[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Kibble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

I'm getting kind of jaded about eating. Earlier, I looked in my fridge and just couldn't be assed to make a meal. I'm probably not going to eat dinner as a result of just not being in the mood to cook, order, or go out to eat tonight.

It's got me thinking that if there were a low-effort food that I could just make a bunch of all on a day where I'm not feeling like shit, and then I could eat it without preparing it or anything (right now, I'm not even in the mood to bother microwaving any leftovers or boxed food), that would be a good thing to have on hand.

So, I thought about kibble. Dogs eat that shit all the time, and nothing else. It's gotta be nutritionally complete, then. Why isn't there a kibble for humans?

I'm not talking about meal-replacement bars or drinks or anything. Just like some dry food you can pour into a bowl and eat however much you need to eat for the day.

The closest thing I could think of to Human Kibble is cereal, but I can't eat enough of that shit to sate me. I'll get full, but I'll still be hungry, if you know what I mean. Also, I don't think Cereal by itself is nutritionally complete, at least the ones I've found.

How would one go about making human kibble?
>>
File: Bachelor-chow.jpg (28KB, 337x300px) Image search: [Google]
Bachelor-chow.jpg
28KB, 337x300px
>>9190135
... Why not just eat dog food?
>>
>>9190135
I survived for about 4 years on Wheaties, Rice Crispies, and Honey Bunches of Oats without any ill effects. Maybe twice a month I'd eat a frozen burrito, some cheese and crackers or a few slices of pizza.
>>
>>9190146
Pretty sure that's how you get gout. Otherwise, I've got a sack of Purina downstairs with no one's name on it. (My dog died last month)
>>
File: tumblr_m9yhvklSF01rre6g7o1_500.png (230KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9yhvklSF01rre6g7o1_500.png
230KB, 500x381px
>>9190154
I'll never be able to think about gout without being reminded of Bobby Hill
>>
>>9190135
Rice, beans, and the occasional leafy green is all you need to sustain a human body
>I'm not talking about meal-replacement bars or drinks or anything.
That's kind of exactly what you're looking for though right? You should try soylent. People who replace every meal with it are 100% insane but I think you would appreciate it as a meal replacement here and there.
>>
cant you just mix trail mix with chex mix?
>>
>>9190194
I was hoping to just have like a box in the fridge or cupboard that I could pour something out of into a bowl on an as-needed basis. Meal bars and etc. tend to be portioned for certain servings, don't they? I don't think I could just eat 750 calories worth, it would have to be like some multiple of 300 or something.

>>9190199
Would that be good enough?
>>
Since you're obviously not concerned with flavor, just finely grind different meats and mix in a cooked starch like potatoes or rice, add some bread crumbs, and a variety of blended vegetables and fruit. Spread thinly on trays and dehydrate in your oven at 170F or a dehydrator. Break it into bite size pieces. Done.
>>
>>9190135
I suggest being treated for depression, anon.
>>
>>9190218
Holy shit, this is a good idea.

>>9190221
Also a good idea, but seems like a bigger process. I understand that depression isn't something to just let stew about, but I'm aware enough that I need to be taking care of myself as the initial steps of overcoming it. I need something to fall back on in moments like this so that I don't resort to the "I'll just not eat solution."

I've been doing a lot of stuff like this lately to make taking care of myself a lot easier, like putting a laundry basket against the wall in my room so that I can just throw my clothes into it, rather than having the Dirty Clothes Chair(tm).
>>
File: consider the following 14.jpg (23KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following 14.jpg
23KB, 343x284px
>>9190146
After reading into it I've come to the conclusion that dog food is 90% human compatible. There's a different balance of vitamins and minerals. Dog food's brute force addition of vitamins would be a problem in the long run. Too much vitamin A can lead to a lot of bad shit according to wikipedia. There's also more fat in dog food than proper human food since dogs burn fat for energy more than we do, but our diets can be so unhealthy that I doubt the difference would be significant. All the problems I've read don't relate to dog food itself, but to production errors. Chink additives can be fatal. Chinks don't give a shit. Brands give the chink factories a slap on the wrist for 10,000 dead dogs or cats to pretend they care. In short it'd be a nice calorie rich addition to a kibble, but using it as kibble itself will do damage in the long term.
>>
>>9190135
>Just like some dry food you can pour into a bowl and eat however much you need to eat for the day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muesli

Supplement with jerky as needed.

Most breakfast cereals are shit for satiety because refined grains and not much fiber.
>>
File: IMG_0790.jpg (406KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0790.jpg
406KB, 1600x1600px
>>9190579
Muesli master race
>>
>>9190593
>>9190579
Could you guys explain what this term is about?
Muesli belt malnutrition

Everyone literally just copies the fucking wikipedia sentence saying that "Muesli belt malnutrition is a term coined by some fuckface."
>>
File: Bachelor_Chow_TV_Ad.png (255KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bachelor_Chow_TV_Ad.png
255KB, 640x480px
>>9190135
Bachelor Chow Fucking WHEN??
>>
File: IMG_0651.jpg (432KB, 300x9900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
432KB, 300x9900px
>>9190579
Would go with this post.

