[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> $200 Going to have people over next week, what liquor do I get?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1500252931844.jpg (58KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1500252931844.jpg
58KB, 396x691px
> $200

Going to have people over next week, what liquor do I get?
>>
5th of grey goose
5th of bacardi
5th of hennessy
5th of laphroaig select

shouldnt be more than $150
>>
12 handles of Nikolai
>>
Cheap vodka and fruits

Whiskey

Beer

Zima

Gin

Soda

Bitters
>>
>>9208254
Depends on your friends, eastern european vs ghetto vs ivy league single malt vs craft beer folks vs lots of women

When entertaining, I try to have one signature drink going that I made. A pitcher of some mixer, whether homemade bloody mary mix, or manhattans, tropical rum punch, or a sangria. A punchbowl of french martinis with a nice floater of a ice mold. This drink fits my snacks or entree theme. If you are on a budget, hopefully your cocktail will be the top attraction, and you'll have all your bottles of rum, gin, whiskey, tequila untouched or barely used and easily stored for your next party. Don't forget to say BYOB to your guests so if you happen not to buy someone's favorite whatever, they can only blame themselves that they didn't bring it themselves.
>>
>>9208284
>tfw i just buy a handle of vodka and a handle of rum, cook whatever i want and tell everyone to bring whatever they want

I provide an atmospheric location and food, and everyone's happy it seems.
>>
>>9208284
This, what type of crowd are you entertaining OP?
>>
>>9208254
absinthe
yukon jack
kraken
jägermeister
some flavored vodka or rum
>>
Thanks anons for the recommendations.

>>9208284
>>9208301

the crowd is a mix of ghetto/craft/women. A somewhat small get together. I don't drink to often or have a preferred drink, but I dont want to be a shitty host.
>>
>>9208384
>ghetto
vodka

>craft
idk much about ~craft~ beer but i've tried arrogant bastard and it's pretty good

>women
some flavored liquor or just mix your own fruity drinks
>>
Everclear and a few 12-packs of HEEE HAW. Combine it all in a punch bowl with a quart of lime sherbet.
>>
>>9208384
One handle each of cheap vodka and rum, plus OJ and/or cola for mixing. Calculate 4 bottles of beer for each craft beer friend, and 3/4 bottle of white wine for each non-ghetto, non-craft beer drinking woman. The beers that you buy really depend on your friend group... Literally anything that isn't a shitty, huge nationwide brand like Budweiser or whatever should be ok. Blue Moon is good enough for most craft beer drinkers, but still familiar enough for ghetto people.

From personal experience, I usually have beer and wine in the fridge and that's enough for 90% of people. For the or weenies who say they "don't like the taste of alcohol," any sugary sweet mixed drinks that can be made from whatever hard liquor is lying around will make them happy.

If your get-together gets good and you run out of alcohol, it's okay. Going on a beer run with 1 or 2 friends is a really fun part of the night and sometimes it's a way to have a better conversation with a smaller part of the group.
>>
>>9208254
Appetizer: ferrari (aperol and mezcal)
Dinner: wine
After: cucumber-lime gimlet , vodka soda, beer
>>
>>9208254
Well, ghetto women love their fruity brandy based cocktails, like Alize. Wins awards too, and it's inexpensive at Walmart.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliz%C3%A9_(beverage)
Pick up a couple flavors because "look! new flavors!"

SkinnyGirl drinks like margarita.

Cider or Mike's sampler 12 pack.

Actual margarita or daiquiri ingredients w/blender on hand. Who doesn't like a hemingway? Or a banana daiquiri? Or a screwdriver?

Vodka for weight watchers, /fit and no carb types. Acceptable mixers would be splash of OJ, splash of cranberry, bags of limes, lemons, diet red bull, diet coke, diet club or tonic water.

Probably can skip normal white rum, unless you want to set up a mojito bar, by buying a big mint plant at the garden center.

Spiced rum like kraken and coke is popular with many.

Dudes who are crafty? Buy a Sam's or IPA type 12 pack seasonal samplers and make sure it's ice cold. Something from a regional brewer might be the alternative.

Whiskey is hot right now, but it can be pricey when delicious. Not sure if your friends are shooters people, but shots of honey whiskey isn't expensive and goes down with most everyone.
>>
Thanks again, anons. They aren't too picky but I did want to make an effort
>>
>>9208263
the fuck is a 5th or something?

Also, Pepsi Max
>>
File: dd3.png (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.png
27KB, 200x200px
>>9208263
>1/5
>lists 4 items
>>
>>9209390
kek
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.