[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I put ribs in for the oven? Foil over something? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: chipotle-pork-ribs-103431-1.jpg (998KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
chipotle-pork-ribs-103431-1.jpg
998KB, 3000x2000px
What do I put ribs in for the oven? Foil over something? Also what temp should I go at to slow cook (not a fan oven). Help a new guy out please /ck/. Oh and while on the topic, is there anything in particular you look for (at the store) that means its a good rack of ribs?
>>
>>9222482
>New guy
>Ribs in the oven/slow cooker

Yo seem to be lost, TASTY's youtube channel is a few websites to the left.
>>
i cooked ribs in the oven once. made a sauce of tomato paste, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, honey, salt, apple cider vinegar.

painted it all over them and loosely covered with foil. after about 2 hours at 300 degrees i took the foil off and turned the oven off at the same time. let the sauce thicken for about 15 minutes in there.
>>
>>9222482
Alton Brown has a oven recipe. Basically put in tin foil with BBQ sauce and low and slow.

But he recommends throwing it on the grill to carmelize the sauce and give it some texture. It's not absolutely required but I do that.
>>
>>9222602
Thanks mate, hadn't thought to use honey as a sweetener.
>>9222609
So I should slow cook in the oven and grill to finish or the other way around? I'll look that up, thanks.
>>
>>9222482
Low heat uncovered on the rack using a generic bbq rub then sauce once tender. Do a couple of layers of the sauce to create a bark. Heat at like 220 degrees Fahrenheit or so. Should take 4 hours+.

People like to make a huge deal about barbecue, but it's really not that difficult to get a good product. Of course a competition grade blahblahblah would require a smoker and all that.
>>
>>9222622
Cook in oven. Toss on grill after just enough to crisp it up some.
>>
>>9222482
>BBQ sauce
>ketchup with 5x the sugar plus red, black, and white pepper
>belonging on meat

Pig disgusting. Do Americans have to dump the whole bag of sugar onto everything?
>>
File: 1500156195070.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1500156195070.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>
>>9222631
>>9222633
Cheers lads. Not looking for perfection, just want to spoil my povvo self a bit.
>>9222642
Its just the first pic off google, relax.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.