[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I eat whenever I go to Iceland?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: minke-whale.jpg (64KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
minke-whale.jpg
64KB, 1000x563px
What should I eat whenever I go to Iceland?
>>
>>9149947
Ice probably
>>
>>9149954
No that's a common misnomer. Eat Green.
>>
File: 1280px-Bæjarins_bestu.jpg (200KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Bæjarins_bestu.jpg
200KB, 1280x960px
That one hot dog stand in the capital. I've seen vids from multiple sources that say it's the best on Earth. You are supposed to order one with everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C3%A6jarins_Beztu_Pylsur
>>
>>9149947
Rassgat af Bjork
>>
File: pig Rassgat.jpg (71KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
pig Rassgat.jpg
71KB, 640x424px
>>9149992
When she was younger and sane...YES, now...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyyqIZTvYY
>>
>>9149966
God fucking yes.

I go to Iceland every other year and where we usually stay downtown is like 2 blocks from this place. Always end up hitting this place up multiple times a day. It's so fucking delicious.

>>9149947
Eat some whale. Raw and then as a steak. Surprisingly lean.

Besides that, try some puffin. Icelandic traditional food fucking sucks, dried fish can be ok though.
>>
Your own shit
>>
File: 20120415-sheeps-head.jpg (121KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
20120415-sheeps-head.jpg
121KB, 640x427px
drive thru special.
>>
>>9149947
All the "traditional" Icelandic food are just memes. Nobody actually eats whale or puffin, they are just tourist traps and that rotten shark is fucking disgusting. You should visit the Lebowski Bar at least once and also the hotdog stand already mentioned but expect to queue for some time. Also expect all restaurants to be expensive as fuck
>>
>>9149947
Jam pizza
>>
>>9150096
Tourist trap or not, eating whale is on my bucket list. Might as well add puffin.
>>
Definitely get the hot dogs at least once a day, it will be your cheapest meal. Whale steak is delicious. I wasn't a fan of the texture of puffin. Get horse carpaccio, it's super tender and delicious. Also there's a really good seafood place right down on the harbor, get lobster soup.
>>
>>9149947
Baby seal. just so you can tell vegans and peta members you ate it.
>>
>>9151165
I eat meat and I wish people would stop saying/doing things like this. You're just making things worse.
>>
>>9151165
Baby seal's been illegal to hunt since like the 80s, you need to wait for them to mature.
>>
Whale anus
>>
>>9149992
whats rassgat?

>>9150021
shame she always feels the need to one up herself
>>
File: header-last-puffin-hunt.jpg (121KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
header-last-puffin-hunt.jpg
121KB, 800x492px
>>9151095
This!
>>
>>9151174
>You're just making things worse
No he's not, literally the only people who give a shit about muh ethics are the people who are already militant vegans.
>>
>>9152046
Yes he is, saying you should eat a baby animal to trigger a vegan because they triggered you first isn't making anything better. I eat meat once in a while, but I still feel bad that an animal has to be killed for it so I make sure I never waste anything that came from an animal. And I feel bad about the animals being cramped in poor conditions in some factory farms, so I support the development of lab-grown meat.

We domesticated animals because it was better for us and them. They were taken care of by us. We protected them from predators who would spend hours or days tearing them apart while they were still alive. If we didn't have enough food to feed them, we would slaughter them so they don't spend days or weeks slowly starving to death. We do our best to keep them free from diseases that would slowly and painfully kill them in the wild. And in return they eventually give up their lives to feed us. We try to give most of them a swift death that's as painless as possible, because we recognize that even animals can experience pain and it would make us cruel to not care about that. The least you can do is respect what they're giving us and not joke about the death of a creature that wanted to live because you don't like some things that vegans on the internet say.
>>
>>9152104
>isn't making anything better
Sure, but it's not making anything worse either.
Baby seal is just a classic "OH MY GOODNESS HOW HORRIFYING!" meat to eat, there's nothing altogether unethical about it though outside of environmental protection.
>>
>>9152117
There's a huge difference between eating it because you need food/meat and eating it because you think it's funny that it upsets some people. The latter is making things worse.
>>
>>9152119
>The latter is making things worse
Only to people who think eating that kind of meat is wrong.
Which is only vegans.
So it's a moot point.
I might have veal tonight. Partly to spite you anonymously, and mostly because it tastes good. I don't need my vindictive behaviors to not also just be plain delicious ones, after all.
>>
>>9152160
You can eat meat and still dislike how some people treat it and disrespect the animals that give up their lives for it. You're completely ignoring or misunderstanding what my point was. Eating that kind of meat is fine if you need to. Eating it because you think you're spiting someone is unnecessarily cruel and wasteful.
>>
>>9152117
In general, to maintain populations the young unweaned wild mammals and mothers are not killed. That's one of the reasons deer hunting open season dates are set outside the fawn season for the most part. There can be a bit of overlap, but no ethical hunter would knowingly take a mother with a fawn or a fawn.

Also, baby seals were taken for their fur by "civilized" societies and their carcasses left to rot, much like with the bison by the american "civilized" immigrants.
>>
>>9149966
Second this. That particular stand is awesome but a hot dog from anywhere in Iceland is almost always god-tier
>>
File: IMG_0394.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0394.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>9152237
>unnecessarily cruel
...Why are you here?
>>
cooked groceries. Iceland is expensive as fuck. if you want to indulge just get yourself some fresh fish, butter and winter herbs and go to town. I had essentially this at a few different expensive restaurants in RVK and it was amazing, but I'm sure you could do almost as good a job on your own.

I've heard Skyr is great too, but I'm lactose intolerant so who knows.

>>9149966
been here, it's pretty good and one of VERY few semi-affordable places to get food. do this but get 2, since they're not super large. them fried onions
>>
>>9151455
learn2googletranslate
>>
>>9152104
4-H detected
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.