[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legit, real world question: Is anyone here ServSafe certified?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: FSS.jpg (257KB, 900x457px) Image search: [Google]
FSS.jpg
257KB, 900x457px
Legit, real world question: Is anyone here ServSafe certified? If so, did it help you get a job? Was it waste of time/money?

Currently looking for a culinary job and was told having the certificate would help my chance quite a bit. Anybody here dealt with it?
>>
On another note, breakfast was always the tits at the dining facilities at military bases. Every other meal was hit-or-miss. Mostly miss.
>>
>>9175291
ex-army, and this is full truth
>>
I knew I should have picked a different image...
>>
Yes and no. It's always good to have more experience and it's cheap to have that certificate on your resumé. But don't expect a fine dining place to bend over backwards for you because of it.

Short answer: if you have the time and money go for it.
>>
File: Classic_blunders.png (34KB, 1344x174px) Image search: [Google]
Classic_blunders.png
34KB, 1344x174px
>>9175380
I really don't get to use this image as often as I'd like
>>
>>9175400
Good advice, Anon. Next time I'll use those nudes your mom sent me.
>>
>>9175022
What the fuck, it's like 60 bucks and an hour online. How retarded are you that this is a debate
>>
>>9175022

Most places don't require it, but if you're going to get hired by somewhere that does require it, they'll generally pay for the certification themselves.
>>
I've had servsafe for 6 years, only two out of four of my employers asked for a copy of it.
Currently going back to school to get food safety certification. I would like to work in quality control or as a health inspector in the future.

I think having servsafe just shows your employer that you are knowledgable about keeping food at a safe temperature and you know how to avoid cross contamination. Don't expect somebody to hire you because you have this. It should make it easier on them because you'll be ready to get to work and they won't have to worry about you doing something stupid and getting people sick. (like not washing your hands properly, not using FIFO order, not keeping food at the correct temperature)
>>
File: 200_s.gif (42KB, 306x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
42KB, 306x200px
>>9175022
They don't even have the decency to make us good breakfast here mostly coffee and bread. All other meals are bland almost tasteless but after the first bite you just don't care because of the hunger. Seeing how they have to feed a bootcamp of 1600 people here i don't blame them. Also stop whining and eat it.
>>
File: 1480065095855.jpg (84KB, 1024x805px) Image search: [Google]
1480065095855.jpg
84KB, 1024x805px
>>9175022
>prison-food bags for Marines in the field
>>
>>9177677
I'd let Steve ravage my boipucci tbqh

No homo tho
>>
>>9175022
I am. It's entirely more likely to get you a job in the food service, mostly because McDonalds doesn't want to wait for you to get it. That said, >>9176589 is right. The fuckers NEVER ask for it. You could put it on your resume and they'd probably never know the damn difference.

You'll need one to work in the food industry if you're an American, though. They ARE legally required. Once you get one, it'll expire every few years but you don't have to retest or anything, you just have to call them up to get a new one.
>>
>>9175022
I ate at a lot of chow halls in the Marines. If you can serve us food you're probably trained well enough to feed zoo animals at a minimum, that seemed to be the standard.
>>
>>9177397
FUCKING BOOT
>>
>>9175022
I think it has it's place.
I think for places like hotels and large corporate and other large dining facilities it's a useful thing to put on your resume.
For where I work it doesn't matter because our county's DoH are super strict and are probably more rigid than any SS standards. And, from personal experience, cruise lines require CDC training (which they provide).
It certainly couldn't hurt to have it.

>>9175291
>>9175313
How many people were the cooks cooking for? Wasn't anyone trained to cook before cooking/managing mess?
Someone who knows what they're doing can make crappy products into decent tasting food.
I find this odd.
>>
>>9175291
>breakfast was tits at the DFAC
Clearly you've never been to Hood because they even fuck up god damn scrambled eggs here.
WHY DO YOU MAKE AN OMELETTE THEN CHOP IT INTO SHREDS.
HOLY FUCK ITS JUST SCRAMBLED EGGS HOW IS THIS BEYOND YOU.

I'm so glad my barracks has a god damn kitchen now.
>>
>>9175022
My dad is and he says not really, its just a requirement for managers.
>>
File: dJIeZ1S.jpg (58KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
dJIeZ1S.jpg
58KB, 564x846px
>>9177397
>they have to feed a bootcamp of 1600 people

whoa, Keemosabie. There is a YUUGE difference between a FMF chow hall and an MCRD chow hall. Shut the fuck up until you know something, Jodie.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.