[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cooking thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Cooking thread.
We cook

Here are some steaks I have resting before I pan sear them in my shitty apartment with my gf. I've got the ribeye and she has the ny strip. Asparagus and potatoes in the oven. Can I use Thyme that is in a season shaker for steaks?
>>
>>9145253
What would you suggest for next time then?
>>
>>9145247
you need coarser salt faggot
>>
>>9145269
Ignore him, there are a couple of idiots floating around here that think eating ribeyes aren't manly because they have too much fat/flavor

Thyme is ok to use but use it sparingly, the flavor is very strong
>>
>>9145305
Thankyou, we just found that out. Will be using less next go round. What do the manly men eat around here then? I don't know much about steaks as my dad usually made venison.
>>
>>9145305
>Ignore him, there are a couple of idiots floating around here that think eating ribeyes aren't manly because they have too much fat/flavor
So wait, the steak is girly because it's too fatty? Seriously?
>>
File: hooked.jpg (76KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hooked.jpg
76KB, 400x300px
>>9145344
Yeah, don't you know the only thing a Real Man can eat is a tough sirloin or strip, anything soft and tender is for women and children

Or some shit like that, the last time I fell for the bait it got convoluted
>>
>>9145351
So are you going to suggest something or are you just here to talk shit? If you have questions about any game meats I'd be happy to offer some advice
>>
File: steak test.jpg (37KB, 358x643px) Image search: [Google]
steak test.jpg
37KB, 358x643px
>>9145339
I usually make a blend of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season it regardless of what cut it is. Rub with vegetable oil, season, get it in a hot cast iron skillet, finish with a small pat of butter melted over it
>>
>>9145375
Fuckin neato. What cut do you prefer if money isn't really an issue and is available at a general grocery store?
>>
>>9145247
>thyme on beef
>not using rosemary

Dude.
>>
>>9145390
If money's not an issue? Porterhouse for sure. But most of the time I'm not picky and I go for whatever's on sale
>>
>>9145247
Asparagus and potatoes nice, for next time I'd recommend putting some dill and butter on the potatoes, and a side of pico de gallo, it's a dead simple salsa. I wouldn't use thyme, I usually go for rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and fry on oil with a hefty knob of butter in it, braising it towards the end of cooking.

Just suggestions. Have a good time dude.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9145247
>>9145247
It's that fucking easy. This is an Imageboard. you had one fucking job.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (398KB, 882x1176px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
398KB, 882x1176px
>>9145551
also it's to large, your camera's too shit for the size phoneposter.
>>
There isn't anywhere near an appropriate amount of salt on those steaks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.