[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Butter and Margarine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: 1764336296.jpg (45KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
1764336296.jpg
45KB, 600x309px
Alright, which is worse?
>>
>>9166047
I havent used margarine in years
Butter tastes way better
>>
margarine objectively but I still use it because 35 calories/tbsp is too good to pass up
>>
I suppose margarine has it's uses, but butter is better by far.
>>
>>9166056
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/03/15/butter-unlikely-to-harm-health-but-margarine-could-be-deadly/
Poor fat fuck
>>
>>9166079
Not all margarines have trans fat...
>>
>>9166047
Margarine is way worse. Fun fact: margarine was developed as a fattening agent to be force fed to to turkeys to make them extra plump and juicy
>>
>>9166238
>Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès created it in France, in 1869. He was responding to a challenge by Emperor Napoleon III to create a butter substitute for the armed forces and lower classes.
>>
Butter for cooking, margarine for spreading on bread.
>>
>>9166047
Butter tastes better, provides some fat soluble Vitamin A and D, and half its fat content are unsaturated fats.
>>
The main difference is that butter tastes like a creamy morning sunrise waking up next to a fertile aryan goddess bearing your seed and margarine tastes like a rough handjob through a tub of movie theatre popcorn, my point is they both have their place.
>>
>>9166047
Margarine is for poor people
>>
>>9166329
Some people just get life better than others
>>
margarine doesn't melt in the heat and that's about the only pro it has for my uses. Otherwise it is was actually invented to kill off poor people.
>>
i made cultured butter from some creme fraiche i made. which i made from some heavy cream and a dash of buttermilk.
>>
>>9166728
did you visit an art gallery with it?
>>
>>9166737
no. I put it on sourdough toast. which I also made. it was fucking delicious.

though it was all too much work.
>>
>>9166728
Did the buttermilk come from your own tiddies?
>>
>>9166740
must have
I actually never made bread or butter
>>
>>9166759
most bread in stores is garbage. most of of them are made from the same base dough. which has things added to it before baking to make it into what it is supposed to be.

real bread will get mold with in a week or go stale in a week. depending on how you store it.

keep real bread in a paper bag with the end open. it won't mold and will go stale instead. stale bread can still be made into toast, stuffing, croutons.
>>
margarine is not as tasty as butter, so i use it for cooking (except for frying)
>>
>>9166248
wtf how is this french who always brag of cuisine made this
>>
>>9166812
Apparently the original was made with tallow and didn't taste too different from actual butter. It must've been higher quality than the cheap margarine of today.
>>
>>9166844
Isn't modern margarine a product of peoples attempts to fatten turkeys?
>>
>>9166238
>>9166898
Oh, I guess someone already said it.
>>
>>9166047
good quality margarine is goodish..
>>
Both are bad but margarine is hydrogenated vegetable oil so margarine is worse
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26655020
>>
>>9166737
I laughed at this more than I should have.
>>
File: 416C8tKgzYL.jpg (28KB, 351x219px)
416C8tKgzYL.jpg
28KB, 351x219px
>>9166047
>people still eat margarine
Fucking why
Butter is better for you, tastes better, and has way more uses in cooking.
Pic related, I get a pound when it goes on sale, either this or Kerrygold.
>>
>>9166047
margarine is clearly worse, how is this an argument? margarine is a butter substitute that straight up tastes bad, use oils or lard if you can't have butter for some nonsense reason
>>
>>9166047
I used to use margarine until I realised butter tastes 10x better and doesn't really spoil if you leave it out of the fridge, so the hardness isn't a problem
>>9167953
all unsalted butter tastes the same to me, unless different fat % or lactose %, wouldn't worry too much about brands
>>
>>9168014
Retards still think saturated fats are bad so they avoid butter
>>
>>9167953
>>9168019
please buy lurpak, the best butter for high class cuisine.
>>
>>9168027
you're only paying for the fancy packaging. brand image and import costs
>>
>>9168043
denmark has very high safety regulations and standards compared to pretty much anywhere else and exports their best stuff.
>>
I use and enjoy smart balance margarine.

I love that artificial butter flavor.

