[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can CK be so knowledgeable about cutlery and so retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How can CK be so knowledgeable about cutlery and so retarded about coffee? you have preferences for steel alloys, damascus patterns and know what has good edge retention, etc, when REALLY a $20 wal mart knife cuts veg almost the same way.

But you all just force down shitty folgers or starbucks and you can't appreciate the nuance of finely roasted, well-extracted coffee. It's empirically better tasting, yet you call small-batch roast and pour over and pressed coffee a meme.

>bottom line is, you're all full of shit unless you can explain this to me
>>
>>9221449
Coffee is for gaylords, good knives are for partricians
>>
>>9221449
Buddy my 6000 dollar shun kit cuts through animals like none other. Dressing and prepping a deer use to take hours, now I can cut that shit up in 30 minutes.
>>
>>9221464
/thread
>>
Because you have a selective attention span

The coffee threads are just as inane as the knife threads with some people screeching autistically about $500 grinders and TDS meters, and some people screeching autistically about instant coffee and mycotoxins

You really must have just washed up from /pol/ this morning if you haven't noticed this
>>
>>9221449
they're both for nerds. although i agree most people are drinking bad coffee. it doesn't need to be taken so seriously though
>>
>>9221449
there's literally an entire coffee thread that agree with your opinions you stupid moron
>>
>>9221480
I cut half a dozen deer a year. Doing it fast just wastes meat. I'd rather spend that $6k on the hunting trip but hey that's just me
>>
>>9221480
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>9221495
>some people screeching autistically about $500 grinders
It was one guy that said you'd have to spend $500 on an automatic grinder to match a LIDO 3. And he's right.
>>
>>9224175
and that's fine. Just like all other fine food, once you're at the top of the coffee pyramid, small improvements = big cost. But /CK/ isn't anywhere near the top, generally. Yes, there are a few fine coffee lovers, but mostly you people just settle for swill that was ground 2 years ago in a factory and made with a sub-standard coffee maker.

If you've ever taken a sip and thought "wow, my coffee is good today" that means your process is inexact. You're damn right a $20 coffee maker is not as good as a mocha master or a betiva. Because they consistently heat the coffee hot enough to achieve extraction, where as your stupid cuisinart $50 and your black and decker $20 use the exact same element that is not capable of achieving extraction other than accidental.

and then you settle for fucking GARBAGE beans. shit that was grown in a back alley and ground during the Obama administration then sealed in a can for god knows how long.

no wonder you have to add cream and sugar. You're drinking liquid dogshit

/rant
>>
>>9224198
>If you've ever taken a sip and thought "wow, my coffee is good today" that means your process is inexact.
but my coffee tastes good every day
did you like, just find out about good coffee last week or something? you want a cookie now?
>>
>>9224308
>>9224198
actually I think I see why you think it's hard - you're using an auto drip

no matter how expensive your auto drip can't adjust for stuff like increased bloom from 2 day old beans. and your moccamaster can't even vary the temperature for different roast levels

basically you're a pleb who thinks he's a connoisseur because he found out there's something better than starbucks and you're so immersed in your own shit you can't imagine this is old news
>>
Are you retarded? There's a near constant coffee thread with a ton of good coffee recommendations pertaining to grinding, temp control, and various brewing methods. No one recommends folgers what the fuck?
>>
>>9221449
Everyone needs a knife. 4chan being 4chan, it doesn't take long for anything devolve into console wars/pissing contests. Most people know $20 knives are good enough. $200 knives are nicer but functionally not much better. You can be happy about your $20 knife but you know nicer thing exists as evidenced by that anon who posted pics of his knife on a $100 end-grain cutting board. Coffee on the other hand is not something everyone needs. You can get by life without drinking coffee or at least good coffee. So while the pissing contest mentality is still there it's much more niche and the have-nots can just wave it away as a meme.
>>
>>9221449
Good coffee is relatively cheap to make when it comes to equipment. Espresso on the other hand is where are all the autismos reveal themselves.
>>
>>9224198
>spending thousands of dollars in professional equipment and the freshest, most exquisite beans

Fine tea is cheaper and easier desu
And it's a product that actually benefits from aging.

Enjoy your civet shit.
>>
>>9221449
Just as for every other thread with any actual information, there's about nine inept people spewing nonesense for every one with knowledge.

The thing is, you know about coffee, but you don't know about knives, so it's hard for you to call out the shit in those threads. I try to contribute my own knowledge of coffee as much as I can to the threads, but it's quite discouraging at times with the shitposting.
>>
>>9221449
Nice adapted meme, faggot. Please fuck off.
>>
op just bought a techniworm off massdrop and thinks he's a coffee expert now
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.