[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wisdom tooth removal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1472767337333.jpg (102KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
1472767337333.jpg
102KB, 639x639px
pic unrelated
I've got a wisdom tooth removal in the morning in a day or so, what does /ck/ recommend me to stuff my face prior to having the procedure done to sate me the longest? I assume i'll be in too much pain to eat solid food for a little while
>>
>>9145824
I don't know about pre op but i know that post op scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes are quite good. Depending on how long it takes to recover you can experiment with different ingredients. I hope it goes well for you
>>
you arent supposed to eat before surgery in case you vomit during the operation. eating solid food is fine but the food will get stuck in the empty sockets afterward. i was fishing out little pieces for a week or two. its gross and annoying.
>>
File: Birds.jpg (21KB, 405x650px) Image search: [Google]
Birds.jpg
21KB, 405x650px
>>9145824
>>9145890
This. Also nothing by straw afterwards and no smoking or vaping. If you were going to power down on carbs like a runner you should have done it like 14 hours ago. The upside is you'll be so fucked up on drugs you wont even care for a while.
>>
>>9145824
Is it just the one? Top or bottom? Impacted?

I had 3 of mine removed about 10 years ago, one was left as it hadn't erupted. Was really easy and I was chowing down on a mc'chicken burger after the anesthetic wore off (no joke)

Had the final one removed a few months ago and couldn't eat properly for a couple weeks.
It had to be cut out and the jaw bone ground, it was also pressing on a nerve, stitches etc.
I didn't get sedated like a pussy, just the local.

My advice, make a big pot of soup, try to make something without small shit that will go in the hole. Sucking at the hole can dislodge the blood clot and cause 'dry socket' which is extremely painful.
Stock up on yogurts, custards, tins of spaghetti.
Tell them you want some codeine, tell him to get fucked if he tries to give you ibuprofen or something gay like that, though buy some anyway as it's good for the swelling.
Also ask for another local before you leave
>>
I had all 4 broken and removed at once. There isn't much pain and you can eat solid food right away. I got a gyro and fries later that day. I also smoked at the time and did not wait, I lit up as soon as I got home.

Just don't go nuts and it'll be fine. Enjoy spraying out the sockets for months.
>>
>>9145824
Not answering your question but just a warning m8, if they give you prescription pain killers take one before trying two because I took 2 the first time and lost everything I ate.
>>
what does everyone think about.... like workout protein powder in milk if im not going to do porrige/soups

>>9145951
only one, top, nonimpacted, probably erupted?(its like halfway to being complete out)
from what i hear i'm only getting local anesthetic

>>9145963
what do you mean spray out the socket...

>>9145890
so im just supposed to starve the entire day?
>>
I literally just had my wisdom teeth out. I didn't really do a big pre-eat, food passes through you in a day or at most two if you ate a bunch of cheese and beef but that wouldn't really keep you satisfied, just doubly uncomfortable. I agree with the scrambled eggs. I also drank chocolate milk. Then after about four days when I actually thought I might be healed enough to eat solid food carefully I got norovirus so that was just super.
>>
>>9145951
I'm so terrified of that dry socket shit. I need to get my root-canal'd teeth removed (turns out root canals just leave a dead necrotic ultra-toxis gangrene death in your head, and spew that shit into your bloodstream) but damn dry socket is scary.
>>
>>9146032
>only one, top, nonimpacted, probably erupted?(its like halfway to being complete out)
from what i hear i'm only getting local anesthetic
Easy, Tops are easy as there is no danger to the nerve in your lower jaw. They will pull it out like any other tooth and you'll be eating normally in no time. Won't even need pain meds.
The real pain and swelling comes from the removal of bone material from around the socket if it's impacted at a fucked up angle.
>>
>>9146096
It's funny, when I had 3 out at once as a kid I didn't even know what it was. I was smoking a cigarette as soon as I left the building. No longer smoke now and was still shitting about it with the last tooth.
Don't do anything vigorous, don't make suction in your mouth, don't drink alcohol, do some googling about it. I think impacted bottoms have the worst odds.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.