[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frog Legs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Just bought a bunch of frozen frog legs from an Asian market. How would you suggest that I prepare them?
>>
>>9166870
Soak em in buttermilk, remove, Pat dry, cover with seasoned flour, deep fry.
>>
>>9167073
What sort of seasoning should I use?
>>
>>9167164
Not the guy you're replying to but i'd use the same spices as fried chicken. I use salt and pepper, garlic, paprika and spicy pepper flakes.
>>
>>9167183
This.

You could also use a corn meal based breading for a more southern flair using the same spices as fried chicken also, but a flour dredge is yummy too.
>>
>>9167222
Also, add some panko crumbs to your flour. Or crushed croutons. Shit is goat
>>
>>9167229
The simplest best breading I know is breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan cheese on chicken dredged in butter and brown mustard. Everything just works, but you can't really taste the cheese or mustard distinctly. Mind you I only ever baked it so darn it if I know how it fries
>>
OP can you drop the link? I've been into eating frog legs lately
>>
>>9167164
What they said. Also corn meal fish fry is good to use. Zatarains or what ever you have in your area.
>>
if you want an authentic asian recipe you need live frogs

cut them while they are living and pour soy sauce on them while they squirm as you eat their legs
>>
File: 1446871809603.png (73KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1446871809603.png
73KB, 412x351px
>>9166870
>>
>>9166870

1/2 cup each of diced onion, celery, and red bell pepper.
3 cloves diced garlic.
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup white wine
3 tbs butter
3 tbs AP flour
2 cups chicken stock
chopped fresh green onion for garnish
salt and pepper to taste
frogs legs

Add butter to pan and sweat onion, celery, and red bell pepper. Add garlic and cook till fragrant, about a minute. Add frogs legs and caramelize, then deglaze pan with wine. Add flour and slowly pour in stock until thickened to desired consistency, then turn flame down to simmer and simmer for 30 mins. Add stock as needed. After 1/2 hour, season to taste, stir in parsley, garnish with green onion, and serve with rice or potato.
>>
>>9167624
You could add some heavy cream in at the end also. Just enough to give it a velvet texture and change the color slightly.
>>
>>9166870
Do a frog leg risotto, it's a dish from my home town Pavia
>>
>>9167833
OP, I'd do this. That sounds amazing.
>>
>>9166870
>not buying the live ones to hear them reee
>>
What the hell do frog legs actually taste like? What's the experience of eating them like?
>>
>>9166870
I made that mistake once. It came out horribly. Something about frog being frozen I think really ruins the meat terribly, because it's so delicate to begin with. It's not good to freeze meat but some meats handle it better than others I think. Also it tastes nasty, like frog, I think there is also a good way to raise frogs for consumption or some kind of quarantine stage like with snails that you should let them excrete all their waste or something or some kind of feeder food to make it more palatable. Not sure but it didn't taste right. Tasted like they had a barrel of frogs just marinating together before they skinned and froze them.
>>
>>9166870
>eating the sons of Kek
You will never get dubs again, OP.
>>
>>9170328
Somewhat stringy meat and small bones not unlike a chicken, but with more little veins and tendony strands.
It usually has an after taste of the waters in which they were caught from depending on how you seasoned and cooked them.
Sincerely, Louisiana
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.