[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone tasted fluffy japanese cheesecake? I am a huge fan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Has anyone tasted fluffy japanese cheesecake?
I am a huge fan of "traditional" cheesecake, though I imagine the fluffy version would taste like spongecake with a hint of cream cheese (gross)
>>
lewd
>>
Uncle Tetsu's is good shit. Super light and airy texture without being spongy, kind of like a soft meringue. Jiggles a little bit when you move it, very soft and moist. It tastes more like ricotta cheesecake, definitely kind of an eggy flavour too. Way less gross than it sounds
>>
It has quite a few more eggs (I think 6/7 per 500g of cheese) It doesnt really taste much different and I prefer the denser versions, but its aright
>>
>>9209622
I've made it a couple of times. It's got a really interesting texture, and is pretty tasty. It's a pain in the ass to make though.
>>
>>9210114
>tastes more like ricotta cheesecake
Sounds delicious
>>
Japanese and Koreans try so hard to make good baked goods and fail miserably. There's no real tradition there they're just trying to make things that look good rather than taste good. Vietnam blows them both out in baked items.
>>
i had one in japan. it was pretty average compared to a lot of other stuff. my mother made me one that was way better

>>9210312
i agree with this, japan pioneered visual baking then china and korea followed. the only time i was really disappointed with the food in japan wad with the baked goods.
>>
>>9210312
>Vietnam
>The niggers who literally cover watermelons in cake frosting and slivered almonds and call that a dessert

How dumb are you?
>>
>>9210312
I've traveled to Japan several times on business. I find it can be very hit-or-miss.

Yes, a lot of their baked goods are focused on a flashy appearance. But other times it can be god-tier. Find a shop that's anal about sticking to classic French recipes and it will be good (and there are plenty of those in Japan). Or find one who's run by a sperg perfectionist that insists on the best possible ingredients. Those are also good.
>>
>>9210527
It's not all good. Some of it is even pretty bad. But at least they can bake a good bread that doesn't taste like sponge cake.
>>
>>9209622
Only the Japanese could make a dessert taste bland.
>>
>>9210531
>Find a shop that's anal about sticking to classic French recipes
Why would I go to Japan for that, I'm sure I can find good French bakeries in India too but I wouldn't care about going to one. You have to build on culinary traditions not just either blindly copy or make a facsimile that lacks substance.
>>
>>9209622
in general, everything food related from japan that looks kinda cool (this, fluffy pancake) tastes like dogshit. japs are all about appearances.
>>
>>9209622
Whatever happened to /ck/ saying they were rice cooker pancakes?
>>
>>9209622
Japanese cheesecake is just okay. It's a bit mealy in texture and the flavor is subtle, if not slightly eggy. I had better pastries/desserts while I was over there from their dunkin donuts/tim hortons equivalent, Mister Donut.

Still, worth a try at least.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.