[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone here have a higher-end microwave with stuff like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: B00785MYBS-main.jpg (27KB, 775x501px) Image search: [Google]
B00785MYBS-main.jpg
27KB, 775x501px
does anyone here have a higher-end microwave with stuff like inverter technology?
is it worth it to upgrade?
>>
>>9186988

Normally when you press the power-level button on a microwave, it sets the percentage of the time that your microwave is actually cooking (ie, at 50% power, it's only putting out microwaves 50% of the time).

The only difference with the fancy inverters is that they always are on 100% of the time, and the inverter actually changes the power level to whatever percent.

Other shit to look out for is that it actually lets you put in a fucking time, and not the garbage "LOL YOU PRESS 3 YOU GET THREE MINUTES" bullshit that most have been peddling, as if people are so retarded they can't figure out how to type "1 0 0 START" to go for a minute.
>>
What's an 'inverter'?
>>
>>9186999
See
>>9186997
>>
>>9186988
I just wish some other fast form of cooking existed.
Think about it though. Microwave technology is old tech. 70+ years old. In that time we have yet to come up with a new or better way of heating food. I just want something with that crisp dry baked taste instead of a hot soggy one.
>>
I don't own a microwave, or a television, or a death cage. Or quartz watches. Or automatic watches. Or watches with a date window or other ridiculous complications, or that lack an variable-inertia balance wheel. Shoes with non-leather soles upset me. Same with shirts with fused collars or cuffs. None of the fragrances I wear were designed after 1979. Outerwear is natural fibers only, although I make an allowance for viscose lining due to practicality. I don't use cartridge razors. In the shower, the only soap I need is castile soap.

In the kitchen, I grind my spices with a stone mortar and pestle. All of my knives are made of steel that rusts when abused, but that's not a problem because I do not abuse my knives. My coffee is made in the normal way (what you hipsters call "pourover" but I reject this term). Whole milk only. Yogurt must never be sweetened. Water should be consumed at room temperature.

I'm not sure how we got onto the topic of my superiority (to no one in particular, but if you are included then don't take it personally). I just thought you should know many people can do better without such awful things as a microwave. Feel free to report this post if it bothers you. I'm only trying to help.
>>
>>9187221
Ever heard of a toaster oven?
>>
>>9186997
>it actually lets you put in a fucking time, and not the garbage "LOL YOU PRESS 3 YOU GET THREE MINUTES" bullshit that most have been peddling

I've never seen a microwave with quick time buttons that doesn't also let you enter a specific time manually. Usually it's an extra key press.
>>
I have one with convection and mixed settings and an inverter. I have no idea how much it costs, frankly I still prefer cooking things the normal way but it can do some tasks I have nothing else for such as dehydration manual broiling (I.E. Time temp with no shut off, Like an oven) etc. Also it cooks chicken without making it disgusting some how, it has a whole chicken setting. If I wasn't so obsessed with cooking and browsed more fit, I'd probably use it everyday as it can physically cook anything very quickly. Baked potato? 8 minutes. Liquid cheese? 40 seconds. Really though I got this feeling a regular microwave can do all of this, I just don't feel like doing the guess work.
I wouldn't buy one, but since I have one it's nice.
>>
>>9186988
IMHO, all the fancy "add-ons" to microwaves are superfluous. Get one with the highest output power you can find. Most stores will only sell up to 1100W microwaves. You can always turn the power level down.
I have a 1300W w/ inverter. You can't really tell any difference between inverter or PWM based power levels. I can damn sure tell the difference between 1300W on high and 1100 on high. For the love of god do not buy some 700-900W microwavelet. Shoot for 1200W+ if you can find them.
>>
>>9186988
If you get one with an actual oven in it then you can save some countertop space.
>>
>>9187283
Not as quick as a microwave.
>>
>>9187221
Then bake it or toast it you fucking retard.
>>
>>9186988
I don't microwave stuff at all anymore. Most of what I eat that needs cooking is pressure steamed or baked.
>>
>>9186997
>1 0 0 start
>not 6 0 start
never gonna make it
>>
>>9186997
>>9187317
Only a select few non-residential use microwaves do this. Even the cheapest of the cheap new microwaves have the ability for true numbers
>>
>>9187283
It is not very efficient in reheating a single bowl of soup
>>
>>9186988
Panasonic also sells some with vortex technology or something like that.
I guess it changes the beam output direction to prevent hot spots and cook more evenly. I have a 1300w inverter model from them which I like.

I hate all these presets and buttons microwaves have. I want a microwave with a dial, power, timer, and clear buttons. Just click the dial to start something like that.
>>
>>9188964
You want your soup to be crispy?
>>
>>9186999
When you press power/start the microwave implodes.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.