You sound pretty fucking based, OP, I'm not gonna lie.
>>
>>9190135

reminded me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9HMej4NmBw
>>
>>9190680
Just seems like it means adults applying what they think is a healthy diet to children could be hurting them, e.g. a low fat vegan diet which would be bad for most growing kids. It's not specifically related to muesli on its own unless you think muesli can replace meat or other high protein foods which it can't, but it's still good to eat.
>>
File: 20170719_204116.jpg (147KB, 410x548px) Image search: [Google]
20170719_204116.jpg
147KB, 410x548px
>>9190715

They already make Slurm, so soon probably.
>>
File: Cheerios.jpg (52KB, 1000x521px) Image search: [Google]
Cheerios.jpg
52KB, 1000x521px
>>9190135
Yes there is human Kibble
>>
>>9190135
..sooooo, crunchy soylent?
>>
>>9190422
>what is human vs animal grade food
>>
>>9190236
>Holy shit, this is a good idea.
it's literally nutriloaf
>>
>>9190135
Is nobody gonna recommend monkey chow?

Seriously?
>>
Your gonna want vitamens and shit, and your basic nutrition, as well as reasonable amounts of calories and protien and fiber

Honestly idk if you can make kibble but you can easily make soups and stews you can package and reheat to fit the bill.
>>
BLACK BEANS 1 CUP
RED LENTILS 1 CUP
ADD MULTIVITAMEN

This is 1000 calories. you can survive on 2 servings of this a day and be nutritionally complete
>>
File: IMG_0675.jpg (76KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.jpg
76KB, 500x427px
>>9191110
Am I wrong to say that prisoners were being a bitch about nutraloaf? I made one and it wasn't bad at all with plenty of salt and a tangy beverage.
>>
File: 1500152617584.jpg (97KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500152617584.jpg
97KB, 1000x1000px
USE BANANAS AS SNACKS TO SUPPLEMENT IN BETWEEN MEALS YOU MORON. THE TRICK IS TO LEARN HOW TO RIPEN THEM AT HOME FIRST. BANANAS COME PREPACKAGED AND READY TO EAT.

If you're too fat to eat fruit, try buying Dinty Moore dinners. They look just like single-serve dog foods, but they taste like an amazing home cooked meal. Way better than canned shit.
>>
>>9190135
Whey protein, peanut butter, sugar, oats/bran whatever for fiber. Mix it all up and form in into balls or bars or whatever u want and put em in ur freezer and eat em cold whenever. Ur gonna wanna take a multi vitamin tho still. Or just grind up a few vitamins and mix it in your human kibble
>>
>>9191214
Taking a look at it, as long as you actually seasoned it/prepared it as a food stuff rather than a punishment, I think it would be fine

The problem of course was it was being used as a punishment
>>
>>9190135
So you want what already exists in bar, drink, etc form except those are somehow unacceptable to you?
>>
>>9190186
ILL TELL YOU WHEN IVE HAD
ENOUGH
>>
>>9191222
I thought it was from more of a price-point perspective. Not to veer off into political debate territory, but prisons are a for-profit business and it makes sense for them to spend as little as possible.
>>
>>9190579
i tried muelsi. in tases horrible. I couldn't even down one bite. not worth it
>>
>>9191244
Nah, it's used as a punishment for violent prisoners who attack guards and shit. They serve it because it's nutritionally complete and you don't need utensils to eat it (eat it with your hands like a goddamn animal) so they don't have to give the prisoner anything that could be used as a weapon.

I mean you aren't wrong about US prisons, but in this case it has more to do with the debate over the purpose of prisons and how we approach rehabilitation than the debate over for profit prisons
>>
>>9190135
OP, I get your request of wanting some kind of no cooking instantly ready food, and I suggest that it really isn't a pain to cook homemade food and enjoy it later, from the freezer or the ziploc. You just need to be a little proactive and not lazy, so you have food at hand. Intersperse your industrious cooking mood days with some midweek dining out, of course.

You should have something easy for each mood you find yourself in. If it's asian, you could have steam-in-bag rice and some homemade pot stickers ready to go. If its healthy, have some precleaned celery and carrot sticks and great dip, if its hearty italian, your lasagna casserole could be taken out a square at a time, independently heated, as well as those garlic knots. That block of cheddar can be pushed into the processor with the jar of pimentos and your pimento cheese on crackers mood is done. Taboulleh salad can get some extra lemon or feta to become a meal. The gyro meatloaf you made can be sawed off and made into an instant sandwich. Those individual meatloaves you made in muffin cups, ready for a work sandwich or a dinner. While you roast a sunday turkey breast, you can be hard boiling some eggs, you'll easily uncrack them and make a quick sandwich with them on Wednesday. Make a tray of granola and store it airtight to top your yogurt, or enjoy at midnight, or top a hot sliced apple crisp in the microwave. Cookies, jerky, homemade snack mix, pretzels from your freezer for enjoyment with mustard. Get cooking.
>>
i heard raw castor beans are crunchy, store well, and are very good for you, even in large quantities
>>
>>9190135
>I'm not talking about meal-replacement bars or drinks or anything.
Why not? Solitary sailors and trekkers survive months with just that. And they don't taste too bad.
>>
File: RB Rendering Plant 04.jpg (59KB, 640x516px) Image search: [Google]
RB Rendering Plant 04.jpg
59KB, 640x516px
>>9190422
Most cheap dog food is made from boiled down diseased cats and dogs and deadstock (look up rendering plants)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170719-225245.jpg (106KB, 663x510px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170719-225245.jpg
106KB, 663x510px
>>9191497
Jesus Christ how horrifying
>>
>>9190135
Go with frozen veg, soba/hokkien noodles and some eggs and chicken. That shit can all be made really fast except the chicken. Season according to desire, has all the nutrients you need too.
>>
>>9191248
Mix with yoghurt and honey to make it palatable.
>>
When I have lost my appetite I usually go.for.a smoothie with vanilla ice cream, banana, 2 raw eggs, flax seed and honey.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.