[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite /ck/ recipe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1273.png (864KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1273.png
864KB, 640x1136px
I see a lot of threads that start "how do I make a ____ to impress thots??" Followed by people arguing and mcchickenposting.
Do any of you have recipes you got from this board that you love and still make? Graphics and pictures welcome.
>>
File: 20170618_135814.jpg (609KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170618_135814.jpg
609KB, 2048x1152px
The fermentation threads got me into fermenting my hot peppers instead of using vinegar. I'm planning on doing it again when my peppers ripen. They also got me to ferment cucumbers instead of the typical vinegar based and sauerkraut as well. I've been quite happy with how they've turned out.
>>
>>9190551
gurkins are honestly easier to make, tastier and healthier than pickled cucumbers, dunno why they aren't more popular
>>
>>9190551
Fascinating. What are the basic basics of fermentation? Anywhere I should look online or otherwise?
>>
>>9190567
We grow a couple of bushes of cucumbers for eating fresh and they produce so many extra I have to preserve a good amount. I never really thought about growing gerkins. I've never even seen any seeds for them.
>>
Can't say I've used any specific recipes from /ck/, but I've definitely taken a lot of inspiration from here. The obsession with quesadillas got me started making them, for example.
>>
>>9190650
This is good for fermenting cucumbers:

https://www.makesauerkraut.com/fermented-pickles/

I used the Serious Eats technique for sauerkraut:

http://www.seriouseats.com/amp/recipes/2016/12/homemade-fermented-sauerkraut-recipe.html

For the hot pepper sauce I just went by the info in a thread using a 5% brine and fermenting for 4 weeks. Ground them and added 1/4 of the volume vinegar to keep it shelf stable. Last year I used tabascos but this year I'll be using habaneros with garlic.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.