[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carne Picada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: picada.jpg (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
picada.jpg
273KB, 1600x1200px
I bought something similar to this pic a few days ago at the store. The package says "chuck blade carne picada" but I am clueless on how to make it. My first attempt (cooked in a skillet with peppers) resulted in meat that was almost inedible. Does anyone have advice on how I can turn the second package into something decent? I think my problem the first time around was that the meat wasn't cooked long enough to break down. My current plan is going to be some sort of slow cooker route, but I'd like some input from /ck/ if anyone wants to help me out.
>>
i was gonna buy some of this, saw it and looked good for tacos or something
>>
>>9190817
Make THIS
*unsheathes katana*
*teleports a million times around the room*
what are you watching, kid?
*stabs you through the back*
>>
>>9190821
Yeah. My original plan was steak fajitas but the meat never got tender.
>>
>>9190817
There's a lot of ways to do it. If panfrying doesn't work then it's either shitty mear or you're retarded.

personally I marinate it overnight with some tex/mex shit + acidity(lime/lemon juice) and sweetness(brown sugar, maple syrup, plain white sugar etc.). Pat it dry, spread it out on a baking tray and grill for 4 minutes on max temp, move it all about and grill it for another 4-5 minutes.

When it's done you mix it with bbq sauce and make some pulled meat sandwiches with it.
>>
>>9190850
Forgot to add that yes slowcooking would work since it's basically rib meat. but adjust your time since it's not on bone.
>>
>>9190838
>Yeah. My original plan was steak fajitas but the meat never got tender.
Ideal cut for fajitas is skirt steak, grilling, and cutting on the diagonal. That's a fact. If you want tender fast-cooked steak cooked in a pan or on a griddle like a mexican tacqueria style, you need marbling like a thinly sliced nystrip, or not overcooking something premium like filet (that's what teppanyaki cooks do). If you want tougher sirloin or meats meant for braising, but cheap per pound, then you need to realize that your mexican cook, is smacking the hell out of it with the spatula, beating it into tenderization, while browning it up, and he will also hit the meat with some vinegary seasoning from his squirt bottle, to lift up the browned fond on the griddle, but also to sort of fast-braise it with moisture and tenderizing lime juices. You can buy mojo criollo from Badia or Goya if you do not want to mock up your own.
If you want cheap meats and perfect tacos, you should look at barbacoa or braising a pork roast.for carnitas. Simmering a lean beef cut like eye of round isn't that great, but it's good for day 2 vaca frita.
>>
>>9190850
>>9190883
Thanks for the advice.
>>
You're supposed to stew that meat. You could try making barbacoa, carnitas, or something like that if you wanna try doing something Mexican.
>>
>>9190838
I picked some up a while back from the mexican market, and it was pretty good for the price.
Good for soft tacos
>>
>>9190817
Why is everyone trying to speak mexican in this thread?
>>
"Carne Picada" literally means "Minced Meat" it's not a special cut or anything like that, do you want it to be tender? Season with salt overnight or use a slow cooker.

I hate when english speakers use terms in other languages that have a perfectly mundane translation just to feel fancy.

Like seriously you can't call a cut of meat "Asada" when it's raw.
>>
>>9190817
This used to be my shit until the hipsters caught on and jacked up the price. Might as well just buy a fucking steak for christs sake.
>>
the same thing happened to me anon. stir fried it and it was tough as leather.

i would marinate it with lime and spices overnight and whack it good to tenderize
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.