[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HALP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1494176862002.png (70KB, 556x430px) Image search: [Google]
1494176862002.png
70KB, 556x430px
I just moved into an apartment with no dishwasher (poorfag life) and I'm spending almost as much on dishes as I am on cooking, minus time in the oven and etc.

Wat do. It's killing my motivation to cook, it's reached the point I don't see cooking as a hobby as being feasible anymore. HELP IM A SPOILED BRAT TELL ME WHAT TO DO
>>
>>9188818
Wash as you cook, you idiot
>>
>>9188825
/thread
>>
>>9188818
Your food obviously isn't good enough to warrant doing dishes. Git gud faggot
>>
>>9188818
If you live alone, stuff can get pretty nasty with minimal risk, as long you're only dealing with plants :^)
>>
>>9188818
Use paper plates and plastic cutlery you lazy faggot
>>
>>9188818
Buy a desktop washing machine.
>>
>>9188818
Not sure why time to do dishes is more than dishwasher, really. Maybe your set up is crap.

Go buy
1) a dishpan, that tub that you can fill with sudsy hot water, or rinsewater w/ bleach and set it to the side of your sink.
2) a draining rack that is external to your sink, or a drain pad that is absorbent and can be tossed in thte washer (get a couple of them).
3) Great brush, long handled, with scraper edge, two or three choices in scrubby sponge, at least one that is good for rough food or gentle for delicate crystal. Dont just have a rag. If you do a lot of pots which arent nonstick, go buy nonstick for fastest cleanup of a rice pot, or scrambled egg breakfast, for instance.
4) gloves might not hurt, if you dont want to keep washing your own hands. Stack of towels to dry your hands on, dry big pots, so you arent going through your paper towels too fast.

Fill up the tub before you cook, and drop in anything that needs a soak. Your goal is to have nothing more to clean than your actual dinner plate and glass by the time you are done. You have dished out leftovers into tupperware to cool and cover, and your pots are cleaned while still warm, or parked in the oven. Soak up that sponge, and keep washing as you go, that knife and cutting board are scrubbed and drying while you dry your hands and go to the next step. You will be getting better in your pacing and timing, knowing that your rice is steaming the final 10 minutes before you even cook up your sides, etc. You will also figure out that certain meals, like those that contain pasta are a bigger pain in the ass to cleanup, with everything ready at the last minute, but if you do it while its hot, its better than 10 minutes later when the starch sticks on and dries. You will probably decide to cook more one pot meals, and dirty less plates overall. Dont be afraid to use paper plates from time to time, too.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.