[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooks illustrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: download (2).jpg (10KB, 199x253px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
10KB, 199x253px
/ck/ let's make a community account for Cook's illustrated, download all their pages and archive them.

Kimbell is a asshole anyways.
>>
>>9219950
this is actually a good idea
>>
File: test.jpg (2MB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
2MB, 1920x1440px
I actually own a ScanSnap SV600 so i could make some high quality scans and put that shit in virtually any format including ebooks but there's a small problem.

I don't find this magazine in Switzerland.
>>
>>9219993
wow hey you're the person i need to talk to. I mean, my friend.

My friend owns a rare book that is very desired by the internet, but no pdf of this book exists and the book is out of print

the book is worth several hundred dollars but my friend feels that this art should be shared to the internet. Is it possible to produce near-perfect scans without destroying the book? What is the best way for my friend to do this
>>
>>9220012
not the guy but may I ask what book it is?
>>
>>9220019
barlowe's inferno
>>
>>9220012
There's a specific market for book digitalisation my friend. I'm not well versed in the professional domain, but i know that most of these professional machines are either DYI (read some contraption that put the book on some kind of support with two DSLRs taking a snap of each pages) or straight up specifically made for this.

https://youtu.be/4JuoOaL11bw

But for a consumer budget and for a consumer market, you can either get something like the ScanSnap or get a good DSLR and some kind of support.
>>
>>9220012
http://www.imageaccess.de/?page=whitepapersbookscanningbuyerguid

Either way if it's a very precious book he should rather ask a team of professionals to do that.
>>
>>9220026
I figured with today's technology there should be something like a handheld device i can rub all over the page in every direction and it puts it together with AI.

at least, that'll exist in 2 years if it doesn't now
>>
>>9220037
I mean, my friend can rub it all over the pages. And then he can rub it all over me because imagine if that device existed and you scanned your balls or a cat or something with it

I think i just got rich
>>
>>9220012
>Is it possible to produce near-perfect scans without destroying the book?
No flash photography. Good camera.

I would not lay a valuable book on a flatbed scanner, smashing the binding of every single page.

Just checked, it's got a used retail of $100 at used on Amazon. It's not that valuable, dude. And, the images are already scanned, just click images.

Read this article: https://www.thecrowleycompany.com/determine-best-method-scanning-bound-materials/
>>
>>9220043
>the images are already scanned, just click images.

that isnt how amazon works

$100 has clearly put it out of reach of anyone else who thinks it belongs online
>>
>>9219950
>/ck/ let's make a community account for Cook's illustrated, download all their pages and archive them.
Fun, but not so necessary. They're at the library. And, aside from the lovely illustrations, there are no keep-forever kinds of recipes. This magazine counts on the beginner cook not to be pissed off at that amateur "science experiments" to do things in novel ways that ignore 400 years of wisdom in the previous method. It usually comes out with poor results. It's not science. It's a sales gimmick.

>Kimbell is a asshole anyways.
He's always been only a publishing hack. He has no ability to learn. He's weird, brain damaged, but rich.

When he was new on the block in the late 80s, they used to make fun of him on Saturday Night Live, which we'd still see happen from time to time if the actor who did it didn't die in a way you don't want to keep bringing up (RIP Phil Hartman). If you're a young kid, you might not know that anal retentive was psychobabble personality typing from back in my day (LOL) for someone who we now call OCD, meticulous, controlling, or otherwise kind of off, ie crazy. They added the gay vibe too, but who knows?
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/anal-retentive-chef/n9924?snl=1
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/anal-retentive-chef/n9695?snl=1
>>
>>9220088
Well it's not the recipes I'm after. It's the equipment reviews and guides/hacks.

No matter what you can't deny they have autism reviewing all that equipment.

Speaking of which they have this 14 day trial. A script or lots of people viewing designated pages and archiving could get us all the content without paying a cent
>>
>>9220507
I'm with you, I trust their equipment reviews and would really like to have access to all of them.
>>
>>9219993
>Fujitsu planetary scanner

How much did it cost?

>>9220012
https://www.diybookscanner.org/

There are several widely used designs for book scanners (that won't destroy or "hurt" the book in any way), either pre-assembled by someone or something you can assemble from a kit.

There are also list of people who offer their book scanners for rent.
>>
>>9222871
>How much did it cost?

Not much at all for such a thing. Around 500-600$.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.