Plz don't bully.
>>
>>9166047
It varies. Both should be eaten never. The best margarine can be slightly better overall, many worse margarines much worse. Things to consider are saturated fat, polyunsaturated fats, trans/partially hydrogenated fat, and cholesterol.
>>
>>9168019
Butter can last a few days unrefridgerated, even longer if you cook out the fats and make a Ghee

>>9168121
>Both should be eaten never.
lmao this faggit
>>
Why would you go out of your way for those nutrient-free calories when the average American has seven deficiencies?
>>
>>9168144
>nutrient-free calories
??
Neither butter nor margerine is nutrient-free, whatever the fuck you think that means.
>>
>>9166047
Butter is the best, but margarine is sometimes nice on a toast, not for cooking tho.
>>
>>9168054
if you are so scared about the butter quality get some high fat milk and beat it out yourself.
>>
What's the difference between salted and unsalted butter? Thanks.
>>
>>9168179
Shit tier buttermilk causes shit tier butter, you're just taking the same issue one step backwards
>>
>>9168196
They add salt to salted butter
>>
>>9168210
You don't make butter from buttermilk you use heavy cream. Buttermilk is a byproduct of the churning. Cultured butter is made by innoculating the cream with a bacteria and sweet butter uses plain cream.
>>
>>9166047
margarine for cooking and cakes butter for sandwiches
>>
>>9168196
One has salt, one doesn't.

Unsalted butter for cooking. Salted butter for spreading on toast/bread.

Salted butter also lasts longer because salt is a preservative.
>>
>>9168210
Do you even know how butter is made?

Buttermilk is the LEFTOVER after whole milk is churned to make butter. It is literally the waste product left behind after making butter.
>>
margarine
>>
>>9168019
But butter melts to water if you leave it out the fridge.
>>
>>9169109
Not if you leave it in a cupboard, unless it's summer and you live somewhere particularly hot.
>>
>>9168125
>cook out the fats and make a Ghee

don't post again
>>
>>9169139
Why not just give out the correct information if you see that someone is mistaken about something?

You don't cook the fat out of butter to make ghee, because ghee is fat. You cook out the water because water makes food spoil, and you remove the milk solids. Ghee is basically pure fat, butter is fat + water + milk solids.
>>
>>9169109
Umm... no?

Also, what the FUCK is "cat furniture" captcha?!?
>>
File: Screenshot_142[1].png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142[1].png
936KB, 644x644px
>>9169683
>Why not just give out the correct information if you see that someone is mistaken about something?
>>
>>9169124
40°C average in summer.
>>
>>9168251
Pedantic. English is not my main language
>>
>>9166741
Honey, not everybody around here is female, and very few people around here (if any at all) are currently breastfeeding mothers.
Stop assuming that everybody does the same kind of weird shit as you do.
>>
>>9170527
I lactate. It's my bf's fetish. You don't need to be a mother
>>
>>9166812
Wanna take another crack at that sentence?
>>
File: margarine-corbis_6.jpg (118KB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
margarine-corbis_6.jpg
118KB, 1000x740px
>>9166047
French scientist Michel Eugene Chevreul discovered a new fatty acid in 1813 that he dubbed acide margarique. Chevreul’s discovery contained lustrous, pearly deposits, so he named it after the Greek word margarites, for “pearly.”
>>9166794
I keep my bread in the fridge,.

Grew up on margarine, butter seems to have no taste, but I'm gonna buy some and give it another try.
Margarine couldn't be yellow in Quebec until 2008?
>>
>>9170527
what's your problem sweetie? mommy didn't love you?
>>
I like both, margarine is a good spread to moisten up sandwich bread but butter is better for putting on vegetables and popcorn etc
>>
>>9166329
I love movie popcorn
>>
File: 1406384344721.jpg (19KB, 450x274px) Image search: [Google]
1406384344721.jpg
19KB, 450x274px
>>9166047
Margarine is so bad even usa has banned it
stores have untill 2018 to keep selling that poison
>>
>>9171423
Frig off Bobandi
>>
>>9166047
Margarine is absolutely trash then again compared to butter it has its issues mainly that is a secondary type of beef product which is cancerous
Beef and cows milk in higher quantities will disagree
>>
>>9170587
you're dumb

read it again and maybe you can understand
>>
>>9166047
margarine, this isn't even a question
>>
>>9169109
only if it's really hot outside, over here we rarely go beyond 30 degrees celsius
>>
I really like the president and kerrygold brands of butter. They taste better than land o lakes. But I've been eating less calories so I can slim down and am considering margarine since it's less calories. Do any brands not use
trans fats? I want to avoid those.
>>
>>9172678
you could also use lower fat butter
>>
>>9172684
It really makes you think....
>>
>>9172678
Yeah, just look for the kinds that don't have any partially hydrogenated oils in them. I use country crock light. You could also try whipping your butter.
http://www.sophisticatededge.com/how-to-make-whipped-butter.html
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.