[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slow cookers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (8KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 384x384px
What does /ck/ use their slow cooker for? All I've really done is pulled pork by first putting it in ginger beer for 6h on low, draining and then shredding with bbq sauce but I'm trying to expand my options since it's such low effort for cooking
>>
>>9187080
I've made chili a few times. I like it
>>
>>9187080
I used id for beans, but then I got a pressure cooker.
>>
>>9187080
We used to always make split pea soup on cold winter days. It was comfy as fuck with some warm Italian bread
>>
>enchiladas
>fajitas
>chili
>pork chops
>ribs

It honestly works best when I make Mexican food.
>>
>SIMPLE SLOW COOKER PULLED PORK

Ingredients:
-1.6 kg (4 lbs) pork roast (shoulder or loin are good
-1 large onion
-2 green apples, granny smith are good
-1/4 cup honey
-1 cup stock
-3 tbsp garlic
-2 tbsp smoked paprika
-2 tbsp cumin
-1 tbsp salt
-1 tsp black pepper
-BBQ sauce

Method:
1- leave out meat to reach room temperature and turn on slow cooker to warm up
2- Chop both the apples and onion into fine slices and sit them in the cooker with the stock and honey
3- Trim the fat off the pork and dry rub the meat with the spices and salt (you can let the meat sit for a day before cooking for extra flavour if you have time)
4- Place the pork in the pot and cook for at least 6 hours, overnight is good too.
5- Using 2 forks, shred the pork apart and drain the liquid off into a container if you want a gravy (you'll need to thicken it with a roux if so) but otherwise you can strain the lquid off and toss the shredded meat in BBQ sauce and serve topped with the onions and apples.

alternative ideas like using some stout in the cooking liquid or replacing honey with apple juics or cider are worth trying if they suit your tastes.
>>
Lamb shoulder / shanks
Chili
Beef stew
Veggie soup
Bolognese sauce
Corned beef
Whole chicken
Osso bucco or however you spell it

By whatever cheap nasty hunk of meat is on special and get creative.
>>
How do I into beef stew? I tried once with blade steak, onions, potatoes, tomatoes and carrots but it cooked too watery and then refridgerated into almost a sludge once I added some roux to thicken it up
>>
>>9187216
Did you cook it on high?
>>
>>9187222
It was in for like 8 hours on low
>>
>>9187232
Also if it matters I layered it with potato chunks on the bottom, then tomatoes, onions carrots etc until beef at the top and then added water up to the halfway point because I didn't want anything to burn, is my issue just that I added way too much water?
>>
>>9187232
Try adding some cream and a little bit of flour next time. Just a little of each, though, too make the liquid thicker.
>>
>>9187080
Wife uses it for everything. She gets up in the morning, puts a roast that's had a nice soak or dressed chicken, and leaves it for like 6 hours while she does other shit around the house like cut my hair or shave my beard. Shit is cash because after 6 hours she throws in some veggies and cooks for another hour and it's all ready. So fucking delicious I swear I am the luckiest manlet alive.
>>
>>9187194
>simple
Yeah, no.
3-5lbs boneless pork shoulder. Cut into 8 chunks and throw in a pan. Salt. Brown each side for 30 seconds. Scrape pan with fork and add enough water to almost cover pork. High for 4 hours.
>>
si el arroz sale delicioso humm rico
>>
File: 20170718_212020.jpg (4MB, 3774x2660px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_212020.jpg
4MB, 3774x2660px
Just made some goat in mine. Tender goat is the goat
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.