[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so formulaic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Hotel_Hell.png (266KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Hotel_Hell.png
266KB, 500x375px
Why is it so formulaic?
>>
What I want to know is how many of the restaurants/hotels he visits even stay open? The show makes it seem like he's there for like4 or 5 days at most. All he does is put a band aid over what's wrong and Im sure the places he's "fixed" end up just as fucked up as before
>>
Because he's selling it to americans.
If you show them anything that they aren't already familiar with then they're gonna get confused and feel offended/bored.
>>
because Americans need their tv to be formulaic and with jump cuts and sound effects
>>
>>9192253
Why does a reality TV series have a format? Is that what you're asking?

>>9192284
Not hard to google the hotels
>>
>>9192296
And dramatic voice overs and music that tells them what to feel.
>>
>>9192284
There's actually a website that keeps track of all the different restaurants and hotels from both Kitchen Nightmares and Hotel hell.

The restaurants seem to do much better than the hotels. I felt especially bad for that one hotel that one dude from like Wyoming built with his own hands that was absolutely beautiful. He had location, wonderful establishment and a decent kitchen, especially after Ramsey was there. However, most of those hotels are too far into the red by the time they get on that show and they end up closing.

That said, Hotel Hell was a more entertaining show. Even if it was hella formulaic as OP said.
>>
>>9192308
Which hotel hell episode did you like best?
I feel like wasting an hour on the show.
>>
>>9192311
The one with the fag couple who live in an RV, or the one with the sisters who run a hotel with their dad's money
>>
>>9192326
definitely the fags in the RV episode.
>>
>>9192311
As >>9192326 said, the episode with the gays that run the rather nice looking, but horridly upkept lodge in the NE.

They're real fucked up and it's obvious to see why they failed.

Second to that would be the one about the (again) lodge type place in Oregon I? maybe somewhere else in the Pacific North West); where the divorced husband and wife run it, and the husband is a hardcord stoner that built it. The place is absolutely striking, but it's run as a 24/7 frat party and everything looks like a dorm that hasn't been upkept for 15 years.

Really, it's just a great show to kill time. I didn't even bother downloading it, just watched it on JewTube. To my knowledge, only the third season isn't available in its entirety (there's only like 2 episodes available).

One of the most lulzy is the one where the hotel is owned by Indians (dot) and all the stereotypes are on point. Lastly, the episode where the dude in his early thirties that built the hotel as a tribute to Ferrari cars with a kitchen that's located around the block is mildly-keky.

Like I said, it's great for wasting time, but it's horribly formulaic. Each episode is:

>Gordon arrives and either notices terrible shit or is amazed and wonders why he's needed there
>Gordon has lunch and is abhorred
>Gordon helps run dinner service and the kitchen is fixed 78% of the time and then 22% of the time he either walks or they fuck up constantly
>Gordon talks to the locals about the establishment
>Gordon helps redesign the accommodations and the lobby
>Gordon leaves on a positive note
>(not included in the shoot) the hotel closes , because it was beyond help, and the owners are left hilariously in debt.
>>
>>9192343
Final addendum:

It's a decent show, as I said, but you'll never see the shitshows like Amy's Baking Company that were on Restaurant Nightmares, again still completely worth wasting time with.
>>
>>9192253
holy fuck he looks young there
>>
the sports car hotel was so bogus. my main question is why a restaurant entrepreneur has a hotel management programme
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.