[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soups

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (46KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 400x300px
Im boiling up a piece of smoked beef, hoping to turn it into soup. Whats your soup secrets and recipies?
>>
>>9150958
Why have you put a red circle on a bunch of shit in the soup?
>>
>>9150961

???

The picture is not mine. And.. Those "red circles" are peppers?
>>
File: chili.jpg (46KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
chili.jpg
46KB, 800x450px
>>9150958
For chili, I use both ground beef and stew beef. I like the thickness of ground beef, plus having the stew beef for something to chew on.

For chilis, I like a mix of jalapenos, habaneros, and a few serranos for heat. The only liquids that touch my chili are tomato paste, stout beer, and beef stock.

Beans are going in the pot solely because I enjoy pissing off Texans. Hell, I'll throw corn in there too. More color, more flavor, more texture.
>>
>>9151004
Stews and chilis are not soups..
>>
MSG
>>
>>9151015
They're soup-adjacent. Piss off.
>>
>>9151004
fuckkkk i only eat meat once a month so when my next turn comes around ill do the two type of meat thing for sure, slow cooker
>>
Building the soup with veggies first, and cooking anything meat based for as many hours as you can stand.
>>
>>9150958
>Whats your soup secrets

Really good homemade stock. It's by far the most important part of any soup or stew. There's a reason that making stocks is one of the first things taught in cooking school.
>>
Chicken bones, 1kg
Water, 2l

Place bones and water into pressure cooker.
Cook at high pressure 30 minutes.
Allow to depressurise on its own, about 15 minutes.
Strain stock.
Boil stock to reduce to 1L then store.

Chicken grease, 50ml
Chicken thigh meat, cut up, 400g
Chicken stock, yield from above
Pearl onion, 200g
Carrot, peeled, 200g
Celery, pascal type, 200g
1:1 roux, made from 32g each flour and chicken grease and compounded with 1 fine-chopped onion and 1 peeled-and-crushed plum tomato
Lovage leaves, 2 handfuls
>alternately: 1 handful each of dry herb celery leaves and dry sweet parsley leaves
Salt, to taste
Bread dumpling, to serve

Cook chicken in grease then add stock and vegetables.
Bring to the simmer then cook until carrot is just tender.
Add roux to thicken.
Off the heat and stir in lovage.
Salt to taste and bowl up with bread dumpling.
>>
>>9151144
This guy knows it. But lol
> cooking school

we dont really have that in germany or europe just REALLY fancy culinary academies in france and belgium. People here just learn in restaurants, you do a 3 years apprenticeship (paid of course) and after that you do an exam just like in cooking school and after that you are a certified chef.
thats what I did. Learning in a busy restaurant really helps you to manage stress and shit.
Cooking school sounds so dull. like "9 to 11 am stock making" recess and then "braising meat 101"

could be cool but working in an actual running kitchen and learning while doing so might be stressfull but its also the reason why german trained chefs are REALLY sought after internationally. We get shit done.
>>
>>9151015
they're soup-allies
>>
>>9151058
Bet you also think a hot dog is a sandwich and pizza is a vegetable too
>>
>>9150958
fist of all, dont 'boil' anything. you only need a rolling boil to get water hot enough to cook pasta or potatoes. to do a low simmer for a long time is optimal
>>
>>9151438
A hotdog is a sausage sandwhich
A pizza is an open face sandwhich
you are an idiot sandwhich
>>
>>9151468
>pies are open faced sandwiches
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 76794790.jpg (14KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
76794790.jpg
14KB, 246x205px
>>9150958
I forgot to turn my crockpot on and left stew meat sitting in water for around 7 hours. How badly contaminated is this meat now?
>>
I put coconut milk in almost every soup I make. It's so fucking tasty.
>>
>>9151144
I usually make my own stock but
>really good
I'm not sure about. Got any advice?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.