[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ck/ know about Mate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: club_mate_05.png (118KB, 138x539px) Image search: [Google]
club_mate_05.png
118KB, 138x539px
Does /ck/ know about Mate?
>>
>>9170590
What is it.
>>
Tell me about Mate
>>
>>9170770
A type of soda which is pretty popular in Germany.
It's made from mate-tea
>>
It's really popular among computer hackers, apparently. I keep thinking about ordering some but it's really expensive to get in the US because of shipping and shit.
>>
Im guessing it is an acquired taste, but to me it tastes like carbonated bitter tea, which it is.
>>
>>9170590
Nah mate. Tell me about Mate, mate.
>>
File: pajarito pack.jpg (82KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pajarito pack.jpg
82KB, 750x1000px
>>9170590
club-mate is alright, but the real thing is better
>>
File: 1-mate-thermo.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1-mate-thermo.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
>>9170590
I literally live in a mate drinking society, and people usually carry hot water to drink it.
But for a cold drink I prefer guaranĂ¡ soda.
>>
>>9170590
No, mate. What is Mate?
>>
It's pretty shit, the pomegranate one is decent though.
>>
I love regular mate, as it is much healthier than coffee, and has a ritual to it. Although people in eastern europe look at it and go "woah, the fuck is this?", so I rarely use it outside of home/office.
>>
File: cejrowski.jpg (69KB, 680x509px) Image search: [Google]
cejrowski.jpg
69KB, 680x509px
>>9172088
are you polish or did mate finally manage to spread to the other slav nations?
>>
>>9170590
YERBA MATE IS THE NEW MEME

YALL BEEN PUT ON MATE-WATCH

IN 6 MONTHS MATE WILL BE THE NEW KOMBUCHA
>>
I keep getting these fucking weird cups and metal straws as gifts from my BR relatives. What the fuck is this and how do I use it. I thought it was some sort of drug originally but from what I'm seeing here it's like tea?
>>
>>9172046
>guaranĂ¡ soda
it's too sweet
>>
I have plenty of mates. Don't really know what they have to do with /ck/ but.
>>
File: yerba.jpg (627KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
yerba.jpg
627KB, 1000x667px
>>9172096
>put a shitload of the stuff into a cup (I recommend a small cup)
>stick the straw in there
>steep it for a minute in 70-80 degrees celsius water
>steep many times, until it loses it's flavor
>wa la
>you will be stimulated and relaxed for the next 5 hours
more advanced techniques are possible but not needed
>>
>>9172106
Should i get yerba-mate or is it a meme? I'll see if i can get some when i go to the store.
>>
I drink this nearly everday and lots of students drink it in my area (Norhern Germany).
It's the best way to get some caffeine you're studying in the library and can't take coffee with you.
>>
>>9172046
Enjoy your lead poisoning.
>>
File: 1rritant.jpg (21KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
1rritant.jpg
21KB, 220x300px
>>9172116
>is yerba-mate an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
Retard.
>>
>>9172116
Order it online by the kilo. You can join a kilo of the month club if you drink that much.
>>
>>9172123
Eat a dick, moron, you know what I mean. Meme has become a coloquialism for something that's popular but is actually relatively low quality compared to the amount of attention it recieves. That's how language works, fucking deal with it.

>>9172124
Cool, I'll check it out.
>>
>>9172131
>Meme has become a coloquialism for something that's popular but is actually relatively low quality compared to the amount of attention it recieves.
Are you really this dumb?
>>
>>9172132
>ur stiuped
Excellent argument
>>
File: 1470944136596.jpg (38KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1470944136596.jpg
38KB, 480x480px
>>9172132
Not him, but he's totally right. Lurk moar.
>>
>>9172116
it's a great coffee substitute
just make sure you're buying originally packaged south-americna brands or else you're probably getting ripped off
>>
It's just strong tea..... I prefer coffee with milk for the same effect.
>>
>>9172884
except it's not the same effect at all unless you use teabag mate
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.