[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hate olive and it makes me feel like a child How do I get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

Hate olive and it makes me feel like a child

How do I get into olives /ck/?
>>
inna butt. it's what the dirty greeks do
>>
eat them
>>
>>9169502
but I don't like the taste, that's the problem
>>
>>9169494
Have you only had the canned black olives or the different varieties in your pic? Tapenade is a good way to start off.
>>
>>9169499
I am greek you filthy sub-human
>>
>>9169494
Is it the bitterness you don't like? If so, just keep trying them, after a while it might not seem so overwhelming.

Depends on what kind of olives you're eating too. Get some good quality green or Kalamata olives, if you're just eating cheap generic canned black olives they'll never taste that good. They're just like salty bits of mush.
>>
>>9169508
>>9169523
Not canned. Don't know the type, just whole, some green and some black
>>
>>9169523
Also try putting them in salads, on sandwiches, some chicken stews have olives in them. If you're just eating them plain you'll get sick of them after only a few because they're salty and bitter but they taste good with other things.
>>
File: 20170615_182836.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_182836.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>9169494
Do you like strong drinks?
>>
Make this muffuleta sandwich that uses an olive based tapenade. I defy anyone to say they don't like olives after that. It's similar to babbys who say they don't like sauerkraut; after eating a Reuben, no one will say that again.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/02/classic-new-orleans-muffuletta-recipe.html
>>
>>9169494
black olives are disgusting, and cheap; no idea how they consider that an acceptable pizza topping at papajohns, it's literally the same as putting dog shit on a pizza.
>>
Like anything else, try a good quality version of it... if you still don't like it then it's just not for you

Get some big fat juicy green olives with the stones still in that have some bite and have them alongside some red wine
>>
>>9169545
Goddamn i had one of the best martinis ever last month at a bar in Oslo called Himkok... it was somehow infused with toasted birch wood, they used a gin that they distill in-house and the olive was stuffed with a cheese from a tiny high quality farm where the cows are individually named and there's like 50 of them which the farmer never wants to expand on, as i sipped my way down the glass i got more subtle olive and from the cheese it got a rounder sweeter taste that got distinctly dairy in the last couple of centimeters
>>
>>9169494
Try the big green ones that have been stuffed with garlic or sundried tomato.
Black olives are meh
>>
>>9169648
So which cow made the cheese in the olive you ate?
>>
>how can i force myself to do stuff i don't like so others think i'm mature

Way to sound like a kid.
>>
>>9169617
Just say out load, "I am a big girly. My taste buds are shit from dope and tobacco.
>>
>>9169666
i got over the same thing with mushrooms
>>
I don't like them. Too salty
>>
File: 4.b.jpg (54KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
4.b.jpg
54KB, 500x335px
That's because you most likely only know shit-tier canned olives.

Try greek kalamata olives for green ones, and turkish gemlik olives for black ones.
>>
Get jalapeƱo stuffed ones, put her in a stick, and soak them in ice cold gin.

You'll love them in about 25 minutes
>>
>>9169794
>put her in
*put them on
>>
>>9169794
>jalapeno olives

welcome to hell
>>
Tapenade with some good bread
>>
>>9169499
OMG. That's the first thing that came to my mind to. They're the perfect shape and everything. I wonder if your asshole will feel tangy after.
>>
>>9169828
If by hell, you mean heaven, sure
>>
File: battenburg_cake_60878_16x9.jpg (27KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
battenburg_cake_60878_16x9.jpg
27KB, 448x256px
>>9169941
if heaven was hell, then olives would taste like battenberg
>>
File: nintchdbpict000261888167.jpg (38KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict000261888167.jpg
38KB, 960x540px
>>9169946
>>
>>9169494
kalamata olives are the best tasting by far in my opinion, you might try those
>>
>>9169545
Go get some sun, anon.
>>
>>9169511
>I am Greek you filthy Greek
Fixed
>>
>>9169887
They're too small to be any fun.
>>
>>9169494
I like green olives but black olives are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>9169494
Make some sort of tomato sauce with them or something.
>>9169511
>>>/int/
>>
>>9169530
Try kalamata olives! They're purple and sweet. They taste vaguely fruity, imo.
>>
>>9169672
What? Canned black olives taste nothing like actually good olives. They're sad, macerated clots of brine that will always taste like the can they came from.

That said, I could decimate an olive bar happily.
>>
You can't
If it make you feel better, I can't into shrimps
>>
>>9171776
>I can't into shrimps

weirdo
>>
It's salty and oily
How the fuck does one not like olives?
>>
So on your advice I bought some olives. A mix of green and black, some with pimentos in them and parsley dressing

I'm really not feeling it
>>
black olives are awful but green olives are acceptable
>>
>>9172702
Are you just eating them on their own? Some people like that but they're usually too salty to have more than a couple. They go best with other things, like on a platter with cheese/meat/bread/fruit, in salads, on sandwiches, cooked into some stews, etc.
>>
>>9169494
Start trying different green olives and work your way up to black olives. Green olives have a somewhat milder flavor than black olives. I used to hate them when I was younger, but over time I've grown incredibly fond of them.
>>
>>9172718
I'm much prefering the black to the green
>>
>>9172718
>>9172726
Green olives might be milder but they're usually more bitter. Black Kalamata olives are fairly mild, though people usually don't like them because of the softer texture. Kalamata olives are my favorite though.
>>
File: 0011210008359_a1c1_2000.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
0011210008359_a1c1_2000.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
The fucking best right here
>>
>>9172726
I'm telling you, purple kalamata olives are where it's at. Leagues and leagues above all other olives.

Green doesn't taste like the black aluminum death in a can, but I often find that they are pithy and with little flavor. If you prefer the black olives, you'll like purple.
>>
>>9173049
Also, definitely eat them with cheese. I like to eat olives with the parmesan rinds they sell for cheap at the grocery store. Rinds are the best part imo, and they sell little plastic containers of them for a few bucks. The fat, nutty flavor goes well with olives.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.