[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IKE'S?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ikes.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
ikes.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
Anyone here ever try an IKE'S Sandiwch?
There are a few locations in my area and people recommend it constantly but those people are the same people I see living off of a strict SUBWAY and McDonald"s diet
>>
>>9202016
Can't say that I have but that photo isn't at all appealing. In fact it looks some someone took a shit on a roll and covered it in ranch.
>>
I'm looking at their menu, pretty fucking expensive. What sandwich is that picture?
>>
>>9202053
yeah that is one of the things throwing me off. about 9-10 bucks a sandwich. I'm in northern California by the way and in Berkeley there doesn't seem to be a decent sandwich shop.

I have no idea but I saw they have a sandwich called the LEX LUTHOR that's priced at 40 dollars
>>
File: 1458884459646.jpg (6KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1458884459646.jpg
6KB, 350x300px
>>9202138
>>
>>9202138
my ex was from Northen Cali. I went to visit with her once and she told me about all these "amazing" places to eat. Went to some deli in Palo Alto she wouldn't shut up about. Paid good money for a mediocre sandwich. I guess there was a sentimental aspect to her praising the deli because it's what she grew up with but it wasn't anything special. Sometimes I think people equate more expensive=better

How's Berkeley? There's some really good food if you head in to San Fran I can say that for sure.
>>
>>9202245
yeah, I mean same thing happened to me. a couple places I absolutely swore by seemingly taste like dogshit according to my friends/exes.

that's definitely the vibe I get here. some of the worst food I've had and I can't figure it out until I've already spent 13.50 on a giant bland burrito. can't find decent Mexican food/wings up here. hell of a lot of garlic this and that thanks to Gilroy.

and now im just deciding on maybe buying some things to try my luck and make something like an Italian sub. recommendations?
>>
>>9202016
i was visiting san fran and saw the grand opening of an IKE's where the line stretched outside and around the block, idk apparently some people love it.
>>
>>9202286
I grew up in Berkeley.
If you want great Mexican, find this little bar in Albany called The Hotsy-Totsy and hit up the taco truck that parks outside in the late afternoon/evening. During the day they're in some part of Oakland that's not worth going into if you're not known there. Christopher's is a more expensive but solid option a few blocks down from Hotsy-Totsy. I remember liking their fajitas a lot when I was 12 or 13.
Can't help you on wings particularly.
One of Berkeley's better food memes is Top Dog. Go in there, get a calabrese, and smother the motherfucker in saurkraut. Like 4 bucks for a high-tier hot sausage.

To OP's question: The great thing about Ike's is that I can find their menu online, copy most of it, and get really good inspiration for quality sandwiches that don't cost half as much as some bullshit at Ike's.
>>
>>9202138

Montague's.
>>
>>9202016
Fuck you intern
>>
>>9202337

+1 for Hotsy Totsy and the truck. Bring cash.
>>
>>9203672

Summer here is the worst, J-1 Irish chads and everyone (interns and summer students alike) are tourists.
>>
Not impressed. Expensive, not too much filling and mediocre ingredients at best. Plus it's run by muslims, or at least halal and thus a good reason not to eat there.
>>
>>9202016
What is on that?
It looks like chicken finger and steak we call that a stinger here in Buffalo
>>
>>9203693
You don't actually care you fucking liberal arts graduate
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.