[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking close calls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Whew.jpg (52KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Whew.jpg
52KB, 600x300px
Yesterday I had started cooking some stir-fry and thought I had run out of soy sauce and started to panic. Turns out it was just pushed behind some other stuff in the shelf.

What're your cooking close calls.
>>
>>9193541
one I was making flied lice and thought I ran out of soy sauce. turns out I just used all the soy sauce before and forgot to buy more.

so I added some extra oil, marmite (for flavour) and ketchup (for some moisture). turned out OK!
>>
>>9193541
>and started to panic

Why? Soy sauce is rarely used in authentic stir-fry recipes. You don't need it.

Now, running out of doubanjiang or douchi would be reason to panic.
>>
went to friend's house for dinner and games, mid way trough a session of EDH I cast overloaded artifact destruction spell.
at the same time an explosion happens behind my friend in the kitchen area of his tiny apartment. his pressure cooker sends shrapnel and beans and meat everywhere.

I was almost fed chili with beans.
>>
Almost burned my apartment down with a grease fire. Fuck electric stoves man
>>
>>9193684
>soy sauce isn't used to stir fry
lolwhitemericanstalkingaboutfood

>>9193541
Yesterday, I was cooking crabs. I clean them while still alive. They were understandably very, very upset about the whole experience. I had no idea crabs jump. One tried to jump at my hand pinch me as I was about to grab him from behind to rip his claws off. He didn't nab me, but pretty close.
He was delicious, by the way.
>>
>>9193724
>>soy sauce isn't used to stir fry
>lolwhitemericanstalkingaboutfood

It's the white people who think that all Chinese food needs soy sauce, anon. You have it backwards.
>>
>pour cereal in bowl
>go to grab milk
>no milk
>have to either eat the cereal dry or try to put it back in the box wothout making a mess
>>
>>9193541
One time I was cooking some carbonara, my friend shot himself in the fucking head.
>>
>>9193795
just deep fry it, fucking idiot
>>
Day before yesterday I foolishly wore flip flops in the kitchen, and while slicing some fatty meat with my sharpest knife, it slipped out of my hand, and hit my leg twice on the way down, slicing my shin open at two spots, and then bouncing off my foot. I'm just thankful I didn't lose a toe or hit one of the veins on top of my foot.
>>
>>9193541
When my sister was young she accidentally set a frying pan on fire. Got up just in time to stop her from trying to put it out with water.
>>
>>9193795
that's what orange juice is for
>>
>>9193810
Carbonara is a meme and is overrated
>>
>>9193733
>only chinese food stir fries!
>chinese food rarely uses soy sauce to stir fry!
lolwhitemericanstalkingaboutfood
>>
>>9193721
What makes an electric stove specifically cause this?
>>
>>9194113
electric ranges get hotter than gas
>>
>>9194123
Oh
why not just put it at a lower setting then?
It's like blaming a sports car that you crashed it at 300kph
>>
>>9194123
>electric ranges get hotter than gas

You have that backwards man.

Besides, it takes nowhere near the maximum temp of either gas or electric to ignite an oil fire.
>>
>>9193684
on a scale of 1 to 11, how much mayo do you prefer on your subs?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.