[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food to combat heartburn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Heartburn.jpg (57KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Heartburn.jpg
57KB, 590x350px
To make a very long and drawn out story short
>poorly controlled my heartburn for the last 15 years, very poor diet
>caught up with me, gastritis and potential ulcer, some throat erosion, hard as fuck to swallow at times
>gastritis flare up induced a full blown panic attack and ER visit.

What are your favorite meals or snacks that wont trigger heartburn?
I have a peanut allergy, and preferably something easy to swallow.

Ive never actually eaten healthy my whole life, so everything Ive learned how to make is greasy and shitty for you.
>>
>>9212800
Eat a packet of yellow mustard. It'll probably burn like hell going down but after that it's instant relief.
>>
>>9212800
Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in some water and then drink it. Won't taste good, but it will fix your heartburn nigh instantaneously.
>>
>>9213234
Does it taste fishy to anyone else when they do this?
>>
to treat the heartburn afterwards, mylanta or milk (with flavoring) plus baking soda

drink ginger tea or eat pickled ginger with your meals and it will help digestion
>>
File: 812rexUR0rL.jpg (277KB, 1400x2128px) Image search: [Google]
812rexUR0rL.jpg
277KB, 1400x2128px
>>9212800
dude literally pick up this book (or torrent it who gives a fuck) and study the food recommendations before you kill yourself with your shitty habits
>>
this is just retarded

all you need to do is eat 40mg of pantoprazole per day

cures it completely
>>
>>9213286
Ill def look into it. Im looking for a diet change not just more heartburn treatments to mask a bad diet.

Just having trouble in this transition period because I can barely swallow

>>9213317
>all you need to do is eat 40mg of pantoprazole per day

Ive been taking -zole pills for several years now.
I still got serious gastritis, so now im having to juggle the pump inhibitors and the Carafate im taking. Doc says its a fine line because I have to increase the carafate intake a lot because of the pump inhibitors, but I have to not give myself calcium poisoning.
>>
>>9213442
Also yes, im making this thread because even though I went to a GI doctor he literally didnt give me any real diet guidelines. He is kind of an ass and he cant speak english
>>
>>9213286
Cool. I just added it to my cart. Next time I need something equaling $8.01, I can get free shipping.
>>
>>9213234
Don't do this it makes mustard gas!
>>
>>9213560
wtf i'm dead now
>>
File: Aloe_Vera_Drink.jpg (48KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
Aloe_Vera_Drink.jpg
48KB, 800x528px
You should try chewing you food enough to where the saliva counteracts the natural acid in your stomache as nature intended

Usually about 45 chews per mid to small sized bite of food is fairly close ... the point of liquifaction is where you want to be before you swallow

Now these drinks help with stomache ills much like heartburn and acid reflux as the aloe has a nuetralizing effect on stomache acids ... just drink them 45 minutes prior and a hour afterwards while you practice chewing enough .. so much chewing is going to leave you sore at first stupid lazy jaw syndrome

Another thing you can try is just xhewing gum during the majority of the day nonstop the saliva you swallow works wonders in fact, the pills i was given for my ills were just having me drooling when i wasnt letting it pass down my throat

Bottom line learn to chew your food and be gone with meds
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.