[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a Budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: notramen.jpg (34KB, 355x275px) Image search: [Google]
notramen.jpg
34KB, 355x275px
/ck/, what's the cheapest, yet most filling things me and two other friends can eat for a LAN party

>inb4 ramen
>>
>>9148737
Bulk rice and beans. Get pounds of food each for a dollar per.
>>
Popcorn from raw. Not so filling but you can eat a lot of it. Also adding sugar makes it more filling
>>
>>9148749
That sounds so fun also. Bigtime party food imo.
>>
>>9148737
Hot dogs and what the fuck is a LAN party?
>>
>>9148794
2 or more guys playing an online game near each other
>>
>>9148749
fpbp
>>
>>9148794
>what the fuck is a LAN party?
Underageb&
>>
>>9148802
Is this some sort of gay slang thing?
>>
>>9148737
Video games are the faggot's playground.

That said, don't do finger food. You'll get your keyboards/controllers all sticky and gross. If you're guys are insufferable weebs, you can do ramen. Get something decent like shin ramyun for $1.50 a pack. Drop an egg in and some green onions. If you're into veggies, cut up some celery and carrot sticks with a good dip. Just pick something that's not oily if you're picking it up with your hands, or do something that's ok to sit out while you guys are preoccupied.
>>
>>9148794
Consolefag detected. It stands for Local Area Network. A LAN party is when you get together with your buds on your PCs and play some multiplayer games as a group. Though with the advent of high speed internet, actually linking up your PCs into a LAN is rare now.
>>
>>9148853
>Consolefag
That's not even a good excuse. We used to have LANs with the original xbox
>>
File: kirkland pizza.jpg (63KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
kirkland pizza.jpg
63KB, 300x289px
If your family has a costco membership, you can get 4 pizzas for 10 dollars.

You can also find really cheap pizzas at Wegmans or Aldi, depending on where you live.
>>
>>9148737
Other than what the rest of these fags said (which I honestly think are good ideas). Make some tacos in a bag. Cut the side of a small Doritos bag and crush up the chips. Add taco stuff: ground beef, salsa, lettuce, onion, cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, whatever. Eat with a fork. Just pick something you can set down and won't make a mess of everything.

Alternatively, pick of variety of cereals.
>>
>>9148737
me and my friends pigged out on sweet food when we did a lan party
mainly cakes and cookies
those tiny shortcake cups and strawberries that were on sale w/ some cream went in a snap
along with a fuckload of short bread cookies
but this was years ago

you could try just making your own food which sometimes price of materials for the food is expensive, but you get a fuck load out of it.
>>
lentils are super cheap, filling, and nutritious
you can make a lentil curry and spend almost nothing
>>
>>9148884
Fucking this

Me and my buddies would stay up all night in highschool playing the first Halo
>>
File: IMG_8906.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8906.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Alright, OP here, this is what we managed to scrape up with about 20$
>>
>>9149270
why the rice?
>>
>>9149270
How about you scrape that floor up, it's grimy as fuck
>>
>>9149270
I'm only mad that I have you an honest recommendation. Shame on me. It's just McChicken pics from here on out.
>>
File: 1241434323443.jpg (8KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
1241434323443.jpg
8KB, 262x193px
>>9148749
>beans and rice
>through in some tabletop seasonings
>add cheap vegetables to the mix
This shit got me through uni
>>
>>9148768
Fuck you, you whiny faggot. If you want to party like a rock star, don't have a hobo's income.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.