[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My attempts at poaching eggs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (3KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 279x181px
So I just tried to poach eggs. First time turned out alright, except it didn't have that thin layer of egg white on top like pic related. It just looked like a regular sunny side up egg. I thought I had to flip it or some shit like that. I tried to do it again but when I tried to flip the egg out of the water it just popped all of the yellow egg yolk and it basically ended up being eggy water and I had to throw it in the trash.
So, what did I do wrong?
>>
>>9165750
Swirl the water a lil bit before putting the egg, so that the egg white covers the yolk.
>>
>>9165750
it sounds like you have old eggs. the whites will spread out way more when eggs aren't fresh

>>9165755
I use fresh eggs and while I do swirl the water around, the white still completely surrounds the yolk even if I just slip them in without swirling
>>
>>9165764
Also a lil bit of vinager makes the egg taste better.
>>
>>9165764
Maybe his water is not hot enough and the white just disipates or something.

>>9165750
You don't need to flip the egg.
>>
File: ramekin.gif (68KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
ramekin.gif
68KB, 500x333px
>>9165750

Poaching 101:
1. bring water to a low simmer, not a rolling boil.
2. break egg into a small cup or bowl to make it easier to place in the water
3. add a tbs of vinegar to the water
4. swirl the water with a spoon before placing the eggs in the water
5. gently pour in the egg from your cup or bowl and let it cook
6. do not flip the egg
7. after about 6 minutes, the yolk should be cooked but still runny
8. pull the egg out and press the yolk to see if it's done to your liking.
9. trim off and toss any excess ripped or torn white in order to present a uniformed appearance.

I stopped poaching and transitioned to steaming my eggs in little ramekins.
Just butter / oil the ramekin, place in a steamer for 6 and a half minutes, and you get the perfect egg that you can either eat right from the ramekin, or simply dump it out and put it on a biscuit, or whatever.
>>
File: gappycry-4536.jpg (71KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
gappycry-4536.jpg
71KB, 320x320px
>>9165755
>>9165764
>>9165824
>>9165829
>>9165946
TFW I followed your instructions and this time it really looked like it was going well (I saw the thin layer on top while I was cooking) but I waited a little longer because I was afraid the yolk would spill and it ended up being hard boiled eggs which I dropped while I was getting it outside the water anyway.
Why is this so complicated?
>>
>>9167234
...what are you using to get it out of the water that you're dropping all these eggs?
>>
File: 20170714_080538.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170714_080538.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>9167244
This
>>
>>9167255
You need a slotted spoon or spatula so the water can drain off, anon.

Just make sure to keep track of the time when you put them in, and you'll be able to cook them the way you want.
>>
>>9165750
Poke a hole in the end of the egg and pop it in the boiling water, shell on, for ten seconds before breaking it into a cup and poaching normally
>>
File: 700-2.jpg (60KB, 1500x768px) Image search: [Google]
700-2.jpg
60KB, 1500x768px
>>9167255
He is right
>>9167326

Get something like this
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.