[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

strangest meat youve ever eaten? and how was it like. ive had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

strangest meat youve ever eaten? and how was it like.
ive had coyote & sparrow before, theyre invasive where i live so its okay to hunt them.
>>
File: 1500164207228.jpg (7KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1500164207228.jpg
7KB, 270x270px
>>9217129
>eating wild scavengers
>>
>scavengers
im kinda a hardcore eco-fag so i feel obligated to cram whatever is less ecologically devastating into my mouth
>>
>>9217129
Black bear and antelope
>>
Snake, kind of a mix between a fish and gamey chicken
>>
i tried rabbit once

it tastes like chicken but it's really chewy
>>
fugu, nice aftertaste. not amazing during.
horse (raw), actually pretty good
koi, bit muddy tasting
not strange to me: emu and kangaroo. roo is always a bit tough and is difficult to cook. tastes good though. emu is a little like lamb
>>
>>9217129
I ate moose out of a can. game and disgusting. never again.
>>
File: image.jpg (616KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
616KB, 1536x2048px
Horse burger in Valencia, Spain. Tasted and looked like rancid liverwurst
>>
Camel. Underwhelming. Like gamey beef or... Something. Texture was off or something was not quite right in a way that was hard to describe. Not as bad as kangaroo though. That shits fetid.
>>
Can't stand gamey flavor. I'd eat probably try anything as long as it's in sausage, jerky, or stew form though. I've had shark, but goose/duck is about as far as I've gotten with otherwise.
>>
File: alligator.png (431KB, 822x376px) Image search: [Google]
alligator.png
431KB, 822x376px
>>
Alpaca
Acceptable, unexceptional.
>>
Dog
Greasy beef in a sauce so spicy I couldn't really taste it
>>
>>9218295
hi im here to be upset
>>
Peacock. Tasted like extra dry turkey.
>>
Uma felicia
>>
>>9217129
I had ostrich once and it was really good, it tasted like something between poultry and sirloin. I've also had alligator and it's like fishy chicken
>>
>>9217129
Jellyfish. Its kinda like eating a plastic bag
>>
I guess emu since everyone and their mother has had venison, bison, boar, and to a lesser extent rabbit by now. It was good, I'd definitely have it again, but I'm afraid they'll break out of their ranches and fuck up the Australian army again.

Had frog at a Chinese buffet too
>>
>>9218467
jellyfish is pretty good

>>9218473
rabbit is exotic?
>>
>>9218486
It's not popular in Australia since they introduced a disease to help with population control
>>
>>9218523
what really? why not just eat the rabbits? nation wide or limited to certain states?
>>
>>9218528
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myxomatosis
>>
>>9218455
Interesting how birds can taste like cows, and some mammals taste like poultry. Truly we are all one.
>>
>>9218532
A vaccine is available for pet rabbits (ATCvet code: QI08AD02 (WHO)).[1] The vaccine is not allowed to be used in Australia because the live virus in the vaccine has the potential to spread into the wild rabbit population which could result in wild rabbit immunity to myxomatosis.[9] If this happened, there would be a dramatic increase in the number of wild rabbits in Australia, which would cause major damage to the environment and economic losses.[9] Many pet rabbits in Australia continue to die from the disease due to their lack of immunity

just limit it to desexed rabbits? this disease sounds kinda cruel
>>
>>9218545
It's extremely vicious and also why I've never had a chance to try rabbit, it's not even sold at the exotic meat butcher in my town
>>
File: Ostrich.jpg (14KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Ostrich.jpg
14KB, 220x293px
Best Steak Ever.
>>
>>9218549
what does it matter though, its a rabbit disease? even if you "catch it" youll only be a vector
>>
Anyone try both emu AND ostrich? Do they taste the same?
>>
Anyone try emu and ostrich? Do they taste the same?
>>
Has anyone here eaten ostrich as well as emu? Do the tastes compare?
>>
>>9218567
Yes
>>9218574
No
>>9218575
The jury's out
>>
>>9217129
horse
beef tounge
intestines , fried
>>
Your mom's pussy.
>>
>>9217303
you cooked it badly
>>
>>9218532
Damn shame too.

All the booming wild animal populations of Australia are extremely tasty animals too like Emu, Camel and rabbit. It's a shame they introduce something as dangerous as a bioweapon into the wild populations to kill them instead of cultivating them for their meat.
>>
>>9217129
kangaroo. a cross bw sirloin and venison. lean and gamey.
>>
>>9219022
gamey? i dont know about that.
>>
Tried springbok once, as biltong. I liked it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.