[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rate my Asian style burrito

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: asianburrito.jpg (1MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
asianburrito.jpg
1MB, 2656x1494px
Saw these low carb tortillas next to the soy sauce and figured I'd give them a shot.
I know you can't tell just by the pic but I've never actually made one of these before. All the ingredients were fresh and cooked today
>>
>I know you can't tell just by the pic but I've never actually made one of these before

Is this a ruse? It looks terrible, barely held together. Looks like a strong sneeze would unravel it all.
>>
>>9220138
Looks choice anon, succulent veggies.

Do you have any tips for improving my ability to improvise with ingredients?
>>
looks like veggies stuffed in a condom. i know what that wrap is, but you could exercise some dexterity.
>>
>>9220155
I usually just get the frozen bagged veggies but I wanted to try to cook them from fresh. The asparagus and broccoli were roasted in the oven for a bit too long. The chicken was perfect, but I've been doing chicken for awhile. Carrots and mushrooms were stir fried and turned out great. That fucking condom thing is probably more of a hassle than it's worth but I've got a whole pack of them to git good.
>>
>>9220196
>that incedibly earnest response
I... I don't know how to say this anon but I was fucking with you. Your food looks really bad.
>>
>>9220228
it tasted really good
>>
File: 14249733907512.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14249733907512.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>9220138
>asian
>burrito
>>
>>9220196
Why not do it vietnamese style and cut the veggies super thin with a mandolin?
>>
>>9220138
>low carb tortillas
That's a spring roll wrapper.
>>
>>9220242
My fingers smell like ginger
>>9220249
I don't know how to play the mandolin
>>
>>9220272

Oh ok, this is for sure a troll thread.

False alarm everyone
>>
>>9220272
>I don't know how to play the mandolin
Would you please decide if you're doing a troll thread or not?
>>
File: mandolin.jpg (77KB, 1000x569px) Image search: [Google]
mandolin.jpg
77KB, 1000x569px
>>9220286
>mandolin
pic related is mandolin
>>
>>9220296
Yeah, I got the joke.
>>
>>9220264
>>>9220138 (OP)
>>low carb tortillas
>That's a spring roll wrapper.
It's gluten free, but it's certainly not carb fee, either. It's rice starch. Pure sugar to your gut, glycemic spike to your body which is not what carb counting is trying to prevent. These are the opposite of health food, even if it is fat free and looks natural.

I love them, I love white rice too. I love rice milk. But, these things aren't a comparatively healthy choice unless you have half the educational understanding of what glycemic spikes do with your pancreatic health and metabolism.

Enjoy them because they are delicious, have a cool texture, or are part of a traditional culture. But, they're one step above a donut or sipping on spoonfuls of sugar. If they help you get more vegetables into your mouth, great, but if a sprinkle of honey did the same thing, which is more healthy?
>>
File: mandoline.jpg (151KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mandoline.jpg
151KB, 1000x1000px
>>9220286
pic related is mandolinE
>>9220300
dubs
>>
File: 96.jpg (2MB, 2241x3984px) Image search: [Google]
96.jpg
2MB, 2241x3984px
>>9220301
sugar at noon: 96
sugar at 4:00: 111
all I ate was that Asian burrito
>>
>>9220490
Oh well, thank you for the controlled study. I guess rice starch is awesome!

Let's tell HarvardHealth it isn't the worst grain.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-foods
>>
File: diabetes.jpg (1MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
diabetes.jpg
1MB, 1494x2656px
>>9220547
>http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/glycemic-index-and-glycemic-load-for-100-foods

Is this saying I should be eating foods with a glycemic load between 10-20? Thanks for the link.
>>
>>9220547
>japanese eat white rice or wheat noodles virtually every meal
>japanese have the highest life expectancy of any country at 86+ years

Harvard BTFO!
>>
vegetables disguised as al la rat
>>
>>9220707
Japanese people eat a lot of fish, soy, and probably most importantly for life expectancy, remain active throughout their life and have a very strong (if insular) sense of community.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.