[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are either of these worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: LUXURY SCOTCH.jpg (582KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
LUXURY SCOTCH.jpg
582KB, 1224x1632px
Are either of these worth it?
>>
>>9178142
Doesn't matter
>>
not really unless you're a rich enthusiast. remember that this board is full of mongoloids that unironically believe all alcohol tastes like shit and only serves the purpose of getting drunk, so you arent going to get any serious answers.
>>
>>9178142
Left one is worth every single penny.
>>
Any bottle of wine over $50 is a scam.
Any whiskey over $80 is a scam.
There, I just saved you the trouble of getting sucked into "le so refined!" alcohol culture memes.
>>
>>9178142
wearing fedora

faggot
>>
>>9178142
If you have to ask on /ck/ the answer is most likely no.
I suppose the target group are mostly pretentious idiots with too much money on their hand (bankers, hedge fonds manager and Donald jr. types) who want to impress their equally clueless friends.
>>
alcohol DOES NOT taste good

people who drink this shit are only pretending they like it. MMMM this DISTILLED POISON AGED IN BURNT WOOD REALLY TICKLES MY MICROPENIS

FUCK ALCOHOLFAGS
>>
>>9178438
>I like to read and post in all alcohol related threads because I hate alcohol

Makes sense. Never change, /ck/.
>>
>>9178438

Unironickly, this.
>>
>>9178438
actually made me laugh well played

while im sure there are people who drink for image, good scotch is a comfy ass drink
>>
>>9178155
There is literally no difference between Smirnoff vodka and those two bottles.
>>
>>9178171
This is fairly accurate. After a certain pricepoint in any alcohol category, it turns into 99% posturing
>>
>>9178607
Wat
>>
>>9178438
This desu.
Also how the California wine industry got a huge boost in the 70s during a blind tasting by a british wine expert with the snobbiest French pro wine enthusiasts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Spurrier_(wine_merchant)
>>
>>9178438
this desu i still do it thooo
>>
>>9178142
>Ask attendant to let you see the bottle
>Takes it out of the case and hands it to you
>"accidentally" drop it on the floor and it breaks
Whoops.
>>
Total Wine!! My nigga.
>>
>>9179395

Implying they would hand a random slob a 2500 dollar bottle of booze
>>
They'd both be really good, sure. But Like another anon said, You could get something very enjoyable for around 80$ (I'm going to bump that up to the 200$ range). I've had some scotch and also cognac, which i believe is much better and more enjoyable, for around 100-200$ and would suggest starting with something a bit cheaper.
Depends on where you live, gutrot booze here is around 20$ a bottle. So something that's like 50$ is not bad, 80$ will be noticeably better, and the 200$ range is "better" but in all honesty, not 120$ better.

Hope that makes sense. If you have so much money, you have no idea what to do with it, you should consider donating to a charity or something.
>>
>>9179395
I think they love when this shit happens, cause they just sold a 2grand bottle of booze.

they'll have the cops get the money from you no biggie
>>
I'm sure they're very nice but I'd say probably not. There's a certain point where you stop paying for quality and flavour and start paying for age and rarity. Anything over 16 is getting to the latter.

Some no age statement stuff is great.
>>
>>9178142
I'm going to have to sadly claim pleb status and say neither one would be better to my unrefined palate than a bottle of Hibiki 21 year (some damn good stuff) or speyburn 25 year old.

>>9178171
true.

>>9178607
faggot, yes there is.

first of all, those bottles dont say smirinoff. second of all, your a faggot
>>
File: JAJAJAJAJA.jpg (26KB, 511x340px) Image search: [Google]
JAJAJAJAJA.jpg
26KB, 511x340px
>>9178438
Poor bait.
>>
>>9181137
*you're
>>
No unless you have the money to spend.
You can get a Brora 35 year old for the same price as the Macallan 25 and it'll blow the socks off that shit. Use your palate and bang for buck to determine what YOU'D be willing to spend for good whisky.
>>9178171
Compare your sub-$80 Glendronach 12 to a 1990 Balblair and you'll taste the difference for the money which comes with the age and the cask selection you fucking nonce.
>>9178438
Underage detected

Also I'm going to Vegas next week, any good whisk(e)y bars in the area? Any good liquor stores where I can get a bottle to keep me going for the next week?
>>
>>9178438
pimms tastes good tho
>>
>>9178142

These are absolutely NOT worth it. Macallan is the oft spoke of toddler scotch that might as well be a fucking brandy. Faggy notes of caramel and sugar.

If that's what you think scotch is, then you'll enjoy it, but it's just fucking awful in my opinion. As uncomplex as koolaid. I don't mean to be so pissy but I spent $130 on Macallan 18 fine oak and loathed it.
>>
>>9183246
Your exaggerating pretty hard there, it's not bad but its nowhere worth the price obviously.
Of course shit like older Balblair, Glendronach, Glen Garioch, Benriach and so on will be better for less for obvious reasons
>>
File: retard alert.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>paying more than $30 for a bottle of liquor

and $30 is pushing it
>>
>>9178142
I bought the 15 and it was pretty good, I've heard it's actually better than the 20-25.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.