[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetarians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Kinda randomly decided to become a vegetarian for my health, weight loss, and to try to trick myself into thinking I have some self-discipline.

Any advice or eating tips?
>>
>>9146191
>Any advice or eating tips?
Don't be a vegetarian.
>>
Lentils stick with lentils

I'm actually going on semi vegan diet in a month. Want to give it a try..
>>
>>9146191
Eat meat instead.
>>
>>9146197
this
>randomly
this isn't going to work w/o real motivation
>health, weight loss, self-discipline
you could count calories and pay attention to what you eat w/o going vegfag and accomplish the same goals
>>
>>9146203
Nah, I'm kinda sick of meat desu, and am somewhat motivated by forced variety. Even if self-imposed, and ultimately limiting. I've counted calories (and everything else) before, although back when lifting, and trying to gain weight. That was fine, but I really just want to not eat meat anymore.
>>
>>9146191
Vegetarianism is pretty pointless for health and weight loss... Go vegan or don't bother.
>>
>>9146250
Maybe. I'm not going vegan, though, because that's too much, too soon, and I'm not sure I believe in the philosophy behind it. I'm actually really happy so far with my experiment into vegetarianism, though.
>>
>>9146191

experiment with seitan
>>
>>9146290
It's really fucking easy though.
>>
>>9146191
It will help great against high cholesterol levels but if you want to lose weight then you should count calories and sport instead or in addition to.
>>
Fuck all the back and forth banter:
Depends on you; your tastes. I know a lot of fat vegetarians and vegans, because they eat the same shit, just deep fried and triple stacked with double baconator "flavor" and then claim to eat healthy. Most vegan spots are inverted fast food joints, speaking to that point. So the question is, what is the proper intake per serving, really. As a vegetarian myself, the first thing you want to do is not rely on someone else's meal plan--that means cooking your own portions to fit your needs. So there's no easy fix; most things you buy even out to be as unhealthy for you as if you weren't vegetarian...DEEP FRIED black bean patties with extra salted blah-bippity-dah....

But as a starter I recommend this as a base: brown rice, sweet potato, spinach, PLAIN tempeh...basically the entire produce aisle, and then find alternative ways of making things you like, but healthier--leaf wraps versus flour, for instance. Food is really about nutritional intake more than gluttony in the end--if you want to be healthy, at least. Also consider juicing and fasting once or twice a week to flush out toxins. DRINK WATER NUMERO ONO.....Supplements; multi vitamin a day at least. Protein shakes/greek yogurt. Don't listen to the negative pricks....they want you to fail. Your pallet will change. Trust me.
>>
>>9146191
As long as you don't eat too much carb and sugar you will lose weight, infact its less fattening to eat a whole meat/steak than to eat a portion of rice or potatoes
>>
>>9146456
I'm actually within or below my recommended weight for height, but I have a beer gut, which I figure will take exercise to get rid of. I'm on board the calories in / calories out train, when it comes to weight loss, but I'm looking for a start to a more disciplined life, and I think this is it.
>>
>>9146339
This. Current year is stupid easy. Torrent some cookbooks.
>>
You don't necessarily need to be vegetarian or vegan to lose weight, just count your calories. Last year I lost about 25 kilos (55 pounds) on a specific diet. For breakfast I would have a smoothie usually just made out of fresh orange juice, banana, strawberries and any other good fruits. For Lunch I would have about 1.5 cups of a muesli and some fresh cut up vegetables, usually just carrot and zucchini. Dinner would be a chicken breast or salmon fillet cooked in coconut oil with asparagus or some other vegetable. If you don't give a fuck about my diet look into a ketogenic diet, the most important thing about losing weight is counting calories. The second is what you eat such as carbs and sugars and the third is the excercise.
>>
I hate this question because you just know that the person asking eats such basic bitch food and thinks jumping on some random diet for 3 whole days will fix it.
>>
>>9146191
go full vegan if you have a weight problem. Vegan and vegetarian diets allow a shocking amount of trash

learn to cook simple curry, red curry paste and japanese curry blocks are a godsend for something easy that you can just dump a bunch of vegetables into and pour over rice

smart balance has a good butter substitute in the butter section of grocery stores

seitan is easy to make if you want something chewy like meat, really it's more of a protein bread

learn bean recipes
>>
If you're anti-meat for health reasons, go pescetarian instead.

You need all the three omega-3s (ala, epa, dha) to be as healthy as possible, and only animal sources contain epa and dha. Your body can't convert enough ala from veggie sources into epa and dha for optimal well-being.

You'll also get all the other goodies from fish like b12, d and a vitamins.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.