[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a potato salad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 145.jpg (86KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
145.jpg
86KB, 400x300px
This is a potato salad.
>>
>>9172670
true
>>
>>9172670
>>
>>9172767
I marathoned all those threads
What did I think of them
>>
>>9172782
you enjoyed them
>>
File: soup and sandwich.jpg (65KB, 525x379px) Image search: [Google]
soup and sandwich.jpg
65KB, 525x379px
>>9172670
I like to enjoy a nice soup and sandwich in the morning
>>
File: soup and sandwich.png (231KB, 751x305px) Image search: [Google]
soup and sandwich.png
231KB, 751x305px
>>9172899
yup, what a great way to start the day!
>>
>>9172767
I like that I'm the reason that he doesn't use the first image anymore.
>>
>>9172934
why is that?3302Why is that?
>>
>>9172941
Because I reasoned beyond a shadow of a doubt that the original image isn't potato salad, while OP's image is because it meets the criteria of a salad, assuming it's cold.
>>
File: whatisasandwich.jpg (192KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
whatisasandwich.jpg
192KB, 1200x825px
>>9172948
What was the argument?
I find this interesting. As far as I can tell, I started the sandwich argument going around. I originally posted this.
>>
>>9172966
A salad is defined as a mix of cold vegetables chooped and usually served dressing. For something to count as a salad it has to meet a reasonable amount of those criteria.

It is cold, chopped veg, but not mixed and without a dressing. He argued that ketchup was a dressing, but since it's not purpose made to be a dressing you can only classify it as such when you use it as a dressing. In the original image it was served on the side as a dipping sauce.

Because this OP's image douses the chips in the ketchup, it's arguably a salad as it meets 3 salad requirements.
>>
>>9172948
>>9173017
the temperature has nothing to do with it, traditional german potato salads are served warm/hot. i've eaten chick pea salads that were served warm before as well
>>
>>9173017
What do you call tuna salad?
>>
>>9173017
>you can only classify it as such when you use it as a dressing

What the fuck? This is so wrong. "Dressing" is just a naming convention. It's just a sauce, which ketchup also is.
>>
>>9173017
So bleu cheese is not a salad dressing when served with wings? I'm not buying it.
>>9173084
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>9172670
>it's another thread where people get autistic about naming conventions
Call it whatever the fuck you want, language evolves over time and if calling french fries a potato salad becomes the newest trend then so be it.
>>
>>9173132
This was a mistake
>>
>>9172670
make it mayo and you're right
>>
>>9173115
>I just dropped by to mention that I have nothing to contribute
>>
>>9172908
Can anyone really argue that a hot dog is not a sandwich?
It seems way more reasonable to call it that than calling cereal "soup"
>>
>>9172767
So does dude just keeping getting 3 day bans for this shit?
See you in 4 days, OP.
>>
>>9173064
Germans lost the war because of shit like this. They don't even speak english, so the point is moot.
>>9173076
Tuna salad has veg in it
>>9173084
Dressing is a type of sauce, if you use ketchup as a dressing it becomes a dressing. If you use it as a dip it becomes a dip. I argued that dressing was a subcategory of sauces based on its application.
>>9173108
No, it's a dipping sauce. That's why you call it ranch dip or blue cheese dip. Maybe if you poured it over your wings like a mong.
>>
>>9173733
>They don't even speak english
Almost all of them do, nearly flawlessly.
>>
>>9173744
Obviously not, since they don't know what a salad is.
>>
>>9173733
I dip my wings in blue cheese dressing
>>
>>9173953
You dip your wings into a salad? Whatever, man, you do you.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.