
I currently have vodka, Jaegermeister, Baileys, and seamans shot. Planning on buying
>Gin
>Rum (light or dark?)
>Tequila?
>fun liqueurs
anything else I should get?
>>
>>9229709
A true professional doesn't simply run out of booze.
A true professional plans for this inevitability.
>>
>>9229735
>anything else I should get?
The fuck outta here
>>
>>9229735
Buy some tequila and shove it up your ass gay boy
>>
>>9229745
I do plan for the inevitability.
But I also drink the inevitability before it happens
>>
>>9229760
>>9229767
thanks m8s, try not to drink yourselves to death
>>
>>9229674
Are you an idiot? You think private citizens are poisoning heroin? Why the fuck would anyone do that? The State is just murdering people and you're just going to blame it on some scapegoat and ignore reality Good job jackass.
>>
File: IMG_0745.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0745.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
Okay, now I've got the talking pillow.
Everyone shit the fuck up and stop arguing.This is al/ck/ and we're nice to each other here.
Cunts.
>>
File: IMG_20170727_031259.jpg (96KB, 720x745px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170727_031259.jpg
96KB, 720x745px
>>9229819
max laugh doodoo head, I'm not that guy, but when I was growing up the dudes that sold weed in my city in South Florida used to spray raid on it to fuck people up for literally no reason. kids will be kids and adults will be kids.
>>
File: IMG_0731.jpg (29KB, 183x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0731.jpg
29KB, 183x240px
How the hell is it that homeless, malnourished, freezing, dehydrated, sleep deprived, hated, diseased, insane, desperate as FUCK alchies get to be so old without dying?
Or is the guy in the pic and those we see on the street who look like him, actually only 25 but look 60?
>>
>>9229863
So I've had 5 beers (0,5L) and two bottles of weird plum wine, that I got for free. Watching the f word UK. Feel like something is missing.
How is everyone else doing?
>>
>>9229882
Just ate for like the ninth time today, I get crazy hunger when I get clean (6 days) probably because I eat the equivalent of like half a meal a week when relapsing, and fapping over Rachel Riley on '8 out of 10 cats does countdown'. Mood swings are a fucker, but right now I'm feelin' pretty gud
>>
>>9226791

if youre anything at all like me that 3am cut off will be more like 10pm the next day
>>
>>9229876
And feds poison drugs.
>sells drugs for a living
>kills all his customers
>.....
>profit
The heroin comes from the poppy fields the troops are guarding in Afghanistan
C'mon dood
>>
File: IMG_0145.jpg (15KB, 220x182px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0145.jpg
15KB, 220x182px
>>9229877
>there are al/ck/bros freezing on the street RIGHT NOW, as I lay here cosy watching YouTube and munching jelly babbies
>it's windy and rainy
>they're only homeless because ethanol took everything from them
>they have no way to exchange feels with us
>we could have been bros ;_;
>>
>>9229907
It's got to be pretty early in the morning for you huh?
>>
>>9229877
humans are pretty sturdy cunts, but the people who live hard tend to break down in their 50s

also there's probably a selection bias. you only see the ones that survive, after all.
>>
>>9229917
22.35. I'm mildly less cosy than I could be because there's a slight draft coming from a window that I cbf to close. I just can't imagine what it'd be like to be on the other side of that window, totally soaked and frozen, laying on concrete with nothing to do but drink with the pennies passers by chucked in your filth-encrusted cap.
I'm scared to fucking death that one day alcohol will cause me to become homeless. I'd love to say that I'd just kill myself, but I know if it came down to it I'd be too scared.
>>
>>9229936
I see a lot of homeless people where I live. Laying motionless on the floor in a pile of filthy rags. I wonder how many were dead. They must drop like flies. I've never knowingly seen a dead homeless person, but I guess I wouldn't know.
>>
>>9229946
There situation definitely sucks, but it's July, no one is freezing north of the equator
>>
>>9229946
>pennies
Panhanlders make tens to hundreds of dollars a day.
>>
>>9229961
>a day
idiot
>>
Got another bottle of red label for tonight, already drank a 26er of vodka from 11pm till 3pm. its now 6 pm and I am half done my bottle.

fuck liqourisms
>>
>>9229961
Nice Breitbart meme! Got any others?
>>
File: WP_20170727_018.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170727_018.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
The gnomes have won.
>>
>>9229965
>>9229991
>being this naive
>>
>>9229994
seems like a nice lad in a small cage
>>
>>9229994
What did the squirrel do to earn a sentence in a cage?
>>
>>9229961
Stop reading the daily mail. These people are utterly penniless. Not to mention practically tortured even though their suffering is already incomprehensible.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-40713992

Go sit on a kerb for the night. See how quickly it becomes unbearable and you run home for tendies and a blankie. They live like this for years, if not until the day they die.

