[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the secret of the meat pie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1292808300322.jpg (56KB, 575x383px) Image search: [Google]
1292808300322.jpg
56KB, 575x383px
What is the secret of the meat pie?
>>
File: 1478938377581.jpg (103KB, 790x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1478938377581.jpg
103KB, 790x1053px
>>9225062
the french Canadians of Quebec have the answer you seek young one
>>
File: IMG_2299.jpg (33KB, 343x147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2299.jpg
33KB, 343x147px
>>9225073
You're like a little baby, watch this
>>
>>9225062
mixing a little mashed potato into the meat so it stays together
>>
>>9225118
Not a big fan of vegemite but it absolutely belongs in meat pies.
>>
>>9225062
>What is the secret of the meat pie?
some mysteries of the universe are best left undiscovered
however I do know the answer to the question
>what is the best meat pie

a flaky golden top
a hard suet based bottom that still crumbles easily with bites
a gelatanous gravy with suspended meat particles
chunks of tender slow cooked steak
>>
File: 1500867263273.gif (11KB, 128x193px) Image search: [Google]
1500867263273.gif
11KB, 128x193px
>>9225062
you can't handle the truth
>>
>>9225062
My mom always used to put a kangaroo made of dough on top of our pies when I was a kid.

But I think it's very important for meat pies to have a kangaroo on it
>>
>>9225223
uwu
are your parents proud of the adult you became?
>>
>>9225062
>What is the secret of the meat pie?
Put meat in it, and piecrust round the outside.
>>
>>9225062
If it's a pork pie, the jelly is a must.
>>
>>9225118
noice ship some of those to me cunt
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3nLY8NnWXg
>>
You can only make it if your a coonass from Louisiana
>>
>>9225062
You need Frays
>>
>>9225062
That looks horrible.
It looks like a dank quiche from the top then the middle is just pure excrement.
>>
>>9225062
This is the most disgusting excuse for a meat pie I have ever seen in my life. Absolutely foul.
>>
>>9225118
What are these like? I haven't had a Four N Twenty pie for about 10 years because Herbert Adams is a thousand times better but I'm intrigued by this
>>
File: 1418301746025.jpg (2MB, 2048x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1418301746025.jpg
2MB, 2048x1080px
>>9225062
google tourtiere

Canadian meat pies
>>
The recipient of all pie wisdom worth knowing lies in a small mining town in Lancashire, England: namely, Wigan.

Whilst seemingly unredeemable in more or less every other aspect imaginable, Wigan nonetheless managed to become exceptionally blessed in two matters and two matters only: Rugby League, and Pies. The two of which are of course interrelated, as pies were easily consumed at footy and football games just as they are by our well loved antipodean cousins; indeed, the stadium issue "Poole's Pies" were voted the best in the rugby super league, the football championship, and the premier league all together.

As for what makes them exceptional? Ah, how to describe a good pie, for where the pie elevates itself above other foodstuffs is in the divine interplay of every component, and to describe them individually risks missing the integral description. Furthermore, what makes a good meat pie good will be different from a good mince and onion, or steak and kidney, or chicken and ham, or indeed the crown jewel of them all, the steak, ale and oyster pie. Nonetheless, there are several important factors common to every great pie. The crust should be toothsome and robust without being hard or brittle; the gravy moist and savoury yet with a viscosity suited to keeping the gravy confined in the pie itself, without making a mess everywhere, for the pie is an inherently portable food; the meat, tender, melt in the mouth, without toughness and with substantial depth of flavour; all these elements combine to form the essence of what, in Wigan, is considered the perfect pie, an icon and object of Wigan pride as famous as the pier, the Verve or Billy Boston.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.