[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disgusting waffles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: Skype_2017-07-24_08-22-44.png (22KB, 456x472px) Image search: [Google]
Skype_2017-07-24_08-22-44.png
22KB, 456x472px
So being the person that I am, I've never made waffles before, and seeing as I have a belgian friend I asked him for ye ole Belgian waffle recipe, which he did infact give to me. So the waffles looks great and all, but they taste like absolute ass. Someone throw an eye at the recipe for me and tell me what the fuck might be the issue, please.
>>
File: Skype_2017-07-24_08-22-54.png (8KB, 448x173px) Image search: [Google]
Skype_2017-07-24_08-22-54.png
8KB, 448x173px
>>9208878
2nd pic
>>
So like I said, they look great, but they taste like bread. Did I mess up somewhere in the recipe? Or is there a better recipe to use that'll end up with better results
>>
File: crazy toppings on leige.jpg (92KB, 640x456px) Image search: [Google]
crazy toppings on leige.jpg
92KB, 640x456px
>>9208878
Well anon...maybe you haven't ever had a real yeast waffle or maybe you expected more sugar.

There are two main versions of belgian waffles, if you didn't know.
1) The pearl sugar and yeasty real street waffle from belgian, the Liege,
2) the kind that is more american, the kind you get in a waffle house to put butter and syrup over, and is usually presweetened in the batter too, which I think they call Brussels style.

You should master both if you have a waffle maker. A "Leige" belgian waffle batter will be like bread dough you stretch out over the waffle grate (usually kind of oblong pressed bread, since they aren't poured to cover up the whole grate), and the balls of sugar in the dough, melts at the final stage of cooking and makes contact and becomes candy! So good. Find a source for your sugar. You'll have fun.
>>
File: golden malted.jpg (39KB, 574x574px) Image search: [Google]
golden malted.jpg
39KB, 574x574px
>>9208905
Here ya go, I found one that does the overnight step that makes the yeast batter so much more delicious. Ina knows her waffles ;)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/overnight-belgian-waffles-3363689

If you find that you still don't like the recipe, then you should seek out a buttermilk recipe that will remind you more of the pancake batter., since a lot of places use nearly the same batter for pancakes and waffles, just ladling out.

I haven't used my iron in a while, but I love a cornbread waffle, savory, with bits of okra. Try it. You can also do hushpuppy mix in it.

Oh, and there's a waffle mix that you find places near the holidays or like at Williams Sonoma that still uses malt in the batter, which I find delicious. Pic related.
>>
>>9208924
Thanks anon, i figured i messed up due to it tasting to muh like bread. Good to know.
>>
the recipe calls for sugar but then doesn't tell you how much or to add it at any point
your waffles taste like bread because you didn't put the sugar in so they are bread
>>
>>9208878
Use milk instead of water. You might need a different amount so just add a little at a time until it looks right.
>>
Why use both self-rising flour AND yeast? The flour is already leavened with soda, so there's no need for the yeast. Either cut the yeast out or switch to all-purpose flour.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.