[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you supposed to tip in prague?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1500851625114.jpg (159KB, 640x979px) Image search: [Google]
1500851625114.jpg
159KB, 640x979px
Are you supposed to tip in prague?
>>
You don't have to. They're allways very happy if you do. Sometimes they ignore you and give you the Change back anyway.

I'm also visiting prague right now. Allready found any places you would really recomend?
>>
>>9209404
Nobody wants anyone to tip with foreign currency
>>
>>9209205
As an American I'd never tip a European. They're always bitching about it. Plus I tip the best to establishments I frequent for continued good service. If you don't intend on going back then why? Like I said they're European and bitch about this shit, so fuck them. Only tip Americans.
>>
I tipped in Madrid once. This little Argentinean joint. The waitress was abled to secure 4 boxes of churros for my group, we gave her €20. She was really happy.
>>
>>9209431
I mean that's cute but restaurants usually have a service charge anyways so you're still tipping
>>
>>9210560
A tip is something I give voluntarily after or during payment. A service charge isn't a tip. Where is this service charge? On the bill?

In America automatic gratuity starts only with parties of 6 or more.
>>
>>9210576
Yeah it's on the bill. You can probably find it in the menu itself, initial pages most likely. It's probably a bit lower than the American percentage but it's on top of a higher wage and the server doesn't get to dodge taxes on it
>>
>>9209222
>Allready found any places you would really recomend?
Lobkowicz Palace is a hidden gem I stumbled in by accident and researched later after I got home (it's near the Castle). It's a good story to research, kind of restored post revolution family reparations kind of story. See my link.
It took them 12 years to get the family home back, and much longer for the money to restore and run it all.
http://www.bostonmagazine.com/2008/04/the-prince-is-a-pauper/
http://www.lobkowicz.com/en/collections/lobkowicz-palace/museum/

There's a Dracula bloodline connection too, to Elizabeth of Bathory and Vlad's family both. And that guy's uncle, Radu Florescu, was the world's top historian (Boston U) on the matters until he died recently.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/28/books/radu-florescu-scholar-who-linked-dracula-and-vlad-the-impaler-dies-at-88.html

If you're a music geek, it's a must stop. Lobkowicz's of centuries past were patrons of Mozart and Beethoven. Amazing these original scores and instruments were stolen or liquidated during soviet rule, but they weren't. They were stored in the attic.

Top giftshop in the city, in my opinion. I saw things not for sale elsewhere because their collection was out of circulation of any museums, preserved in time art pieces from famous painters.
>>
>>9210630
I forgot it's a food forum and you were probably asking for a restaurant recommendation. There are a lot of traditional restaurants, most of which have the same four choices on the menu, though I suggest you get bread dumplings wherever you order, since they are all so differently done.

But for the best traditional, in Mala Strana, this is a side street cave bar type restaurant with an extensive list very medieval traditional items on the menu done well. Start with the Mlsota lidu podhradního, which is rendered pork drippings w/ cracklings and onions, on the rye bread. Better than butter, I assure you, and popular during the 14th century right up until the 19th century if you were german or bohemian pre-war types. Homey meads and desserts, homemade soups, skewered meats. Can't miss food, though there is fire dancing, armor, creepy candles and such, it's not a gimmick, the chef is amazing, and the service is classy and trained well.
Krcma U sedmi Svabu
http://www.7svabu.cz/Pages/Main.aspx
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.