[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought one of these shits. Whats your fav recipies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (689KB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
689KB, 1000x737px
I just bought one of these shits.
Whats your fav recipies?
>>
>>9202939
>roommate digs one of these out of the pantry a few months ago
>makes the best god damn chicken and dumplings I've ever had in it
>won't fucking share the recipe
>won't make it again with me in the kitchen
Fuck people who keep secret family recipes an actual secret.
>>
>>9202939
I love making seafood gumbo in mine.
>>
File: 1500320992654.png (597KB, 733x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1500320992654.png
597KB, 733x1355px
>>9202939
Dude pretty much everything, Crock pots are cooking on easy mode. Get beef or what ever meat you want, turn it into little chunks. Get anything like carrots potatos onions cabbage tho it all in the pot with a few spices and then wait 8 hours and boom you have an amazing meal that you can easily reheat in the pot again the next day if you make enough.
>>
>>9202939
Tenderizes unattended. So you can braise a brisket given enough time with a can of italian whole tomatoes/stewed tomatoes or some kind of homemade liquid. St. Patricks boiled dinner (cabbage, onion, carrot, baby potatoes about halfway through) with corned beef is also a brisket that will get to the point of fall apart unmonitored. Just bake your soda bread, and dinner is done.

I like country style ribs cooked in a bit of beer or stock and onions, nothing else. Gently remove the falling apart pork, lay on foil lined cookie sheet and brush with glaze of choice, from a gingery jalapeno-red chile-hoisin asian glaze or teriyaki-pineapple or your favorite BBQ. Glaze both sides and get caramelized.

Every now and then I'll make beef stew, a beef burgundy kind of thing, but you should dredge and brown the meat all sides before placing in crock pot with my veggies and either wine, stock or just water. Sometimes I do a frozen chuck roast and the rest of my V8 jug. It's easy like that. Just shred the meat after cooking, then chilling overnight, and you have the beginning of a ropa vieja or vaca frita.

I contend there is NOTHING better in a crock pot you can't do better in your oven or braise in a nice le crueset. But, there is something very nice about being able to slowly cook something and still be able to leave your house to go see a movie or walk the dog, and you don't need to turn it off. Your kitchen is nice and clean when you plate your dinner, and it's nice to prepare ahead for someone else who will find dinner ready and the house smelling nice.
>>
>>9202947
Those people are the biggest faggots to ever live. I'd cum in his shampoo.
>>
>>9202947

what you need to do, is sprinkle the right amount of potassium chloride in the dish and he'll die from a heart attack that is undetectable as foul play.
>>
>>9202977
>Glaze both sides and get caramelized.
I meant to say broil to get the glaze cooked.
>>
its great for making delicious brisket
>>
File: completelystraight.png (791KB, 971x785px) Image search: [Google]
completelystraight.png
791KB, 971x785px
>>9202974
Indeed, sir. Indeed.
>>
>>9202939
My favorite thing to cook out of a crockpot is Mexican food, especially fajitas. The only thing is sometimes the meat is dry but don't feel bad if you have to cook it in a pan to make it juicer after it's done cooking in the crockpot. Experiment around and see what you can do would be the best advice.

>>9202947
Fuck these types of people.
>>
>>9202986
Pulled pork too. Just avoid any recipes that use bottled sauce and don't involve searing the pork shoulder first.
>>
>>9203015
Everyone skips that step. They don't know what they're missing out on.
>>
>>9203015
How long does pulled pork take in a slow cooker?
>>
>>9203043
Like 6-8 hours.
>>
>>9202974
I just slave away over my gumbo on the stove top. Do you make your rue separate first and then add it in?
>>
>>9202939
One I have liked for a while is foil packs, which includes any meat, potatoes, other vegetables, your choice of seasonings we like seasoning pepper, and a fat (usually butter for us). 8 hours on low.
>>
Ill get a cheap cut of meat (chuck roast, pork butt, ect.) sear that puppy in a pan with onion and garlic, deglaze the pan with a bit of stock and red wine then add the meat with veggies and the deglazing juice + extra stock and wine to the crock pot for hours. Makes great sandwitch stuff, or the great beginnings of soup or stew.
>>
>>9202977
good read. made my mouth water.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.