[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to roast vegetables in balsamic vinegar and season it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4375.jpg (59KB, 565x376px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4375.jpg
59KB, 565x376px
I want to roast vegetables in balsamic vinegar and season it ofv and use them in a wrap with hummus. Would this taste good? Does meat go with this at all? I was thinking about using regular deli meat, the chicken kind but I don't know if it goes together.
>>
>>9152734
i think you should add feta cheese
>>
>>9152741
That makes sense, but I hate cheese.
>>
>>9152745
it mostly tastes like salt
>>
>>9152734
Sliced lamb.
>>
>>9152734
I'd roast the veggies plain-ish and make a balsamic reduction, then add the br after. That's just me though.
>>
>>9152734
>I want to roast vegetables in balsamic vinegar
sounds good

>> and season it ofv
What the hell does that mean?

>>and use them in a wrap with hummus. Would this taste good? Does meat go with this at all?
Sounds good to me. Meat? Sure. Some grilled or roasted chicken or beef would be good with that. Season with sumac, Za'tar, or ras el hanout to match with the hummus.

>> I was thinking about using regular deli meat, the chicken kind but I don't know if it goes together.
Deli meat? Hell no. I mean, it would be edible if that's all you have lying around and you're in poorfag mode, but I sure wouldn't choose to use it for this application.
>>
>>9152790
why would you do that?
(idk how to cook )
>>
>>9152797
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but roasting things in vinegar is not a good idea.

1) Balsamic vinegar contains a lot of sugar. That can easily burn well before your veggies are roasted to your liking. Cooking them separately allows you to control cooking and reduction so both are optimal.

2) Liquid coating the veggies will impede them roasting properly. You'd end up boiling them in vinegar rather than roasting.
>>
>>9152831
Then why do all these mom recipe blogs do it the wrong way
>>
>>9152859
Because bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks except Liz Warren...she's a badass.
>>
>>9152745
What exactly do you hate about cheese?
I feel like there's so many different kinds of cheese, how can you possibly hate them all?
>>
>>9152859

Congrats. You've learned that the vast majority of recipes posted online are, in fact, shit. Or at the very least sub-optimal. The more you learn about cooking the more apparent this will become.
>>
If you're gonna do wraps just put some green pepper with tomato in a pan and heat it in a pan with some garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Add to cheese toasted wraps and add cucumber and lettuce with a little yellow mustard and sour cream. Then add some cold cuts or lamb to it.
>>
>>9153086
Okay but im reading about balsamic reductions and all the recipes put brown sugar in them :/
>>
>>9153229
Use honey or a slurry if you prefer that. Either way a 20-30 minute vegetable roast is more than enough time to make a reduction.
>>
Okay so I should season the vegetables and coat them in oil, roast them and then cover them in the balsalmic reduction? Will it be bitter without any sugar?
>>
File: 2.jpg (53KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53KB, 500x465px
>>9153687
Jesus Stage-Diving Christ I said add honey. Can you read words?
>>
>>9153700
Yeah, whatever.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.