[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General marinade for beef?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: cheese.jpg (673KB, 1712x2288px) Image search: [Google]
cheese.jpg
673KB, 1712x2288px
Whenever I'm dealing with certain cuts of beef like top round, skirt steak, etc, I always like to have a standard marinade 'template' that I work off of.

What I generally use now is one part each of the following (1 tablespoon each): Soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, dark honey, olive oil, rose water.

Next add the juice of one lemon, six cloves of fresh garlic and three 4 inch sprigs of rosemary. A dash of paprika, one tablespoon of whole grain mustard and 8-10 black peppercorns. Toss all of the above into a food processor and zap it until it's all nicely broken up.

Add however much salt you want, but I find it's better to let folks add their own later. What do you guys use? Do you have a general thing you like to go off of when you start cooking cheap cuts of meat or do you always seek out a recipe?

Pic is unrelated triple creme cheese
>>
>>9205898
Do what you like, of course. I think of rosewater flavoring creams, drinks and pastries, however, not meats.

Maybe instead of focusing on marinades for tenderness and flavors, focus for a while upon techniques for tenderizing, braising and adding flavor with pan sauces?

So, you can flatten some rougher cuts with a quick pound or roll out, works great for cheap eye of round, or some tougher sirloin. No mallet? Use the bottom of a can or wine bottle. Put into a ziploc if you are adverse to messes.

Simple season of salt and pepper, brown both sides in some oil, and now you start adding all those marinade flavor ideas to the pan, from stock, herbs, worchestershire, chilies, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, onion...whatever. Saute a bit or cookalongside the edges of the pan at the same time. Hit with some liquid such as: stock, water, tsp of bouillion, fish sauce, tomato juice, cream, citrus juice, balsamic, brandy, vermouth, wine. Simmer at very low heat now, even covered for a thicker cut, and leave it until it's lusciously tender. You can basically braise in your skillet if it's very tough meat. Works great for pork chops on the bone, btw. Swiss steak, rouladen, steak diane, all kinds of ideas to make food taste great after the sear, and nothing to do with the marinade. I think you'll end up with a better final product, anon.

>>9205898
>A dash of paprika
Paprika burns, but diced bell peppers, or roasted peppers from the jar don't. Try stirring paprika into sour cream though, for a lovely paprikash kind of pan sauce.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.