Take this example of a once very successful, wealthy, articulate journalist whose life was ruined by alcohol. It is more feelful than Leaving Las Vegas. Every al/ck/ should watch this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tW6N5PssPGw
>>
>>9229997
I though it said $10,000/day at first.
I believe 10's-100's/day
>>
File: WP_20170727_041.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170727_041.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>9229994
Tonight I bid him farewell as I tackle the gnomes head on. I may not make it back.
>>
>>9230018
Don't leave us gnomebro
>>
>>9230018
>Tonight I bid him farewell as I tackle the gnomes head on.
What do you mean?
>>
>>9230014
>watch 1 minute
>already fascinated
>and a bit scared
>>9230018
Dude what's happening?
Why don't you post a number so we can call to check up on you if things go sour? Maybe we can help...
>>
File: WP_20170727_003.jpg (958KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170727_003.jpg
958KB, 2592x1456px
>>9230060
I will go out to their temple and eliminate them or die trying.
I have my 16gauge shotgun, a machete, a bottle of sleeping pills, a disguise, a flashlight and my protective foreign currency.
My flock of goats will assist me in tracking them.
>>
Are you guys using milk thistle?
>>
>>9230014
I'm not saying being homeless is easy or fun. At least not everywhere and for everyone, although you can find homeless people who wouldn't have it any other way.

Money for the daily necessities like food and booze is rarely the problem though. People are more generous than you think, and if you sit on a street corner where hundreds of them pass you are bound to end up with enough change for a few meals and a day's supply of booze within a few hours.
>>
>>9230081
I spent a year homeless. If I was lucky, when it was raining I was allowed to sleep in a stairwell in a block of flats in a ghetto. You know precisely fucking nothing and are annoying to talk to.
>>
File: $ (1).jpg (61KB, 650x704px) Image search: [Google]
$ (1).jpg
61KB, 650x704px
>>9230076
It might be best to leave the shotgun at home and call the police. Maybe it's all an elaborate hoax and you're about to get into some serious shit for no good reason
>>
>>9230090
I lived in a '78 F-150 with a friend for a while.
Urban camping
I would rather not do it without the truck.
We had jobs at McD's and a toolbox in the truck.
We made money fixing cars and advertised ourselves from McD's drive thru.
We each came from pretty fucked up situations,but had it better than some poor fucks.
We're both doing alright now. He's better off than I am.
>>
>>9230090
What does that have to do with panhandling?

Again, I'm not saying being homeless is jolly, I'm saying getting money for food, smokes and booze isn't the problem.
>>
New thread since bump limit reached

>>9230142
>>
File: WP_20170727_004.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170727_004.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>9230104
No its for wild animals. The gnomes are too hard to hit. But maybe for gnomes. And why call the police? So they can laugh at me again?
And I have no number to be called on>>9230074
>>
>>9230129
I have personal experience of begging on the street. On the rare occasion that you're able to sit for more than ten minutes without the police threatening you, you might make enough to buy a beer. You are infuriatingly ignorant and I'm sorry but I can't stand to talk with you any longer. Now off you run, mommy is calling, dinner is ready and I've got to go anyway, time to make a few casual hundred sat on the street. Have a nice day.
>>
>>9230149
Judging by your posts you were probably too much of a cunt to inspire any sympathy.
>>
>>9226916
Find someone better to talk to bro.

I often sat and listened to my buddies stories as a grunt in Afghanistan. Some of the shit was really fucked up but I guess I'm a bad person but it didn't phase me and was very interesting and I think it helped him since I wasn't acting like it was anything strange.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.