[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aquired Taste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170712_234519.jpg (2MB, 2598x3940px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170712_234519.jpg
2MB, 2598x3940px
I always thought "aquired taste" was a meme but, wow!

Beer tastes better than soda just now.

What other foods are just ok then become amazing after a while?
>>
>>9162535
Most vegetables, surprisingly enough. Mom wasn't kidding when she said that she actually liked stuff like broccoli, squash, eggplant, etc. It was all dog vomit as a kid but as an adult it's delicious.
>>
>>9162548
I've never gotten this one. I loved greens as a kid and neither of my parents were vegetarians or anything. I remember being maybe 8 and people making a big deal about me liking brussels sprouts.
I fucking hated cheese as a kid though. Everything except cheddar and mozzarella. I didn't even like parmesan until I was like 10.

I still haven't acquired a taste for any blue cheeses desu but I force myself every so often since my philosophy is that I'm not allowed to dislike categories of food, only specific examples or brands.
>>
I'm completely new to beer, alone recommend me lighter shit? I can easily drink pabst, Coors and blondes but idk where to go now

>Inb4 shit taste

I'm new to beer plz be nice
>>
>>9162604
See, here's the odd thing. Mom said that I fucking LOVED vegetables when I was a baby. She said I couldn't get enough of them. Then I grew out of them, and sometime in my teens started to grow back into them. Tastes change.

Speaking of tastes, I ate PB&J sandwiches for lunch for 10 years straight. I haven't eaten one since that last day.
>>
Acquired taste is a meme. Just don't drink garbage like bud light I will never drink another bud light for as long as I live
>>
>>9162614
Nothing wrong with liking lighter beers my guy.

Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sierra Nevada Kellerweiss
Sierra Nevada Vienna Lager
North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner
Anchor Steam Beer

Are all "craftier" things you would probably enjoy if you like lagers and light stuff.
>>
>>9162535
>wow!
>>>/reddit/
>>
Durian anyone ?
>>
>>9162604
Exact same thing with cheese for me. I'm gradually starting to like blue cheeses, but there's many that I try that just taste like a musty basement to me that I can't grasp yet.
>>
>>9162614
Try a gose ale which is tart and not bitter or malty. If you like sour things you will like it. It's very refreshing. Otherwise, try finding german beers such as ones brewed by Hofbrau Munchen. I think they are very mellow overall. They are generally available at decent beer shops. If that's still not to your liking, squeeze a lime into a lager.
>>
>>9162715
Sugoi!
>>
>>9162751
The first time my friends and I set out to find durian the first time, we went to three different asian grocery stores that didn't have it until we went to chinatown and found one. We opened it and it had the consistency of cum. The flavor and smell were good but the texture was shit. His mom ate all of it and told us it was a bad one. She is from china by the way. I'm guessing it was bad because of being frozen in shipping. But it wasn't frozen when we bought it so who knows.
>>
>>9162614
Urquell, Warsteiner
You can get them at supermarkets and they're one notch over the line.
I like them both a lot actually and my favorite beers look and taste like used motor oil.
>>
>>9162809
>had the consistency of cum
I think there's 2 big variant of durian, the modern one is a special breed that have solid and firm meat, the one from malaysia, singapore and more developed asian countries mostly have this. The other variant have watery texture and more commonly found in Indonesia, Thailand, Philiphines.
Westerner is more suited to the modern breed.
>>
>>9162751
I've always like processed durian. If it's cooked, in a smoothie, or used as a flavoring, I'm down.

I still don't like raw, plain durian, though. I have to use it as an ingredient.
>>
>>9162614
Hefeweizens or similar easy to drink beers.

Hoegaarden, Leffe, Weihenstephaner makes a great Hefeweizen, Franziskaner, avoid shit like Shock Top / Blue Moon brands.

If you want something easy to drink that's still lighter, look into any craft Pilsner's or Pale Ales, find out if you're more of a hoppy or malty beer fan.

For me, I hated the usual lagers and ales, didn't really like hefeweizens at first either, avoided IPA's thanks to so many /ck/ retards going on about how they're hipster and bitter swill, only to find out down the line they're some of my favorite beers.

IPA/DIPA's are my go to hands down, followed by imperial stouts/milk stouts and sours.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.