[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POORFAG COOKING MCGYVER EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: weld.png (1MB, 955x830px) Image search: [Google]
weld.png
1MB, 955x830px
Sup, /ck/
Athough this may be subject to change(setting up muh own business an sheet), I for now am a poorfag in every sense of the word and in a dire situation. I need YOU(yes, YOU) to show mercy and give the best poorfag recipes to me and all the other poorfags who are sick of eating frozen nuggets and the like.

Let's aggregate them in this thread.
OUT OF THE BOY THINKING HIGHLY ENCOURAGERED.
>>
>>9154400
no
>>
>>9154400
>Dry Beans + Soak + Slow Cooker from Goodwill
>Rice
>Sacks of Potatoes/Onions/Carrots/Celery
>Pasta + Canned Tomato + Spices
>Frozen veggies like green beans/peas/spinach/broccoli/cauliflower; Canned versions are half water by weight
>Speaking of water, DRINK IT. Not milk/soda/juice/tea
>Hot sauce is your friend, cheese/butter isn't nor is meat unless you find manage to find some whole chickens/turkeys on sale for >$1/lbs to cook as condiments and the bones to make stock for soup
>TRADITIONAL/OVERNIGHT OATS using old-fashioned rolled oats not that instant junk
>>
>I AM TOO STUPID TO GOOGLE THINGS

Fuck off.
>>
>>9154499
Thanks, my dude.
>>
>>9154505
I have, and it directed me to cooking sites and online magazines with shitty articles "top 20 cheap x meals" which always require some bullshit ingredient I can't either find or afford.

This is literally the last pace I went for because I knew 90% of replies would be shitheads like you.
>>
I just made a quesadilla with leftover mixed cheese, canned pickled jalapenos and a lot of hot sauce. Pretty good
>>
The key to good poverty cooking is to constantly research staple dishes of world cultures and understanding how the ingredients available to them influence diet and recipes.

Staple plants like corn, wheat, rice, potatoes, or cabbage can be used as a base, while in more prosperous places meats, fruits, and veggies are combined or served alongside.

My challenge to you is to experiment with all the food available in your house, plus finding in season staples at the market. Minimize buying packaged foods and instead buy raw plantstuff. Learn to cook with the ingredients available to you, and listen to that voice in the back of your head that tells you to cook weird combinations. Watch chef Ramsey or other talented chefs (so not including jack) and follow their technique, advice, and thought process rather than straight recipes.
>>
>>9154400
A cheap gallon of olive oil.

A covered bowl of it containing sliced garlic, black pepper, peeled cherry tomatoes, and thyme sprigs, all uncooked and left on the counter forever.

This oil on boiled grains, some salt and ground pepper, accompanying fresh green of your choice and either beans, or some other pulses, or meat.

Pork is surprisingly cheap. So are lentils, and wheat berries.

Leafy veggies are washed and eaten raw. Thick green veggies are blanched only.

Cook your meat by cutting it thin and braising in a pan. Dont add much water, and only add it once one side is seared.

Whats left in that pan can be used to flavor other things.
>>
>>9154649
I see where you coming from, but nigga, I ain't got the resources to learn by trial and error. I really appreciate your advice, but do you have something for the here and now?

>>9154570
I'll check that out, thx.
>>
>>9154683
Make rice and steam veggies to eat alongside it. Throw cut veggies and meat in a pan of hot oil and serve on flour tortillas or over rice as tacos. Put cut veggies with chicken quarters in a oven pan and bake for a while. Make ramen and boil carrots and broccoli with the noodles.

You can still learn by trial and error because if you're poor and hungry, your worst attempts will be eatable as long as you are somewhat careful.

Listen to other anons like
>>9154677
>>
>brown a pound of beef in a big pan
>add a packet of beefy onion soup mix; no water, let it thicken in the beef
>add in shredded cheddar cheese, as much as you want
>get pillsbury crescent can and cut into triangles
>fill with beef mixture, don't be afraid to overstuff
>bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
>eat with mustard, honey dijon is the best
>>
>>9154704
>>9154747
thx, I'll be sure to note that shit in a .txt for later.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.